Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh I see the "expert" is saying it's a vintage Slava in the CCCP Black Sea watch.:rolleyes:

The Black Sea has a Seiko NH35a in it.

Yeah mikey boy as you said in the last show, you only state stuff that you can back up with facts. :ROFLMAO:

So did a check again last night on their massive sell out show, or so Mike Mason was saying, everything is going, selling out, blink and their gone, oh and i hate the amount of times he asks, "how many is left" and then says "is that it" without ever giving a figure.

Anyway they started the show with 15 model with 31 colourways.
This morning they still have 15 model but only 28 colourways left.

Yeah Mike, everything sold out alright. :ROFLMAO:

So did a check again last night on their massive sell out show, or so Mike Mason was saying, everything is going, selling out, blink and their gone, oh and i hate the amount of times he asks, "how many is left" and then says "is that it" without ever giving a figure.

Anyway they started the show with 15 model with 31 colourways.
This morning they still have 15 model but only 28 colourways left.

Yeah Mike, everything sold out alright. :ROFLMAO:
Although they're all guilty of it to varying degrees, Mike M is one of the worst for just turning on his selly telly presenter autopilot at the start of the show and trotting out one cliched and overused IW sales phrase after another, some of them exclusive to him. I've not watched him for a while but if I recall, once the show has barely started he starts trotting out stuff like ...

We're already crazy busy guys!
Internet has gone into meltdown guys!
Listen, I say this not to pressure you ...

Blah blah blah. The fact he spouts this guff whether it's 9am, 4pm, 9pm or midnight tells you it's guff cause we all know they're not busy 24/7, no matter what they tell us. I genuinely wonder what he would say (and his colleagues cause they're in the main just as bad) if you were able to chat to him the day after a supposedly 'almost sold out' show and present the figures you've posted. Joking aside I wonder what their defence would be if you said 'but you kept on mentioning how stuff was selling out Mike, me confused?'

Sh1t choice if you don’t mind me saying 🤨

Think they led you down the boggy path there, green is apparently bang on trend according to Basilworld ites
Talking of Baselworld, that's another load of guff.

'Emm yeah (sincere presenter voice activated) this range was supposed to be launched at Baselworld this year but unfortunately we all know the situation due to world events, so we've moved heaven and earth working with our supplier to get these here for you tonight ...'

Analyse that sort of guff statement for a minute. SO WHAT?!? Even if it's true, all this means is we're being sold these 'exclusive timepieces' x months early. You're NOT doing us any favours so stop trying to make it sound as though you are.

'Yeah, this new model Ford was supposed to launch at the International Car Show, however with it being cancelled we've brought it to market 5 months early.'

SO ... WHAT???

Yeah gone are the days of T Callers coming through to the Studio.

The days of Germatude from MyGate, coming through and fawning over the guests and presenters, and then asking for there Signed Photo like they are some A list celebrity are long gone, as they are worried customers will be too honest.

TJC had some Gammages watches on late last night, only 15 sold. I don’t know if it’s any indication in how many IW shift.

Gammages is just Swan & Edgar, with a different name, part of Fields Luxury Products in the same office in Arcadia Ave, London, same cheap watches.

I would imagine IW sell lot more.

I think IW got a lot of their customers into watch collecting, people who are new to watches and watch collecting, which is fine, but part of the problem for is they started with mostly decent enough watchmaking brands, Mathey-Tissot, Roamer, Swiss Military, Sturmanskie, Vostok Europe etc but have since flooded their shows with cheap watches from numerous brands, who get their watches from China, that have started up to take advantage of/cash in on the renewed interest in watch collecting, with pretendy con artist experts spouting invented back stories (History & Heritage) and false quality claims who are just taking advantage of those new to watch collecting and less knowledgeable.
While there are a lot of microbrands starting up these days, quite a few of them are actually trying to provide a good quality watch, with decent movements etc, watches that are actually worth spending money on and adding to your collection, unlike most of the new brands on IW which are just cheap Chinese watches with the cheapest movements on the market, given ridiculously high RRPs and totally false quality claims.

Talking of Baselworld, that's another load of guff.

'Emm yeah (sincere presenter voice activated) this range was supposed to be launched at Baselworld this year but unfortunately we all know the situation due to world events, so we've moved heaven and earth working with our supplier to get these here for you tonight ...'

Analyse that sort of guff statement for a minute. SO WHAT?!? Even if it's true, all this means is we're being sold these 'exclusive timepieces' x months early. You're NOT doing us any favours so stop trying to make it sound as though you are.

'Yeah, this new model Ford was supposed to launch at the International Car Show, however with it being cancelled we've brought it to market 5 months early.'

SO ... WHAT???

There is a big difference though, Ford will be an actual participating exhibitor at the official International car show, these watch brands claiming launching at Baselworld aren't exhibitors at the official show, but just exhibiting their wares in Hotels, cafes etc nearby when the show is running.

Yeah gone are the days of T Callers coming through to the Studio.

The days of Germatude from MyGate, coming through and fawning over the guests and presenters, and then asking for there Signed Photo like they are some A list celebrity are long gone, as they are worried customers will be too honest.
I did chuckle once or twice when Rob RockE said 'and for those waiting on signed pics of me ...'

There is a big difference though, Ford will be an actual participating exhibitor at the official International car show, these watch brands claiming launching at Baselworld aren't exhibitors at the official show, but just exhibiting their wares in Hotels, cafes etc nearby when the show is running.
In car parks, laybys etc :) :) :)

Dave Bradford on C&C went to where they filmed Downton Abbey, and has sketched the castle, he has worked with Stephanie Weightman to reproduce it, all the proceeds are going to NHS Charities.

He is on C&C now, with a tshirt on with his picture and the item number on it, a new way of selling

Why can’t Bazelworld go ahead.

Couldnt it be done online, and interactive.
I think most of the big name exhibitors fell out with the organisers, originally over not getting a refund from last years cancellation. They were going to do their own show, with Bazelworld not happening or at least if it did, in a smaller form.
Would some of these dubious brands even exhibit a Bazelworld? More likely it's the Chineese manufactures who make the watches for Swan & Edgar etc.

I think most of the big name exhibitors fell out with the organisers, originally over not getting a refund from last years cancellation. They were going to do their own show, with Bazelworld not happening or at least if it did, in a smaller form.
Would some of these dubious brands even exhibit a Bazelworld? More likely it's the Chineese manufactures who make the watches for Swan & Edgar etc.
Thanks for that reply. I know lots of stuff like shows has become Interactive so I thought why can’t that

The writing has been on the wall for a few years due to rising costs of the Baselworld event, lot of the exhibitors have been unhappy, The Swatch Group (Breguet, Omega, Longines, Rado, Tissot, Hamilton, Mido, Certina, etc) had already pulled out of last years event before it got cancelled by covid, and more like Rolex, Tudor, Patek etc have already stated they are not attending anymore and starting their own show.

Latest posts

Back