Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Varney on the Hercules watch - "what's not to like?"

The size, the weight, it would be a great watch for bicep exercises though. 💪 :ROFLMAO:

It's just an Invicta wannabe.
As we've said before they know their market. If the main thing you equate to quality in an item is weight then I feel sorry for you. I have visions of a guy walking into a pub wearing a t-shirt that's too tight for him with unreasonably white veneered teeth and fake tan.

'EVERYONE SHUT UP, I'M HERE NOW! MY NEW WATCH WEIGHS 5kg's, I'M A REAL MAN WEARING A REAL WATCH!!! OH YEEEEEEAH!!!'

As we've said before they know their market. If the main thing you equate to quality in an item is weight then I feel sorry for you. I have visions of a guy walking into a pub wearing a t-shirt that's too tight for him with unreasonably white veneered teeth and fake tan.

'EVERYONE SHUT UP, I'M HERE NOW! MY NEW WATCH WEIGHS 5kg's, I'M A REAL MAN WEARING A REAL WATCH!!! OH YEEEEEEAH!!!'

Yeah for some strange reason IW and their customers seem to equate watch quality with weight and size, and very little of the quality is attributed to the movement, manufacturing process, watchmaking skills, etc etc.
In reality, size (big) and weight (heavy) matter very, very little in determining whether a watch is a quality made item or not.

Ok I'm not saying IW has the buying power of Dixons Carphone (owners of Currys) however that aside, plenty of tablets are in stock on the Currys website ... they seem to be managing even with 'the world at the moment.'

Look, I know there have been and continue to be some supply issues with various goods, however stop using it as some sort of excuse when in reality, many of the goods you say are scarce aren't.

Just another scare tactic, give the viewer the impression that there is supply issues with everything, caused by Covid/Brexit and they are still on going causing massive problems, even though most of the supply issues have been sorted since the initial problems.
It's just to make the viewer think, better buy now as we don't know when or if they will be back.

It's a bit like the tactic from the other day, of we can't get this brand (waterless wax) anymore so stock up, yet as we said, another brand with the same product is just around the corner.

Yeah for some strange reason IW and their customers seem to equate watch quality with weight and size, and very little of the quality is attributed to the movement, manufacturing process, watchmaking skills, etc etc.
In reality, size (big) and weight (heavy) matter very, very little in determining whether a watch is a quality made item or not.
Next they'll have a digital scale on set to weigh the watches and show their weight live!!! I can hear Peter S now ...

'And there you see it, conclusive proof this watch is 285 grams, what are you waiting for, BUY IT NOW and remember to include the weight when you insure it!!'

My Titanium 1000 Elite must be crap then as it weighs next to nowt:ROFLMAO:

My Titanium 1000 Elite must be crap then as it weighs next to nowt:ROFLMAO:

Plus it's only 42mm, must be 45mm or above to be classed as top quality.;):ROFLMAO:

It's Kev "King of Watches" Reynolds tonight, he must be the only guest on IW that actually has good quality watches to sell, ok Vostok Europe, Mathey-Tissot, Aviator, Sturmanskie, Traser etc aren't everybody's style, but only looking at quality of the watches, ie case finishing, movement, quality control etc, and above all HONESTY of the brand, they really are well above all the other Chinese made watches from all these brands with made up stories, history & heritage that IW are peddling. It's also a shame as there are a lot of good quality watches coming out of China these days.

I was going to mention it seems there's a change of schedule with VE on tonight. Bleep machine might be on overtime methinks, but as you say, the watches aren't too bad:cool:

It's also a shame as there are a lot of good quality watches coming out of China these days.
Very true, wearing one today.😉 Even has a nicely finished Seagull movement unlike the rough Swan & Edgars, supposedly to catch the micro particles or whatever he whittles on about.🤣😂 Put it on one of those expensive milanese straps, that if I remember rightly didn't cost a lot even fitted with a proper deployment clasp lol.🤔

20210307_185946.jpg

Very true, wearing one today.😉 Even has a nicely finished Seagull movement unlike the rough Swan & Edgars, supposedly to catch the micro particles or whatever he whittles on about.🤣😂 Put it on one of those expensive milanese straps, that if I remember rightly didn't cost a lot even fitted with a proper deployment clasp lol.🤔

View attachment 20623

I've quite a few from Ali, Corgeut, Parnis, Reef Tiger & Starking, mostly for fun, but quality is surprisingly good, but favourite Chinese watches I have, has to be couple of Sea-Gulls.

Tianjin 1963 Chinese Airforce watch (Cal: Sea-Gull ST19)
Tianjin  1963 Chinese Airforce watch Cal ST19 (4a)1.jpg

Sea-gull “Dong Feng” (Cal: Sea-Gull ST2130)
1615145696851.jpeg

Yes, must get a 1963. Only picked up the Red Star, as it was, compared to my collection of black dialed tool watches different and quirky😎 Real chrono with moon phase. No dodgy sub dials here😁 A nice thing really for what it cost!
Quite like the 1963 but at 38mm it's too small for my liking

Peter's either been on the drink or he's on drugs - "over the years, I can HONESTLY say this, they're on a par, and I know many people & revuers have said they'd go even further, but they are on a par with the greatest Swiss watchmakers." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Really, if any of the greatest Swiss watchmakers were using movements like the Seiko NH35s or Citizen 6S21 in their watches, they wouldn't be classed as greatest anymore.

Latest posts

Back