Brands we’ve lost that America still has

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We have a large extended family and I find it sad when people say they are estranged from close family members. Our tribe mostly live in the immediate area to us and although our daughters all have a key to our house they would not come in if we are not there without asking first.

One of my sisters has barely spoken to me for 30 years, she was cheating on her husband and wanted me to lie to him the she was with me when she was with the husband of her best friend.

I refuse, I told her that I wouldn't tell him what she was doing, that was up to her but I certainly wouldn't lie for her...eventually he found out anyway, he forgave her and they're still together but all this time later she hardly speaks to me.

One of my sisters has barely spoken to me for 30 years, she was cheating on her husband and wanted me to lie to him the she was with me when she was with the husband of her best friend.

I refuse, I told her that I wouldn't tell him what she was doing, that was up to her but I certainly wouldn't lie for her...eventually he found out anyway, he forgave her and they're still together but all this time later she hardly speaks to me.
Good grief, a double deception. Did her friend forgive her?

When my granny died it was war between my mum and aunt over who got what. The most stupid piece of furniture the U.N needed to be called in to sort it out.

Just before my granny died a relative in Glasgow died and left some Victorian gold jewellery which her sister claimed all of. My mum and aunt thought my granny's share should have come to them, but that never happened. My great aunt died two years later and all the jewellery had just disappeared. The only time my grandad or granny's side of the family got together was at weddings and funerals otherwise apart from my granny and her sister who lived across the street from each other no one bothered with each other.

My dad was from Dover and met my mum during WWII when he came over to N.I. So my mum moved over to Kent hated his family and just came back to her own family. She refused to have anything to do with his family after that. As a child I did not even know my dad had family.

We have a large extended family and I find it sad when people say they are estranged from close family members. Our tribe mostly live in the immediate area to us and although our daughters all have a key to our house they would not come in if we are not there without asking first.
Indeed. It would be incredibly rude to just come in. Why would someone do that?

It’s not jewellery, but apparently QVC are no longer doing H. Forman. Maybe the prices were too high?
Oh dear,they were always raving about the fishcakes! I quite fancied the cheesecake,very expensive though 👎The guy who originally presented it lost alot of weight & looked quite ill...hope he's ok?

A brand that I do miss but don’t know if it’s still on qvc USA is Birkenstock. I bought a few pairs as TSVs and would buy again but they seem to have disappeared from qvc 🥺

Every so often for years after they left people on the QVC Facebook asked when Birkenstocks would be back?

And now because of the lockdowns Birkenstock sales have gone through the floor. According to the papers just want comfort when working from home.

A brand that I do miss but don’t know if it’s still on qvc USA is Birkenstock. I bought a few pairs as TSVs and would buy again but they seem to have disappeared from qvc 🥺
I love Birkenstocks, I know they're a Marmite product but I'm loyal to them. I buy mine directly from the company & get great service. The brand ambassador was excellent & I knew spring was on its way when the first Birkenstocks hour was shown.

I love Birkenstocks, I know they're a Marmite product but I'm loyal to them. I buy mine directly from the company & get great service. The brand ambassador was excellent & I knew spring was on its way when the first Birkenstocks hour was shown.
Nowadays you have to be careful buying from Birkenstock sellers in Germany and elsewhere in the EU as you may end up being liable for the import costs, although I think the duty is possibly free again.

The companies can do it, so everything is paid at checkout, and you have nothing extra to pay.

My cat tree I bought from Amazon came from a company in Germany, yes I did contact and ask questions before buying nothing extra to pay.

I have a many of Birkenstock clogs, they are leather and bought from eBay years ago. I still wear them around the flat even though the soles are worn down to the cork. There is another company who do sandals and clogs very similar to Birkenstock Oxygen is the name. I have a pair of clogs from them.

It took me years to get into Birkenstocks and the first pair I bought was in Germany in a little shoe shop where the boxes were stacked up on shelves and the lady was up and down a ladder determined to find me a pair.Now I wear them all the time around the house in winter with socks instead of slippers.I once had a foot infection and the Chiropodist told me not to wear fluffy slippers.I bought a few pairs from QVC as there was a wide choice, miss that now.

If you were into Birkenstocks Q did have a fantastic range of colours and Nicki was a really good BA.

I have a couple of pairs but TBH here we never are sure enough of the weather to chance going out without comming back with a sodden mess and my work wouldn’t allow them so they usually go unworn year by year. However I live in the EVA flip flops summer and winter at home.

Latest posts

Back