Today I bought....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oooh, no, ants freak me out. You do have to admire their industriousness and organisation but that's part of why they freak me out. As for giant red ones, what a strange child you were! 😆😆

Planning an opium farm as a lockdown hobby, CC?
I don't know who came up with the red ants but we had the best of times paying 'The Game'. We both had garden swings & could co-ordinate swinging so that we could talk to each other over the fence, one of our dads put a gate at the top of the gardens so that we had access between the two & our most used words were defo & proper. We bought our home from my parents & my old bedroom is now my Mr T's office; when I close the curtains I can visualise Sara & me sitting on the sills, the windows pushed as far against the house wall as possible, leaning out to talk - I could never understand why my mother made such a fuss over the potential dangers 🤕

I don't know who came up with the red ants but we had the best of times paying 'The Game'. We both had garden swings & could co-ordinate swinging so that we could talk to each other over the fence, one of our dads put a gate at the top of the gardens so that we had access between the two & our most used words were defo & proper. We bought our home from my parents & my old bedroom is now my Mr T's office; when I close the curtains I can visualise Sara & me sitting on the sills, the windows pushed as far against the house wall as possible, leaning out to talk - I could never understand why my mother made such a fuss over the potential dangers 🤕
Sounds like you had a lovely childhood

Has anybody else watched the "Our Yorkshire Farm" documentaries about the Owens family ? Their 9 children are amazing and have had a wonderful upbringing on their remote farm. From being toddlers they are free range and chip in with all sorts of tasks and I`ve no doubt those kids will tackle whatever life throws at them, they are a hardy bunch. Of course not everybody lives so remotely nor have the space for kids to roam as theirs do but they enjoy such simple pleasures such as outside tea parties, tinkering with bits of wood etc , caring for animals, helping to cook or bake and paddling in the brook. They certainly don`t have the opportunity to sit glued to a games console or pc.

Yes my friend told me about this programme. She has really enjoyed watching. There was a five year old girl shepherding sheep about - very confident and sounding and looking just like her mum. A very different upbringing.

I don't know what "The Game" is but I used to play something called just that with my dear Border Terrier. The Game consisted of me hiding gravy bones around the livingroom while he cheated and watched through the kitchen glass door. He still missed some though 🐶 I'll miss him always.

CC

I don't know what "The Game" is but I used to play something called just that with my dear Border Terrier. The Game consisted of me hiding gravy bones around the livingroom while he cheated and watched through the kitchen glass door. He still missed some though 🐶 I'll miss him always.

CC
It was the imaginary world my best friend & I inhabited for years; we lived next door to each other & played this all the time. I can understand how you feel, border terriers are such lovely dogs, like teddy bears walking on all four legs & with smiling faces. I will seriously consider having one if my Mr T shuffles off before me, I'm sure he would be much tidier, the only problem would be that he couldn't get me onto a plane & the old man can, hey ho.

Has anybody else watched the "Our Yorkshire Farm" documentaries about the Owens family ? Their 9 children are amazing and have had a wonderful upbringing on their remote farm. From being toddlers they are free range and chip in with all sorts of tasks and I`ve no doubt those kids will tackle whatever life throws at them, they are a hardy bunch. Of course not everybody lives so remotely nor have the space for kids to roam as theirs do but they enjoy such simple pleasures such as outside tea parties, tinkering with bits of wood etc , caring for animals, helping to cook or bake and paddling in the brook. They certainly don`t have the opportunity to sit glued to a games console or pc.
Yes I’ve watched a few. Quite enjoyed them though find it surprising that any couple would manage to bring up 9 children. Haven’t liked the series enough to schedule it into my tv watching time. I’m listening to audio books a lot at the moment from my favourite detective author Dona Leon

Yes I’ve watched a few. Quite enjoyed them though find it surprising that any couple would manage to bring up 9 children. Haven’t liked the series enough to schedule it into my tv watching time. I’m listening to audio books a lot at the moment from my favourite detective author Dona Leon
Ooh Guido & Venice, I love them. I'm also a fan of Michele Giuttari, even though his novels do contain some stomach churning descriptions.

Last edited:
Ruth Langford pink jumper

Xmas TSV or Oct to Dec ( I always buy more between Oct to dec):

Benefit cheek Palette
Liz early set
Gary Cockerell foundation
Elemis mist
Prai neck seru
Prai neck cream
Tili box

Gatineau tsv
2 x loccitane tsv
2 x Elemis tsv (one for daughter)
2 x Molton brown tsv ( daughter and boyfriend)
Skin sense tsv
Tarte tsv
Mally tsv
Liz Earle tsv
Harry Slatkin candles tsv - gorgeous!!
Tili make up brush

Ordered a new bread bin from my catalogue. At the moment I've got a large red metal one with a wooden lid that doubles up as a breadboard, but things tend to get put on top of it including a small fruitbowl. Nine times out of ten the bread gets plonked on top instead of inside and oh usually grabs a regular chopping board to slice bread 'cause it's easier. I've finally had enough of the hulking great thing. The one I've ordered is a wooden roll fronted one with a bread board that slides in underneath..it's got a flat top, so if necessary the fruit bowl can still sit on top, but at the least the bread can be accessed easily as well as the breadboard. Some of bread bins you can get are totally style over substance.

Ordered a new bread bin from my catalogue. At the moment I've got a large red metal one with a wooden lid that doubles up as a breadboard, but things tend to get put on top of it including a small fruitbowl. Nine times out of ten the bread gets plonked on top instead of inside and oh usually grabs a regular chopping board to slice bread 'cause it's easier. I've finally had enough of the hulking great thing. The one I've ordered is a wooden roll fronted one with a bread board that slides in underneath..it's got a flat top, so if necessary the fruit bowl can still sit on top, but at the least the bread can be accessed easily as well as the breadboard. Some of bread bins you can get are totally style over substance.
Sounds great. Which catalogue?

René-Jean Page is being talked up now as a possible James Bond... I haven't seen Bridgeton, so can't judge his acting prowess, but he's easy on the eye!
He's lush. A man who looked a bit like him ran passed me today & I did that second look as he went into the park. A woman walking towards me did the same & said "Very nice" I agreed & her husband said he'd dob us in for chatting - we both said that he was worth it.

Latest posts

Back