L'Occitane TSV 17/4/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Boffy, if you can bear to open it, could you do a sniff test on the hand wash and let me know if it is closer to the almond shower oil or the previous marzipan version. Thank you.
😍😍😍
I have ordered it today but when it comes I will tell you what I think. But as Sazza has said Alexis did say that it smells like the Almond body range not the "sweet almond" that is traditionally the hndwash scent. But I did see in the description that the Body and hand was was sweet Almond. I think that's a mistake: Hopefully lol x

The bottle on the website pic says Delicious Almond but the written description says sweet almond. I think thats a mistake in the description x

I’m not buying this TSV.

I’ve tried the almond range before and quite liked it, BUT the almond oil made the bath really slippy which was not ideal when I’d just had a total knee replacement. I had to drain the water out and put a bath towel in the bath in order to get enough grip so I could get out. 😳

Very sensible, Toril!

I took in yet another order of wine last night to add to the stash. I looked up and there was Nanny McPhee to tell me that the last thing this flat needs is another delivery of shower products. So I must just buy the components I need, which would be none!!! I hope my resolve stays firm....

:)Very sensible, Toril!

I took in yet another order of wine last night to add to the stash. I looked up and there was Nanny McPhee to tell me that the last thing this flat needs is another delivery of shower products. So I must just buy the components I need, which would be none!!! I hope my resolve stays firm....
I have not had a alcoholic drink for 102 days after a messy Chistmas and New Year.......sober me saving shed loads of money and no unexpected deliveries turning up:)
Tempted by this set though x

I have not had a alcoholic drink for 102 days after a messy Chistmas and New Year.......sober me saving shed loads of money and no unexpected deliveries turning up:)
Tempted by this set though x

Congratulations, Miss Molly. I was known to order the odd item when Mr AE was nights and I'd had a wee drink (or three!). He'd always tell me he was expecting a Q delivery after receiving a few, erm, suspect texts from me at 2am 😂

I've recently given up all alcohol (I rarely drink since he's no longer working anyway) as I've been having weird pain under my ribs on the right. He says it's gall bladder but I suspect pancreatitis.

Anyone here suffer with their pancreas?

Congratulations, Miss Molly. I was known to order the odd item when Mr AE was nights and I'd had a wee drink (or three!). He'd always tell me he was expecting a Q delivery after receiving a few, erm, suspect texts from me at 2am 😂

I've recently given up all alcohol (I rarely drink since he's no longer working anyway) as I've been having weird pain under my ribs on the right. He says it's gall bladder but I suspect pancreatitis.

Thank you AE it's a big deal for me because I have drunk since I was 14. Not to excess but always loved a drink.
Not had pancreas trouble but I was getting heart palpitations after a few glasses of wine after my hysterectomy which was a strange side effect. It was like my body could not tolerate it any more (alcohol) so I gave up.

Thank you AE it's a big deal for me because I have drunk since I was 14. Not to excess but always loved a drink.
Not had pancreas trouble but I was getting heart palpitations after a few glasses of wine after my hysterectomy which was a strange side effect. It was like my body could not tolerate it any more (alcohol) so I gave up.

Mr AE was getting palpitations and tiredness. He was also refused when he went to donate blood. Turns out it was a B12 deficiency triggered by his use of omeprazole. He's been on it for years yet no GP has ever warned him of this common side-effect. Getting older can help hasten it if you're prone, too.

I wonder if your stores are low? Did you suffer from heavy periods if you don't mind me asking? I've not had a hysterectomy (though my old GP was adamant I should have), yet suffered heavy, painful periods for years (now back with a vengeance some months thanks to HRT). I've been anaemic since my teens and refused blood donations many times. My ferritin stores were almost completely depleted so I assume my B12 is, too, but the GP won't test as I have TM so they put nerve symptoms down to that.

As I've got older I was less able to tolerate alcohol. I did start a swap jar where I put a fiver in every time I came home without a bottle of wine. I made quite a bit over a year - it's quite shocking when you see the cash laid out in front of you.

Pain on the right side is more likely to be gallbladder or liver related rather than something to do with the pancreas. Please, please get it checked asap. As for giving up booze, In 1997 I decided not to drink during January & added February 6 years later. I finished my vanilla vodka at the end of March & didn't know what to have instead so I going without this month as well. Saving money & calories.

Gallbladder can cause issues with pancreas

Boffy, if you can bear to open it, could you do a sniff test on the hand wash and let me know if it is closer to the almond shower oil or the previous marzipan version. Thank you.
😍😍😍
Alexis has said on FB that the liquid soap smells like the delicious almond hand cream.
Alexis has confirmed it smells like the almond oil and hand cream, it is not sweet almond.

