Today I bought....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's also good for clearing up any residue/debris after either of my cats have been sick (sorry!). I used to use my bissel spotifyer but that sometimes didn't completely remove staining. A friend told me to remove any debris and then leave to dry. I was really nervous the first time I did this but once dry I use a rubber handbrush and so far (after a couple of years) it's a 100% success on cream carpet. That said if I see it happening I do try to gently encourage said cat to oblige by throwing up on the laminate or tiles 😁😄
You've reminded me of a story from my aunt and uncle, years ago, after they went round to clear up my cousin's house while he and his rather useless wife were away. My aunt was doing the hoovering in the lounge and was stopped by this awful smell. They went to empty the vacuum cleaner and found quite a bit of cat poo in the bag!! The cat clearly hadn't then been house-trained but you'd think they would have the sense to use dog poo-bags and then a proper floor or carpet cleaner rather than just hoovering it up and not even emptying the vac!

We had loads of department stores in Belfast when I was little girl.

Robbs
Bank Buildings
Co.op which had a dance floor in the cafe
Anderson and McCally
Robertson and Clever
Another one which name escapes me. Near Cornmarket.
Oh we had a Robbs too. It was in a lovely old meandering building. Spent many a happy Saturday afternoon wandering around it with my friend for something to do.

You've reminded me of a story from my aunt and uncle, years ago, after they went round to clear up my cousin's house while he and his rather useless wife were away. My aunt was doing the hoovering in the lounge and was stopped by this awful smell. They went to empty the vacuum cleaner and found quite a bit of cat poo in the bag!! The cat clearly hadn't then been house-trained but you'd think they would have the sense to use dog poo-bags and then a proper floor or carpet cleaner rather than just hoovering it up and not even emptying the vac!
But why were they clearing up his house in the first place? Dis he have special needs?

I have a dog that is falling to bits so any review would be welcome!
Well, I have had a quick go, and it works...but I'll be honest it's pretty hard work, but I can see that it's digging up dirt from the depths, and it's got a squeezy edge which you can use to coralle everything into pick up able piles. So far I've managed to get a good fistful of guff from a small area of carpet and will probably need a quick going over with the vac to pick up the little tiny bits. As hard work as it is, at least I'm not just scratching the surface, pushing dirt around or even further compacting it. It's gonna take a good while for me to cover the whole carpet, but once it's done a quick hoover should be enough for a while. To be honest I was hoping that one quick pass would whoop up a massive chunk and that would be it...but sadly not. Either my carpet isn't as dirty as I thought it was (doubtful lol), or like most things elbow grease and time is as important as the tools you use - but this does seem like a worthwhile purchase. I'll go back and do a bit more in a minute!

Well, I have had a quick go, and it works...but I'll be honest it's pretty hard work, but I can see that it's digging up dirt from the depths, and it's got a squeezy edge which you can use to coralle everything into pick up able piles. So far I've managed to get a good fistful of guff from a small area of carpet and will probably need a quick going over with the vac to pick up the little tiny bits. As hard work as it is, at least I'm not just scratching the surface, pushing dirt around or even further compacting it. It's gonna take a good while for me to cover the whole carpet, but once it's done a quick hoover should be enough for a while. To be honest I was hoping that one quick pass would whoop up a massive chunk and that would be it...but sadly not. Either my carpet isn't as dirty as I thought it was (doubtful lol), or like most things elbow grease and time is as important as the tools you use - but this does seem like a worthwhile purchase. I'll go back and do a bit more in a minute!
Thank you! I'm sure my carpet is as dirty as I think it is so I'll get one, it will give me something to do while I'm on furlough and it sounds like it will be good exercise too.

I am going to confess that pre Christmas I bought the revamp curl brush thingy. It arrived on the 23rd and returned to qvc on the 30th. What a waste of money, the curler heated well but was worse than useless, didn't do anything for my hair in fact I get better curls using my straighteners. Hadn't heard of this brand before, but I feel for the sales pitch. I wouldn't buy anything from this brand again or recommend this product.
And in other news my shark cleaner purchased from qvc 4 years ago packed up over Christmas. Phoned shark direct to check the warranty, was informed it was covered for 5 years. They collected the old cleaner and delivered a brand new one in exchange 😊 excellent customer service from shark.

My friend was invaded by ants one summer. She'd tried sweeping them out and a few other things but when they were trooping down the kitchen wall she whipped out her hoover and sucked them up.

She thought that was that and put the hoover back under the stairs. Opening the door to get it out the next day she found ants everywhere. They'd survived the suckage and got out. Stuff of nightmares!

My friend was invaded by ants one summer. She'd tried sweeping them out and a few other things but when they were trooping down the kitchen wall she whipped out her hoover and sucked them up.

She thought that was that and put the hoover back under the stairs. Opening the door to get it out the next day she found ants everywhere. They'd survived the suckage and got out. Stuff of nightmares!
Ewwwww! What a terrifying tale.

