The Sun

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see her Sheepwash empire is still up for sale. Price seems high for what’s on offer (5 bedrooms) but maybe it’s the going rate in that part of the country?

I have a friend who volunteers week in week out for a local charity.

The Charity was established in September 2010 to provide mental health and wellbeing support for the HM Armed Forces Community, veterans and their families.

Throughout the pandemic he has visited their clients making sure they are ok and to have a natter and sort out any issues.

He is a cancer survivor and is now being a guinea pig taking part in a trial for a new Covid vaccine and he has trained to do Covid testing at the charity head quarters.

I've never seen him take a selfie, or seek personal recognition.

Boffy - she is very pretty in real life and petite

I agree she has attractive features. If they weren't attractive, none of them would have been chosen to front a selly telly programme. But only people who are confident and think they look good will put themselves forward for this line of work in the first place. No matter how self-deprecating they may be, this is what is at the back of it.

After years of gushing comments, photos & whole posts about her dogs she Markled her remaining one, a matter of weeks after the dog's sister had died. To me that says everything about this individual.

After years of gushing comments, photos & whole posts about her dogs she Markled her remaining one, a matter of weeks after the dog's sister had died. To me that says everything about this individual.
When I think about that it leaves me cold. She’d moved on from her country lady with Labradors phase and now wanted a flat near her mum. This plan didn’t allow for dogs so she was fostered out and as you say a few weeks after her sister has died. What does it tell me about DF? Cold, calculating, self server. Those who like her are welcome to her.

So she got her minute of fame on the television advert but who actually cares? She and her family got a big mention in the article but anyone who doesn’t know her from shopping telly wouldn’t have any interest. I read the article but I can’t remember who the other people mentioned were. It’s in one ear and out of the other or whatever the equivalent is for eyes. Lots of people who don’t watch shopping telly think it’s a bit of a joke, probably lots who do watch think the same, so I can’t imagine many being massively impressed that she appears on QVC.

If I dislike someone I ignore them and pay no attention to them. I don't actually mind DF and I can think of a lot worse on there so I switch them off..

If I dislike someone I ignore them and pay no attention to them. I don't actually mind DF and I can think of a lot worse on there so I switch them off..

Oh believe me I pay her no attention at all and like many, as soon as I see her turn over, sort of defeats the object though if it’s something QVC want people to buy. I think DF is the worse for hard sell, telling everyone to “get yours now!!!!!” they’ll be gone in morning repeat (a tactic they all use) which of course they never are, and some of the cases she’s used as to why you should buy an item are shameless. But, each to their own, I don’t like her or her selfish qualities but that’s just me.

QVC is about presenting products for us to buy. It is not the presenters show. If the presenter causes us to switch off then that defeats the object of QVC.
Yes and no, 'cause for every person who would switch off or switch channels, there's probably about 3 who will stay tuned because it's a familiar face in a lonely world, and that they're actually interested in hearing all the self promoting and irrelevant banter - and these people will buy and they'll phone in and send texts to talk about what they've bought, and if their name gets mentioned it'll further reinforce the "friendship" aspect. QVC know exactly what they're doing, it works for them, so it's extremely unlikely to change.

Yes and no, 'cause for every person who would switch off or switch channels, there's probably about 3 who will stay tuned because it's a familiar face in a lonely world, and that they're actually interested in hearing all the self promoting and irrelevant banter - and these people will buy and they'll phone in and send texts to talk about what they've bought, and if their name gets mentioned it'll further reinforce the "friendship" aspect. QVC know exactly what they're doing, it works for them, so it's extremely unlikely to change.
I fear you might be right. Do you really think it’s 3:1? That alarms me.

I fear you might be right. Do you really think it’s 3:1? That alarms me.
Lord knows, this was just a number I plucked out of the air - but it wouldn't surprise me. With these lockdowns they'll probably be getting even more "takers" from the many people who've found themselves lonely due to circumstance.

To be honest I think the QVC viewers are declining rapidly, it’s not like the old days when you had to watch the presentation because the website is open 24/7 and you can shop anytime. Saying that, QVC rely on people watching because of the powers of suggestion, in other words if you didn’t see it on the telly, it probably wouldn’t even enter your head to buy it. As it happens, I do neither watch or shop.

Like you shopper I suspect that their viewing figures are declining. The poor selection of presenters can’t help. It all started to go wrong when someone decided it would be a good idea to get Presenters to embrace social media. Some were reluctant at first but they finally made the move. Big Mistake. At that point they began to believe they were interesting and possibly even celebrities. Julia Roberts became like a pantomime act, gurning, arms waving, flicking of hair, fake laughter. Debbie Flint became even fuller of herself and publicity hungry vlogging and blogging like crazy. Most of the others followed their example and so the decline accelerated. That’s how I see it. The presenters can’t see that they are ensuring the beginning of the end. They would do well to watch the Create and Craft presenters at work. They present the product in a professional manner, engage with the guest, talk about the product and the demonstrations. It’s never about them and they never give the impression that it’s their show.

Last edited:
Pre web shite it was instant purchases as they sold out (proper sold out not hype sold out) quickly and you had to sit on Qcut to make your order. Now you look and look again, put it in your basket, leave it, put it in again and finally lose interest and decide it’s either a load of crap, not worth it or just plain old common sense kicks in. I think this has reduced many possible orders as there is plenty of time to think it over and look elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back