Julia and Donna Nooooo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
On the Atitudes by Renee fashion show this afternoon they both have a top on that's far too small for either of them. Julia is all lumps and bumps in it and Donna's is not much better either, how this would encourage anybody to buy it I don't know.

On the Atitudes by Renee fashion show this afternoon they both have a top on that's far too small for either of them. Julia is all lumps and bumps in it and Donna's is not much better either, how this would encourage anybody to buy it I don't know.
I like Donna Coulling, she's one of the better brand ambassadors, imo. She is relatable because she isn't svelte... I must take a look.

I've had two cups of tea while plodding through their hour & heard both say that they were in medium with a bust of 37 inches, the large is 2 inches bigger & would have looked better on both. JR was constantly pulling at her hem so must have been aware that it wasn't a good fit. I know they have to accommodate a mic pac but that wouldn't have given them so much back fat - no apologies for honesty.

I've just googled Donna, just so that I was 100% sure of who we were talking about and apparently she's a PA to Helena Bonham Carter, Rachel Weisz, Sir Derek Jacobi, Samuel West and Harland Miller. Wow, I certainly didn't expect that when I started typing her name

I've had two cups of tea while plodding through their hour & heard both say that they were in medium with a bust of 37 inches, the large is 2 inches bigger & would have looked better on both. JR was constantly pulling at her hem so must have been aware that it wasn't a good fit. I know they have to accommodate a mic pac but that wouldn't have given them so much back fat - no apologies for honesty.
In true JR style a size too small. She is always predictable. The Kim & Co jumpsuit doesn't look much better either. He hair looks nicer than I've seen for ages today 😜

They should take a leaf out of this lady`s book. Aged 82 and always attended Baptist Church every Sunday so during lockdown and 12 months of online services she got dressed in her best clothes and hat, put on her makeup and jewellery and said she didn`t want to be slouching around. Some of her hats are mind boggling but fair power to her for keeping up her standards.

They should take a leaf out of this lady`s book. Aged 82 and always attended Baptist Church every Sunday so during lockdown and 12 months of online services she got dressed in her best clothes and hat, put on her makeup and jewellery and said she didn`t want to be slouching around. Some of her hats are mind boggling but fair power to her for keeping up her standards.
I bet she cheers up everyone who meets her, too. It is very heartening to be around people who want to put their best foot forward...some Q presenters could take a leaf out of her book...

I've never seen that Donna look decent in anything.

Maybe its me, but in my day, if you were any sort of PA or secretary, then looking smart and put together was a big part of the job, and if you were working on the Executive floor, then boy you had to up your game ! (but then, I'm talking of the days when Air Hostesses (stewardesses) were akin to looking like models - and I mean how models looked in the 60's not these days !!!! )

So how this Donna with her bird nest hair, dreadful dress style - sleeves too long, ever got a job working for the likes of Derek Jacobi and Rachel Weisz is beyond me.

I wonder if she's related to Anttony !!!

I think the fact that it costs £55 would put any sensible person off.

Nice and natural lady, I agree. But I also agree with Brissles about PAs back in the day when they would have passed for senior executives, not that there were many female ones then. Times they have changed.

Being bored one day (which has been often this past 12 months), I pretended I had a spare £400,000 to spend on a property - but in America. Wow ! what a revelation ! This is a recent one in Connecticut for £326,000! and if you go on street view the other properties are all a bit wow ! too.

Sadly in this country our architects are constrained by budgets and land, but even so they never come up with the kind of design where you could actually sit on a raised covered wrap-around porch and watch the world go by - even if its raining. I'd love to do that, and just imagine how much friendlier we would all be, just passing the time of day with someone having a cuppa on their front porch in a rocking chair.

Last edited:
One of my bugbears about new builds in particular, is the way they are assuming Doll's house proprtions. I have only once lived in a newer (1980s) home, and I have visited friends in much newer places and I feel like Gulliver in Lilliput!
Bedrooms with barely enough space for a bed. Sitting rooms that fit a 2 seater sofa. No built in storage. No wonder minimalism is so trendy! People get sucked in by the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, but how usable is the space?
In continental Europe everything is advertised based on how many metres squared a home has...and some are as space-strapped as we are.
In many other countries people are not sold housing with such mean proportions that you struggle to fit basic furniture in.
I know this is a first world problem, but it can be such a rip-off and these matchbox size homes don't come cheap.

Latest posts

Back