Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yeah, whether intentional or not, the IW selly telly vibe given off is very much barrow boy poundland, whereas channels like QVC, whilst not blameless in some of their sales techniques, have an overall vibe of professionalism and quality.

I've said it before, I can only assume they (Peter S, Mike M, Paul B etc) get the sales figures when they present, so are to an extent given free reign to come out with their drivel. Says just as much about the average IW punter if you ask me. One thing's for sure, these channels know the demographic they're targeting.

Oh I think their approach is very much intentional, you just don't compile a group of presenters, "pretendy experts", programme producers, buyers etc, and accidentally come out with the tricks, lies and misinformation that they do as a WHOLE. And as i've said a few times, there is actually no need for them to perform in such a manner, most of their products would sell on merit at the prices they are at with just a non-hysterical, non over-hyping, honest sales pitch. Ok the watches are slightly different, a few of the brands would be ok, but quite a few would most likely see a big drop in sales if IW suddenly gave them an honest sales pitch. ;):ROFLMAO:

Hey, just last night Mason was giving it the usual goddess treatment selling the LAB Photon thing, and how the goddess for years used the big well known cosmetic range beginning with a 'C', she used the Lab product and said it was a game changer. Which some might think well nothing strange in that, except we all know the goddess dumped the C brand many years ago in favour of Elizabeth Grant, of course he couldn't say it's a game changer from using EG as IW sell that. Deliberate deception and misrepresentation, something that is thought out, it doesn't happen unintentionally.

I also think it takes intentional planning for a company to be selling their products at three different outlets, Telly, E-bay & Amazon, and while claiming during TV shows their Telly prices are unbeatable and cheapest to be had they NEVER inform the viewers that some of these bargains can actually be had cheaper at their Ebay & Amazon store fronts. I'v shown EG examples in the past, last night POTD Vibrapower 3 could be had for a couple of pounds cheaper if you bought it through their Amazon Marketplace store instead of the IW telly. In fact do Ideal every advertise they sell on Ebay or Amazon Marketplace?

For me IW just mirrors the state of the Country and the downward spiral it's been on for years, if we can vote in incompetent fools like BJ & the Tories is it any wonder we have a successful popular selly telly channel that is thriving on lies, misinformation and con artistry, whilst honest retailers are going to the wall, left, right and centre.

As for their demographics, one of the latest from the flood of revues Trust Pilot is getting sums the stupidity of their viewers up perfectly.

"Ideal World.... Been a member for years!
In times of difficulty, the team are still fun, up beat and good company.
Keep going guys, lots of people regard you as friends"

Says it all really, friends?

Since when did friends lie, misinform or con you? :eek::confused::mad:

But do they get the customers sometimes at 9.10 10 minutes after the launch, I have often heard Peter come out with weve 50 on phone and web since the launch, surely that’s not busy

think it depends on the product.

Probably clothing, small items etc, it's not much, but for bigger items, like mattresses, bikes, ovens etc that's a fair amount at one go at the start. A lot will probably watch some demos first, here tech details etc and buy later in a show.

think it depends on the product.

Probably clothing, small items etc, it's not much, but for bigger items, like mattresses, bikes, ovens etc that's a fair amount at one go at the start. A lot will probably watch some demos first, here tech details etc and buy later in a show.
But when you’ve seen the product for the 100th time, who needs the demos.

That Santising Thing the other day made a nice change, but they will probably oversell that now

Swan & Edgar tonight.

New guy on, obviously baby Fields has been to so big of an embarrassment they've had to wheel in the big guns, the Head of Operations at Swan & Edgar, David Anthony. He says "he's responsible for sourcing materials, the whole manufacturing process and bringing the watches to life". Must have jetting in from China then for the show then. ;):ROFLMAO:

He's another that is trying to link the Swan & Edgar Department store's history with Swan and Edgar the watch brand. :rolleyes:

And each one is a "work of art" he says. :confused:

Chinese sweatshops produce a lot of stuff, but "works of art" ain't one of them. :ROFLMAO:

The first work of art is "unique in design" he says.

