£60 for a Marley Wynne Scarf ????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Had a look at the clip and that is way overpriced for what it is, the postage should be the item cost.I love my scarves and still have some Liberty from way back, but there we are talking about a much superior quality and print than the much hyped MW.Doesn’t the Flint look awful in that mustard poncho thing she is wearing? You want to look short and fat? This is the way to go.

Had a look at the clip and that is way overpriced for what it is, the postage should be the item cost.I love my scarves and still have some Liberty from way back, but there we are talking about a much superior quality and print than the much hyped MW.Doesn’t the Flint look awful in that mustard poncho thing she is wearing? You want to look short and fat? This is the way to go.
Does not even say what the fabric composition is. looks like a dish towel. Debbie Flint looks like a ship in full sail with the silly poncho

£60 for a couple of metres of polyester they're avin a larfe, definitely the tat you would see peddled out of the back of an orange Reliant Robin, 'they're sellin' the same in same an in 'arrods for 500 nicker' no wonder it's our very own Del Boy presenting.

Quite often I find silk scarves with hand rolled hems in charity shops usually priced at £1.00 and if I'm lucky it will be a vintage designer.

That has actually made me quite angry!!!! How ****** dare they charge that sort of money for a bit of paper thin polyester!!! "Marla Wynne is a premium brand" - NO, it ****** isn't - the only thing premium about the brand is the prices. It's bad enough seeing the endless tacked together squares masquerading as garments, the weird hybrid coats cum horse blankets - but this isn't even pretending - Its a sheet of extremely thin fabric, polyester fabric - I'd be expecting silk for that price.
ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL charging £63 for something that's not even fit to wipe my ar$e on!

Well said Merryone! Unfortunately so many are sucked in by the Marla hype, Melissa talks as though she is some fashion creative god and the ‘Thankyou Marla’ groupies make you sick.It is not a question of different taste but one of blatant daylight robbery.

We used to have a silk factory a few miles from us that we visited when the Twirlettes were younger. You could follow the history of silk and the premises that we were visiting. Of course we ended up in the shop where Mr Twirl bought a lovely silk tie and handkerchief and youngest Twirlette had a purple silk scarf purely because purple was/is her favourite colour. I know that we were buying direct so cutting out the middle man but the prices were nowhere near what they are charging for a not very nice scrap of polyester.
Is it a silk factory? I am thinking that it is probably a mill.

We used to have a silk factory a few miles from us that we visited when the Twirlettes were younger. You could follow the history of silk and the premises that we were visiting. Of course we ended up in the shop where Mr Twirl bought a lovely silk tie and handkerchief and youngest Twirlette had a purple silk scarf purely because purple was/is her favourite colour. I know that we were buying direct so cutting out the middle man but the prices were nowhere near what they are charging for a not very nice scrap of polyester.
Is it a silk factory? I am thinking that it is probably a mill.
Twirlette ❤️

That has actually made me quite angry!!!! How ****** dare they charge that sort of money for a bit of paper thin polyester!!! "Marla Wynne is a premium brand" - NO, it ****** isn't - the only thing premium about the brand is the prices. It's bad enough seeing the endless tacked together squares masquerading as garments, the weird hybrid coats cum horse blankets - but this isn't even pretending - Its a sheet of extremely thin fabric, polyester fabric - I'd be expecting silk for that price.
ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL charging £63 for something that's not even fit to wipe my ar$e on!
Questionable value and convenience in one small bundle.

wasn't it hysterical when DF remarked on the delicacy of the fringing? QVC are taking liberties

They're taking something else apart from liberties.

I get laryngitis at the drop of a hat and could open a scarf shop. I love my scarves from Asda and Matalan, pay no more than £8 and they are soft.
I have loads of the large glittery scarves that the Muslim ladies wear from ebay. Only a couple of quid each and so many different colours! In fact I have "gifted" then to both Twirlettes as well. Youngest one has to visit struggling families, before covid of course, and uses them as face coverings because some of the houses are not so sweet smelling. 🤢

Debbie Flint very rarely gets the look right. She wears new footware for almost every appearance and layers on the clothes however bad she looks. She has figured out that she can take home everything she wears . She is such a greedy, calculating individual. She once posted photographs of her clothes when she was having a clear out at her country house. There were rails and rails of QVC clothes. Honestly, there were so many. There is a problem there. I think she is a hoarder and it’s all made much worse because she has constant access to hundreds of pounds worth of freebies.

Let's face it, we've all paid too much for something in the past, bought into a name because we've wanted to give ourselves a special treat, and a little lift. I'm going to generalise here most of us (those who don't have more money than they know what to do with) will pick something that tells the story visually - Eg, an iconic design like Liberty, Louis Vuitton, Laboutin or Tiffany. If you're not that bothered about having the real Mccoy, there are plenty of good fakes out there and plenty of lookalikes for a fraction of the price - usually regular high street prices.
Marla Wynne is not a "name" by any stretch of the imagination and from what I've seen it's below the standard of quality that one would expect from a midrange high street store in the uk, I'd actually go as far as to say that the some of the budget stores offer better quality of merchandise. So why would anyone throw their money away on something like this unremarkable scarf? I actually don't dislike it, in fact I quite like it but I wouldn't be prepared to pay more than £15 for it.
If I've paid over the odds for something, it needs to be obvious if that makes sense. So far, this scarf has got to be the biggest rip off I've seen so far on QVC

Latest posts

Back