Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't seem to stop posting tonight. Does anyone here think that the presenters are reading this board? The thought just popped in my head after I re-read one of my posts from last week which started "Pervy Pete is on The Best Time Of Day Show™" and a night or so later Rob Lockwithane was talking with Simon Lies saying something like "Oh we can't call it that because Pete has trademarked it". Now my phrasing was far from original, and there's funnier jokes from better sources, but could it be that the post was fresh in his mind?
The phrase "Best Time of the Day Show" was coined by Alex Lester, who calls himself the Dark Lord of cult radio. Peter Simon just 'borrowed' the phrase, although I imagine he is quite happy to give the impression that it is his creation. His completely derivative 'comedy' routines and catchlines make him about as original as a fake Rolex.

The phrase "Best Time of the Day Show" was coined by Alex Lester, who calls himself the Dark Lord of cult radio. Peter Simon just 'borrowed' the phrase, although I imagine he is quite happy to give the impression that it is his creation. His completely derivative 'comedy' routines and catchlines make him about as original as a fake Rolex.
I forgot Alex Lester used the phrase. I used to enjoy him on Radio 2 on my way home from working lates. I completely agree about Peter Simon though. His "routine" is stolen from real comedy legends like Larry Grayson, Frankie Howerd, Les Dawson and Rob Wilton. He hasn't got the natural charisma or comic timing of any of them though. He is unlikable and hasn't got an original idea in his tiny brain. He's slimy, and creepy towards guests whether they're male or female. Apart from all that though he's not bad.

I can't believe the crap the weasel is spouting tonight, world timer tachymeter is used for moon travel 🤔 and on the case back is Sputnik 😮 thick as mince

Hmm, George Walpole British PM 🤔 thought it was Robert, but hey ho, as long as it flogs cheap watches, why let facts get in the way 🤣

Jane plan this morning, Shaun and Jane, emphasizing and continually saying this is NOT a diet it's a healthy eating plan.

So why is the book at the center of the display in front of Shaun called "The Jane Plan Diet" and her web site full of the word Diet?

What's wrong with calling it a diet on IW when it's called a diet everywhere else? :unsure:

Hmm, George Walpole British PM 🤔 thought it was Robert, but hey ho, as long as it flogs cheap watches, why let facts get in the way 🤣
And we had Francis Bacon invented the NASA Apollo rockets! Clever feat as he died in 1626😂 unless there's another English person with the same name he was involved with NASA program 🤔 I suspect not🤫

And we had Francis Bacon invented the NASA Apollo rockets! Clever feat as he died in 1626😂 unless there's another English person with the same name he was involved with NASA program 🤔 I suspect not🤫
It was one of that Francis Bacon's descendants, Francis Thomas Bacon, born in 1904, developed the first practical hydrogen-oxygen fuel cell.
Not often the little shyster is correct but on this rare occasion he was, of course it's easy to be correct with names he's picking from history, probably just scans wiki for names that sound good, although even he manages to mess that up a lot, but the rest of the waffle he comes out with is utter gibberish nonsense mixed with a large dose of lies.
He's nothing but an little ignorant, lying conman.

Classic from him today was.

A few top Swiss brands do world timers but they are usually cost millions. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jane plan this morning, Shaun and Jane, emphasizing and continually saying this is NOT a diet it's a healthy eating plan.

So why is the book at the center of the display in front of Shaun called "The Jane Plan Diet" and her web site full of the word Diet?

What's wrong with calling it a diet on IW when it's called a diet everywhere else? :unsure:
Definition of diet:

the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats.
or
a special course of food to which a person restricts themselves, either to lose weight or for medical reasons.

It doesn't matter what they say, it's a diet of some description as it involves the intake of food. They're trying to differentiate the brand from weightwatchers etc so prospective buyers don't think their food intake is going to be restricted as such ('oh I hate going on diets' scenario) ... even though it is going to be restricted if you want to follow the Jane Plan DIET correctly.

Jane Plan, spend £199 on the plastic sachets of food and £299 on fresh fruit and veg :)

It was one of that Francis Bacon's descendants, Francis Thomas Bacon, born in 1904, developed the first practical hydrogen-oxygen fuel cell.
Not often the little shyster is correct but on this rare occasion he was, of course it's easy to be correct with names he's picking from history, probably just scans wiki for names that sound good, although even he manages to mess that up a lot, but the rest of the waffle he comes out with is utter gibberish nonsense mixed with a large dose of lies.
He's nothing but an little ignorant, lying conman.

Classic from him today was.

A few top Swiss brands do world timers but they are usually cost millions. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yes the world timers at millions😀 and I thought you just needed a rotating bezel with the different cities/time zones on any watch regardless of price. 😎 Unless it's an internal bezel they cost lot to do even on a £100 watch with £70 free gift lol 🤫 Sill a very tennious link with the rockets but thanks for info.

Definition of diet:

the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats.
or
a special course of food to which a person restricts themselves, either to lose weight or for medical reasons.

It doesn't matter what they say, it's a diet of some description as it involves the intake of food. They're trying to differentiate the brand from weightwatchers etc so prospective buyers don't think their food intake is going to be restricted as such ('oh I hate going on diets' scenario) ... even though it is going to be restricted if you want to follow the Jane Plan DIET correctly.

Jane Plan, spend £199 on the plastic sachets of food and £299 on fresh fruit and veg :)
I think they want to disassociate from the diet theme at the moment as food delivery companies are doing very well currently and Jane probably wants to cash in on it, hence the insistence that it’s ‘normal’ food.

No doubt, once things get back to normal, they will revert back to it being a helpful diet regime.

Peter Simon this evening whilst flogging Swan and Edgar watches saying that the price of the watch was 'unbelievable' whilst talking about the 'full' 'retail' price...yes, their RRPs are truly unbelievable (y)

Anyway, had to give up watching Simon Peters because he kept talking all over guest James, and although I'm not a big fan of James it was truly awful hearing Peter talk all over him repeatedly even if it was interrupting the usual sales pitch.

Latest posts

Back