Unique? Nothing unique about it at all, apart from the poor specifications for a pretendy dive watch. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Gen, on the caged watch, which has a unique cage because of Colin Chapman and racing, actually it's just a cheap imitation/copy of the cage feature found on some Divers watches, but anyway, Gen says "It's the first time we've seen it on Ideal world, it was on ITV and absolutely when crazy".

Utter baloney.

Just how thick are these presenters? The idiots do realise that the Ideal World programs on ITV are just a simulcast of the Ideal World channel that is still being broadcast to all those in the nation with Sky, Virgin etc. Just because IW don't have space on freeview after 12 am, and have done a deal for a couple of hours of space on ITV's freeview channel, doesn't mean the IW channel has stopped broadcasting or shut down, it's still broadcasting so the other tv platforms can access it, it broadcasts 24 hours a day.

But when you’ve seen the product for the 100th time, who needs the demos.

That Santising Thing the other day made a nice change, but they will probably oversell that now

I suppose maybe some haven't seen the demos (new viewer) or seen before, but were needing the product at that time and just double checking the demo now that they are ready to buy? Just Guesing, in reality i've not a clue how the minds of Ideal world viewers work, ****** mystery to me. :)

But Swan & Edgar has 500 on the web site according to Gen, although why 500 folk would be intersted in a Swan & Edgar again a mystery to me, that's a staggering number, obviously a lot of folks will be needing to make appointments with their opticians when lockdown is finally over. ;):ROFLMAO:

Although the guy is obviously better with History/Geography than baby fields and not making any of the usual gaffs, he's still nae a watch expert, he's said on a couple of the watches that they have 60 second timer in one of the sub dials, it's not a timer it's just a small seconds, so the watch has the normal seconds hand and a small seconds hand, NO TIMER.

And Gen whittering on about Swan & Edgar's AMAZING heritage. :rolleyes:

Just how much rubbish and lies can Peter Simon spout in a show. :ROFLMAO:

"First in world to see it, would have been launched at Baselworld to their distributors there." :ROFLMAO:

What distributors? Nobody sells them apart from IW and Swan & Edgar. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Off to watch something else now, had enough listening to Peter Simon's & the Guy's :poop: :ROFLMAO:

Although he doesn't make historical faux pas like baby fields, he's no different when describing the technical and quality aspects of the watches, he's just parroting the same rubbish about them.

Last edited:
Just seen this on twitter....from 2 days ago .... 6 replies in 2 days
Rob Locke
@roblockeontv

Feb 26

Twitter, please help. I'm serious. Let's use your power for good. My ultimate goal is to be the next actor to play The Doctor. It's my calling. It's the role I was born to play. I AM The Doctor. Please unleash your retweeting, viral, social-media force. #BBC #DoctorWho

Rob Locke
@roblockeontv

Feb 26

Twitter, please help. I'm serious. Let's use your power for good. My ultimate goal is to be the next actor to play The Doctor. It's my calling. It's the role I was born to play. I AM The Doctor. Please unleash your retweeting, viral, social-media force. #BBC #DoctorWho
Would he fit through the phone box door?

Rob Locke
@roblockeontv

Feb 26

Is he deluded? Let's see how many of his fans re-tweet his message!

Oh I think their approach is very much intentional, you just don't compile a group of presenters, "pretendy experts", programme producers, buyers etc, and accidentally come out with the tricks, lies and misinformation that they do as a WHOLE. And as i've said a few times, there is actually no need for them to perform in such a manner, most of their products would sell on merit at the prices they are at with just a non-hysterical, non over-hyping, honest sales pitch. Ok the watches are slightly different, a few of the brands would be ok, but quite a few would most likely see a big drop in sales if IW suddenly gave them an honest sales pitch. ;):ROFLMAO:

Hey, just last night Mason was giving it the usual goddess treatment selling the LAB Photon thing, and how the goddess for years used the big well known cosmetic range beginning with a 'C', she used the Lab product and said it was a game changer. Which some might think well nothing strange in that, except we all know the goddess dumped the C brand many years ago in favour of Elizabeth Grant, of course he couldn't say it's a game changer from using EG as IW sell that. Deliberate deception and misrepresentation, something that is thought out, it doesn't happen unintentionally.

