Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I read somewhere that in the land of the “woke” full stops are seen as aggressive. I kid you not. And I don’t think it was an April Fool’s.

Who is the subject of this rant as no names are mentioned?

I too love Estee Laundry!

The poor old fullstops getting picked on now I find it odd that after all these years of learning punctuation and proper English we now find out that full stops are aggressive whatever next the comma the exclamation mark the question mark

Please note I have left them all out my comments so as not to offend the full stops 🤔😜

thanks but who or what company is this in reference to, sorry if it shoukd be obvious but I don’t know who this is about.
Very long strong post on Arsebook about beautybio- surprised it hasn’t been pulled by now.

The poor old fullstops getting picked on now I find it odd that after all these years of learning punctuation and proper English we now find out that full stops are aggressive whatever next the comma the exclamation mark the question mark

Please note I have left them all out my comments so as not to offend the full stops 🤔😜
I always taught my students that exclamation marks were the written equivalent of raising your voice. If there are people who think that the full stop is aggressive ! must frighten the s**t out of them 😱

I do tend to use exclamation marks! There see! The number of things that have an alternative meaning or may be regarded offensive these days is like walking through a minefield.I am becoming very twitchy especially as I am wondering if my daily walk is going to result in a telling off by the COVID Police.My neighbour is primed to put up bail to get me out of prison.

I’ll make up for your omissions and a big ((raspberry sound)) to all the terminally offended who don’t like it....
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I’ll make up for your omissions and a big ((raspberry sound)) to all the terminally offended who don’t like it....
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Aw thank you Andi luv. 😂😂😂

😘
Sorry about the brackets in that post, by the way. I expect someone somewhere will say they represent oppression.

Yes, think of all those strawberries and blueberries that are now feeling excluded. 🤔😂😘

If full stops are aggressive, they should apply for a shop assistant roll at QVC. Fingers crossed though I never bump in to a full stop. 🙏👍

Yes, think of all those strawberries and blueberries that are now feeling excluded. 🤔😂😘
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Yes, the brackets themselves are clearly offensive and hate-filled little critters. But you make a good point about the raspberry (or “R word” as we will probably have to refer to it before long). That was very fruitist of me. I had better sign up for Fruit Diversity Awareness training.

And now I’ve used quotation marks. There really is no hope for me.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I did mean the brackets themselves, which are clearly offensive and hate-filled little critters. But you make a good point about the raspberry (or “R word” as we will probably have to refer to it before long). That was very fruitist of me. I had better sign up for Fruit Diversity Awareness training.

And now I’ve used quotation marks. There really is no hope for me.

Ohhhh yeah you’re right the brackets, very offensive indeed 😂😂😂

I just hope I never bump in to a drunken full stop when out and about, if they’re aggressive for just sitting there minding their own business at the end of a sentence, there’s no telling what they might do after a few pints of cider. 😳

Quotation marks, exclamation marks, brackets, full stops, commas, colons, semi colons, question marks - I luvvvv them all, so if you see me storming some building which doesn’t allow them look the other way!

I wonder what a colon has when they have bowel problems, do they have a peopleoscopy? 🤔

I apologise in advance for my punctuation. 😂😂😂

Latest posts

Back