Mr AE was getting palpitations and tiredness. He was also refused when he went to donate blood. Turns out it was a B12 deficiency triggered by his use of omeprazole. He's been on it for years yet no GP has ever warned him of this common side-effect. Getting older can help hasten it if you're prone, too.

I wonder if your stores are low? Did you suffer from heavy periods if you don't mind me asking? I've not had a hysterectomy (though my old GP was adamant I should have), yet suffered heavy, painful periods for years (now back with a vengeance some months thanks to HRT). I've been anaemic since my teens and refused blood donations many times. My ferritin stores were almost completely depleted so I assume my B12 is, too, but the GP won't test as I have TM so they put nerve symptoms down to that.

As I've got older I was less able to tolerate alcohol. I did start a swap jar where I put a fiver in every time I came home without a bottle of wine. I made quite a bit over a year - it's quite shocking when you see the cash laid out in front

As I've got older I was less able to tolerate alcohol. I did start a swap jar where I put a fiver in every time I came home without a bottle of wine. I made quite a bit over a year - it's quite shocking when you see the cash laid out in front of you.
Very heavy periods, fibroids,polyps,pcos you name it I have had it. Best thing I have ever done, should of had the OP years ago.
I had Omeprazole prescribed but I keep forgetting to take it. Had blood tests done and I was low on Vit D and high cholesterol. The joys of getting older.

Pain on the right side is more likely to be gallbladder or liver related rather than something to do with the pancreas. Please, please get it checked asap. As for giving up booze, In 1997 I decided not to drink during January & added February 6 years later. I finished my vanilla vodka at the end of March & didn't know what to have instead so I going without this month as well. Saving money & calories.
Well done 6 year wow X

I’ve not had any alcohol in any form (drink, in trifle, in chocolate liqueurs etc,) since May 1985. I used to only have one drink at Christmas (usually a snowball) and the occasional glass of wine if we went out, but because I never liked the taste of alcohol I decided it was a waste of time even bothering.

(And I’m bad enough sober, never mind inebriated 😉)

Damn! I meant left.

I know I should go as I've also been having a few problems swallowing but I know I'm only going to get palmed off with the 'it's your TM' and I really don't have the energy to fight right now.

Very heavy periods, fibroids,polyps,pcos you name it I have had it. Best thing I have ever done, should of had the OP years ago.
I had Omeprazole prescribed but I keep forgetting to take it. Had blood tests done and I was low on Vit D and high cholesterol. The joys of getting older.

Well done 6 year wow X

Maybe you should ask for a B12 test.

When I turned up with neurological symptoms the GPs were adamant it was B12 deficiency because of my history of anaemia. They never offered me a test. I was tested when I finally went private to see a neuro and it wasn't technically a B12 deficiency though I was borderline. I was very low on D and given a prescription for it and have taken supplements ever since.

Do you ever get tingling or maybe a sunburn feeling? Mr AE gets that sunburn feeling every now and then. When he gets that he takes the BetterYou spray as it gets into the system better than normal supplements. The Solgar Methylcobalamin nuggets are effective, too. The sunburn goes within a few days.

The joys of getting older indeed. It's definitely NOT for wimps.

Damn! I meant left.

I know I should go as I've also been having a few problems swallowing but I know I'm only going to get palmed off with the 'it's your TM' and I really don't have the energy to fight right now.

Maybe you should ask for a B12 test.

When I turned up with neurological symptoms the GPs were adamant it was B12 deficiency because of my history of anaemia. They never offered me a test. I was tested when I finally went private to see a neuro and it wasn't technically a B12 deficiency though I was borderline. I was very low on D and given a prescription for it and have taken supplements ever since.

Do you ever get tingling or maybe a sunburn feeling? Mr AE gets that sunburn feeling every now and then. When he gets that he takes the BetterYou spray as it gets into the system better than normal supplements. The Solgar Methylcobalamin nuggets are effective, too. The sunburn goes within a few days.

The joys of getting older indeed. It's definitely NOT for wimps.
No but do get a burning sensation in mouth really weird but it is a thing. Will look into B12 thanks x

No but do get a burning sensation in mouth really weird but it is a thing. Will look into B12 thanks x

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-b12-deficiency-symptoms#TOC_TITLE_HDR_11

Number 5 mentions burning sensation in the mouth, though they're all interesting and can explain many symptoms that B12 deficient or anaemics have.

This one's a bit of a read but the link between low B12 levels and high homocysteine is important... unless you ask my GP who has never heard of it :rolleyes:

My mum had very high levels of homocysteine and went on to have a heart attack so I try to keep on top of my B vitamins (though my diet isn't as good as I'd like it to be).

Hope I'm not nagging too much. Apparently, I'd win gold it was an Olympic sport.

Latest posts

Back