I also think it takes intentional planning for a company to be selling their products at three different outlets, Telly, E-bay & Amazon, and while claiming during TV shows their Telly prices are unbeatable and cheapest to be had they NEVER inform the viewers that some of these bargains can actually be had cheaper at their Ebay & Amazon store fronts. I'v shown EG examples in the past, last night POTD Vibrapower 3 could be had for a couple of pounds cheaper if you bought it through their Amazon Marketplace store instead of the IW telly. In fact do Ideal every advertise they sell on Ebay or Amazon Marketplace?

For me IW just mirrors the state of the Country and the downward spiral it's been on for years, if we can vote in incompetent fools like BJ & the Tories is it any wonder we have a successful popular selly telly channel that is thriving on lies, misinformation and con artistry, whilst honest retailers are going to the wall, left, right and centre.

As for their demographics, one of the latest from the flood of revues Trust Pilot is getting sums the stupidity of their viewers up perfectly.

"Ideal World.... Been a member for years!
In times of difficulty, the team are still fun, up beat and good company.
Keep going guys, lots of people regard you as friends"

Says it all really, friends?

Since when did friends lie, misinform or con you? :eek::confused::mad:
Mike doesn't say the other brand begins with C - he says it's French for sea - La Mer.
Not that it matters !!!!!!!!!!!
Mike quoted his partners reaction to the LAB thing....
'OMG -this is a game changer!'
I'm sure that she doesn't really speak in shopping telly cliches.
Why not .... wow , just wow
absolutely (pause) stunning
loving it
I bought it for my mum
this is genius
feels so expensive

Checkoutyerbaskets

Rob Locke
@roblockeontv

Feb 26

This brings to mind the opening lines of the titular poem by Henry Austin Dobson:

Fame is a food that dead men eat,-
I have no stomach for such meat.

In Rob's case, the stomach may have shrunk, but not so his ego.

Flicked on to TJC the other day and they were flogging Gamages watches with the owner/ceo whatever he is joining in remotely from wherever. The watch was £99.99 and VERY much looked like a £99.99 watch if not cheaper.

Gamages guy: This is a £600 watch! (cue a quick look at the Gamages website showing it for sale at £600.)
TJC presenter: And with a free pen worth £70!
Gamages guy: Yeah, to be serious for a sec, we can't keep on giving these prices so grab them while you can!

Emmm, strange that. You've been spouting the same sort of lines on TJC for ages, so when exactly are you planning to stop these 'ridiculous' prices and ramp them up by a few hundred i.e. to their (according to you) actual retail value? Are you going to start next week? Next month?

It gets tiresome to watch ...

This brings to mind the opening lines of the titular poem by Henry Austin Dobson:

Fame is a food that dead men eat,-
I have no stomach for such meat.

In Rob's case, the stomach may have shrunk, but not so his ego.
Like I've said before, it oozes from Rob that he wants to do proper acting stuff and leave selly telly behind. Nowt wrong with that. However given only a few in every 1000 wannabe actors actually make a true success of it as a career, the chances for him are becoming increasingly slim. If he's not broken through yet then ...

Flicked on to TJC the other day and they were flogging Gamages watches with the owner/ceo whatever he is joining in remotely from wherever. The watch was £99.99 and VERY much looked like a £99.99 watch if not cheaper.

Gamages guy: This is a £600 watch! (cue a quick look at the Gamages website showing it for sale at £600.)
TJC presenter: And with a free pen worth £70!
Gamages guy: Yeah, to be serious for a sec, we can't keep on giving these prices so grab them while you can!

Emmm, strange that. You've been spouting the same sort of lines on TJC for ages, so when exactly are you planning to stop these 'ridiculous' prices and ramp them up by a few hundred i.e. to their (according to you) actual retail value? Are you going to start next week? Next month?

It gets tiresome to watch ...

Was it daddy Fields? He's the one that's been on before on the TJC with Gamages.

Gamages is just a brand name like Swan & Edgar, but i'm guessing, as it's a bit hard to find company information on them, but would assume it's part of Fields Luxury Ltd as they are the same address in London as Swan & Edgar. And of course baby fields is the sole Director/shareholder.

A lot of watch brands on IW, with high rrps, seem to be stuck with introductory prices as well. ;):)

Latest posts

Back