T&M TSV 3.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 99
  • T&M TSV 4.jpg
    T&M TSV 4.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 107
  • T&M TSV 5.jpg
    T&M TSV 5.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 111
I recently got dahlias from IW and I've nowhere to put half of them so gave them away. Won't be going for these but I WILL be putting my feet up, getting some cider and snacks in and making a day of it while planting up a few things from the greenhouse. It'll be like the old times when they used to have the craft days AND I USED TO TAKE A DAY OFF WORK!!!

CC

If I watch this I will buy them. But what else is there to do on a Bank Holiday where the forecast says wintry showers. It will be too cold to go in the garden, so unless there is a multitude of new brilliant films on the box that I am desperate to see, I guess I will watch Q and buy these things that I just don't need. Then the husband may well plant me in the garden. 🤣

Thompson & Morgan 6x 9cm Dahlia Maggiore Collection
Item Number: 717600
QVC Price £30.00
Todays Special Value Price £19.98
P&P £4.95

This superb plant collection from Thompson & Morgan features an array of six beautiful Dahlia Maggiore varieties each selected for their bold colours, striking blooms and garden performance. This is the perfect collection for filling gaps in perennial borders around your garden or adding a colourful splash to your indoor flower displays.

*A great saving: If you were to buy this collection directly from Thompson & Morgan you’d pay £39.99, plus P&P. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £19.98, plus P&P, you’re saving £20.05.

Delivered directly from Thompson & Morgan - please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery to UK only (excluding Northern Ireland).

What's in the collection? There are four favourites with a mix of pink, red and yellow, pink and cream and purple and red flowers. There are also two brand new-to-QVC varieties - Chocolate Yellow with bright yellow blooms and dark foliage, along with Fun Pastel featuring white blooms with hints of pale yellow and purple.

Garden-ready blooms - delivered between mid-April and early May, each of the Dahlia plants in this collection have been grown on into 9cm (3.5") pots so are ready to create an instant, dramatic display in your garden borders or containers. They are robust, free-flowering varieties that will add drama to beds, borders or patio containers so you can even plan where they're going to go before they arrive.

Inside and out - cut flower gardeners will appreciate the tall sturdy stems and repeat flowering ability of these easy-to-grow dahlia plants. Don’t forget, Dahlias bloom continuously throughout the summer and the more you cut them, the more they will re-bloom.

• Wildlife attracted: butterflies
  • Flowering period: July - October
  • Plant position: full sun
  • Soil type: rich, fertile, well-drained soil
  • Mature size (h x w): 70cm x 30cm (27.6" x 11.8")

Contains:

• 1 x NEW Dahlia Maggiore Chocolate Yellow (in 9cm pots) - with yellow flowers and dark foliage
  • 1 x NEW Dahlia Maggiore Fun Pastel (in 9cm pots) - with stunning whites blooms with hints of pastel yellow and purple
  • 1 x Dahlia Maggiore Deep Rose (in 9cm pots) - with striking pink flowers
  • 1 x Dahlia Maggiore Fun Fire (in 9cm pots) - with red and yellow petals
  • 1 x Dahlia Maggiore Fun Rose Bicolour (in 9cm pots) - with pretty pink and cream blooms
  • 1 x Dahlia Maggiore Purple (in 9cm pots) - with beautiful purple and red petals

Cultural instructions:

• Feed and water dahlias regularly throughout the growing season
  • While dahlia plants are still young, pinch out the growing tip of each stem to encourage bushier growth and masses of flowers
  • Deadhead faded dahlia flowers to encourage more blooms to be produced

All measurements are approximate

Why oh why will QVC not do capped postage on an Event Day? Some of Tompson and Morgan's postage is £5.95 for one single item. Why not just charge £6.99 or something for your total order and that would surely encourage people to buy more than one thing. I think I'll just be watching and not buying.

CC

If I watch this I will buy them. But what else is there to do on a Bank Holiday where the forecast says wintry showers. It will be too cold to go in the garden, so unless there is a multitude of new brilliant films on the box that I am desperate to see, I guess I will watch Q and buy these things that I just don't need. Then the husband may well plant me in the garden. 🤣
Pssst Catz if you have Netflix try watching Velvet - you'll be hooked after the first episode. Best love story EVER !

Pssst Catz if you have Netflix try watching Velvet - you'll be hooked after the first episode. Best love story EVER !
Thank you Brissles, will have a shufties. I like something new to watch. Watching Carry on films at the moment. I know........ I know........... seen them all a squillion times, but then am settling down to watch the hobbit, Battle of the 5 Armies. Yep seen it all before but I like LOFTR and The Hobbit. Got the extended versions on DVD and some of the bits cut out of the films were fantastic and to my mind some of them essential to the movies.

Have bought nothing today at all. Am pleased with myself, as it was touch and go for a while, which is why I'm going to avoid the rest and put a DVD on. :LOL:

Qvc plants are way over priced anyway then adding £5 postage on top of each order is an insult. But people are still buying so QVC won't change a thing

Cc this is the first year I’ve gone down the seeds route (one packet last year) and like yourself the house is coming down with them - I didnt fully realise just how much room they would take up once I started to pot them on.

Cc this is the first year I’ve gone down the seeds route (one packet last year) and like yourself the house is coming down with them - I didnt fully realise just how much room they would take up once I started to pot them on.
Another reason I no longer get sucked in with the 120 plug plants for £10 kind of deal. You need 120 pots and you need a lot of room to put the pots out and then you need a good lawyer for your imminent divorce when your husband throws 1000 fits because every surface is covered in tiny plants.

CC

Another reason I no longer get sucked in with the 120 plug plants for £10 kind of deal. You need 120 pots and you need a lot of room to put the pots out and then you need a good lawyer for your imminent divorce when your husband throws 1000 fits because every surface is covered in tiny plants.

CC
if I ever get suckered into buying mini plants then I use the black large trays overfilled with compost. You can put 30 upwards seedlings in them. By the time they had filled the trays then you can put out in their final arrangements. Saves a lot of space. Using a good compost and plenty of it and watering from underneath.

Asda used to sell those trays for £1 each with 20 little pots in but I still needed a lot. The "plug plants" were seedlings really and you had to know what you were doing to grow them on. A lot of them died so they weren't such good value after all. I now like to buy bigger plants that just need a few weeks potting on or can go straight out. I have far more success. I also have more success growing veg from seed than I do flowers.

CC

Latest posts

Back