Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That bucket of gunk looks vile! I’m always suspicious of an ‘all purpose’ cream. Wouldn’t like to use it as a face or eye cream, no matter how high up a mountain he had to climb.Does this mean we’ve got a whole month of that irritating man bleating on about his mom ( or maaaaarm as he calls her)
and telling his silly far fetched stories.
I managed to get one off eBay for a tenner plus post it gets very good reviews..I love the hair oil best product ever and pay full price for it if I have to...

Supersize of the Month January

Algenist Supersize Genius Liquid Collagen Serum 60ml £89.97 + post & 3 Easy Pays

Beauty Steal of the Month January

Elemis Peptide4 Night Recovery Cream-Oil 30ml Duo £61.98 Delivered & 3 Easy Pays

I was just looking for this thread last night!
Is there a supersize of the month too?
Thanks SCW. I checked on Q and nothing to be found when I looked. Hopefully they've updated now.
Yep when I posted the pick and steal the supersize wasn't showing, was pretty sure it was going to be from Korres but didn't want to say until completely certain.
Another repeated offer
Yep, so boring!!!

Attachments

• Elemis 1.jpg
    Elemis 1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 114
Two issues scream at me about this. Might be more by the time I finish, get a coffee folks and hold on, rant time.

ONE
it is only a change of fragrance. So we've had original, rose, neroli and now water mint.

I've tried both rose and original. Rose was tooo heavily scented for me. I forget what year I had this (2017?) and really liked it But it leaked some oil (not proper split just leaking), no other balm I've had has every done this and I've used about 12-15 balms only repurchasing four. One of those being a second and third Elemis Rose - one leaked loads of oil one didn't but it was bought and used over a short time span (50ml-ish in about a winter month). I know a lot about the Stats of Sampling Theory so know three is way way too small a sample but for 2/3 to leak is not good. I would buy more but at the right price and only in Winter until it proved itself. Also a 200ml type pot has a very short shelf life relative to its size for my usage.

The original one did nothing at all for me or my skin at this price point.

Tempted no, intrigued yes, will I be trying - want to but probably not. Hoping to find a No7 and an Emma Hardie in my stash. So that looks a no to me.

TWO
Chuffing hell this is a really boring item. How many times have they had an Elemis balm cleanser over the last few years?

So we've had Elasticizier with a new fragrance, possibly this with a new fragrance. Out of four definite BPOTM and Supersize and a possible fifth item two are just repeats. So 40% repeating. Why don't they invent a new category - "same old thing just a new pong". I do use Elasticizier didn't buy this time as I've way too many pots and tubes to use up.

Long post thanks if you haven't fallen asleep, but I might with this lack of real newness.

THREE - I did warn there might be more.
And what is water mint? Or is it mint water? Lost the will to look back. Mint on your face and in your eyes, think I'll just do that stupid MAGA woman and use raw onion on my eyes. I'm not anti fragrance but I want soooooothing calmness not something that makes me wince at the thought.

Nanny McFee? you might be on duty for this one, but magic some balm into my stash and you won't be needed on the balm front until about September/October.

FOUR or FiVE
Now, if they had the travel size in a Tili box, I'd buy that as I could make an informed choice for a huge pot that will pass its open life before I use it.

I best have some cheese for this whine.

Some info on water mint

Water mint, Mentha aquatica, is a vigorous, herbaceous perennial with a wide native distribution, including Africa, Asia and Europe. In the UK it grows in the shallow waters of fens, streams, ditches and meadows. (a weed!) Watermint plants have topical medicinal properties as a balm for sore muscles and an aid for cleaning wounds. The oils in the leaves add flavor to cooking and baking and leaves add a bright zing to salads. You can dry the leaves for use as a tea, which aids in digestion and calms ulcers. It can be used to make a herbal tea. The cultivated variety known as eau de Cologne mint or bergamot mint, is used to produce mentha citrata oil, also known as bergamot mint oil, used in perfumery. Not to be confused with Bergamot essential oil.

Be interested to see if they claim that it's a rare and precious plant that only grows on south facing sides of Far Eastern slag heaps and it must be harvested under a full moon by eunuchs riding unicorns.

Yes, stop it! Boring, boring, boring!
OVERKILL. They know the balm sells, lets fiddledy-dee- with mad scents to get the eejits to buy them all. 'Collect all 4!' 'A wardrobe of cleansing balms!' Take to school when they reopen & do 'any swaps' in the playground!

Who is actually fooled by this fuckery? The lids, obvs!

Some info on water mint

Water mint, Mentha aquatica, is a vigorous, herbaceous perennial with a wide native distribution, including Africa, Asia and Europe. In the UK it grows in the shallow waters of fens, streams, ditches and meadows. (a weed!) Watermint plants have topical medicinal properties as a balm for sore muscles and an aid for cleaning wounds. The oils in the leaves add flavor to cooking and baking and leaves add a bright zing to salads. You can dry the leaves for use as a tea, which aids in digestion and calms ulcers. It can be used to make a herbal tea. The cultivated variety known as eau de Cologne mint or bergamot mint, is used to produce mentha citrata oil, also known as bergamot mint oil, used in perfumery. Not to be confused with Bergamot essential oil.

Be interested to see if they claim that it's a rare and precious plant that only grows on south facing sides of Far Eastern slag heaps and it must be harvested under a full moon by eunuchs riding unicorns.

They give all these flavours a 'real' plant name, but the reality is that the frag is derived by 99% of synthetics, with a weeny bit of the 'natural to cover up. I bet it's gonna be peppermint oil - one of the cheapest of essential oils & an irritant as so many are. I predict talk of 'invigorating skin' & 'livening up the complexion'.....er no - mild inflammation.

Latest posts

Back