Ewwwww! What a terrifying tale.
I love ants, they work very hard & their nuptial flight on Ant Flying Day fascinates me. When I was a child I lived next door to my best friend/mortal enemy. We played 'The Game' for years & a big part of it involved us fighting giant red ants, the size of labradors, that were threatening to take over the world 🐜The best day we ever had was when a neighbour died in his garden, both our mothers refused to believe us & we got told off for spying on him.

I bought a pair of Isaac Mizrahi trousers. Just black serviceable trousers. I put in the sale code and got the reduction but the total was more than the presenter calculated . Then I realised they are not flagging up you still have postage added on.

Anyway the main problem with the item was the waist band . OMG. Like torture. The thick elasticated waistband at the back dug into the small of my back with every step. They sewed a huge thick seam in the middle.No way could I continue with them.
I’m not naive enough to think these are really designer but they are the most uncomfortable trousers ever.
Returned and put a review up which I hardly ever do.
I was thinking that anyone who got the summer colours probably won’t wear them for a good while and won’t be able to return them.

I once got stuck in an Isaac Mizrahi dress! It was lovely but had no stretch and I really should have ordered a size up. I got it on and zipped it up and then realised I couldn't breathe so tried to unzip it but the zip was jammed. Unfortunately Mr CC was 300 miles away visiting his family (pre lockdown and covid) so there was no one unless I waited for the postman to come the next day and ask him to help :LOL::LOL:. I ended up ripping the dress a bit and wriggling out of it like a snake shedding its skin. Then I went on a diet.

Today I bought compost from IW which was on 4 flexi pays and free postage and I popped in a pack of oriental poppies just for the hell of it. I know, I know . . .

CC

I once got stuck in an Isaac Mizrahi dress! It was lovely but had no stretch and I really should have ordered a size up. I got it on and zipped it up and then realised I couldn't breathe so tried to unzip it but the zip was jammed. Unfortunately Mr CC was 300 miles away visiting his family (pre lockdown and covid) so there was no one unless I waited for the postman to come the next day and ask him to help :LOL::LOL:. I ended up ripping the dress a bit and wriggling out of it like a snake shedding its skin. Then I went on a diet.

Today I bought compost from IW which was on 4 flexi pays and free postage and I popped in a pack of oriental poppies just for the hell of it. I know, I know . . .

I love ants, they work very hard & their nuptial flight on Ant Flying Day fascinates me. When I was a child I lived next door to my best friend/mortal enemy. We played 'The Game' for years & a big part of it involved us fighting giant red ants, the size of labradors, that were threatening to take over the world 🐜The best day we ever had was when a neighbour died in his garden, both our mothers refused to believe us & we got told off for spying on him.
Oooh, no, ants freak me out. You do have to admire their industriousness and organisation but that's part of why they freak me out. As for giant red ones, what a strange child you were! 😆😆

CC
Planning an opium farm as a lockdown hobby, CC?

I once

Today I bought compost from IW which was on 4 flexi pays and free postage and I popped in a pack of oriental poppies just for the hell of it. I know, I know . .

CC
I once had a personal shopping experience and the personal shopper insisted I tried on this one particular dress, even though I informed her I didn't like it and it was more than I planned on paying. The zip jammed on the dress and she had to cut me out of it, the dress was over £200!

Had you been watching that Joan Collins film with giant ants? Or the one with red killer ants where the last scene was 2 people clinging to each other surrounded by them?

I should never have been allowed to watch films like that as a child, though revenge was waking my parents with my screams from nightmares. The worst was the original version of the Katie Holmes film where they unblocked the basement fireplace. I think the girl from the original True Grit was in the original. More nightmare fuel!

Had you been watching that Joan Collins film with giant ants? Or the one with red killer ants where the last scene was 2 people clinging to each other surrounded by them?

I should never have been allowed to watch films like that as a child, though revenge was waking my parents with my screams from nightmares. The worst was the original version of the Katie Holmes film where they unblocked the basement fireplace. I think the girl from the original True Grit was in the original. More nightmare fuel!
Good grief, I'd never watch anything like that now, let alone back in the mid 60s. I was addicted to Thunderbirds, in fact in 'The Game' I was Lady Penelope, Sara was a princess in an orphanage & I was trying to get her back to her parents. We were greatly influenced by a Belgian tv programme called Captain Zeppos & on the day our neighbour died our story was that he was a spy & had been killed by Zeppos, shame he left him sitting in his deckchair all day :eek: We had very colourful imaginations & wonderful childhoods.

Good grief, I'd never watch anything like that now, let alone back in the mid 60s. I was addicted to Thunderbirds, in fact in 'The Game' I was Lady Penelope, Sara was a princess in an orphanage & I was trying to get her back to her parents. We were greatly influenced by a Belgian tv programme called Captain Zeppos & on the day our neighbour died our story was that he was a spy & had been killed by Zeppos, shame he left him sitting in his deckchair all day :eek: We had very colourful imaginations & wonderful childhoods.

Unlike the poor kids these days.

My parents would moan about the amount of telly I watched but computer games are far worse for kids. At least the telly only got watched on wet days. I'm surprised more kids don't have rickets with the lack of sunshine they get.

Latest posts

Back