Why do we watch and discuss QVC when IW is better?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like the clothes, not all obviously but most, my latest purchase were these. https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/mudflower-soft-touch-swing-top-with-necklace-730981?query=fh_view_size=24&fh_location=%2f%2fidealworld%2fen_GB%2f%24s%3dmudflower&fh_sort=-_match_rate%2c-onair_iw%2c-new_iw%2c-salescash_iw
loved them that much I went back for more, and at that price I don’t mind grandkiddies chocolate fingers all over them.
That top is very similar to the things that MW does but without the price tag, and a free necklace, and a better quality fabric composition. On the subject of necklaces, I think the ones that MW does are awful and I would imagine thy feel like a brick hanging round your neck!

Having bought quite a few skirts, tops, coats, shoes and trousers over the years, from IW, they always arrive in an immaculate condition, plus card labels attached ..... ie: brand new.

From my experience there is no danger of getting a returned one and you can’t say the same about QVC. IW often have capped P&P or free P&P and the bonus is their prices. Anything that I have ever ordered from them arrives within 5 days. I’ve had some of their tops for years and they still look as good as the day on which they arrived.

Having bought quite a few skirts, tops, coats, shoes and trousers over the years, from IW, they always arrive in an immaculate condition, plus card labels attached ..... ie: brand new.

From my experience there is no danger of getting a returned one and you can’t say the same about QVC. IW often have capped P&P or free P&P and the bonus is their prices. Anything that I have ever ordered from them arrives within 5 days. I’ve had some of their tops for years and they still look as good as the day on which they arrived.

Aw me too Toril 👏👏. 🙏❤️ X

.....and it's hardly surprising considering how expensive Q's fashion ranges are. I'm sure many people will immediately open their screwed up plastic bag and see that the top they've paid £60 quid for looks like a tenner's worth at the most, come to their senses and return it immediately. Then there's those who'd try it on and wear it a few times before they came to their senses, never mind the fact it's been thrown on a chair for 3 weeks with a cat sat on top of it , and it stinks of stale fags and deodorant .They'll return it because they can. Personally, I think this 30/60 day mbg is ridiculous and they should put a stop to it. With clothing, you can immediately see poor quality ,value for money etc. A quick try on will tell you whether it fits properly and suits you - Perfume, offer samples to order for a nominal charge, or send a few free ones out with other orders, same with skincare. I'm sure most customers would prefer to see lower prices and p&p across the board instead of having to pay a premium to support this ridiculous idea.

Oh those days of Bid tv and Auction World ! I remember being amazed when I first watched Bid tv - it was an auction where you telephoned what you wanted to pay ! an incredible concept for the time. I was sucked in, my first purchase was a copper bracelet watch and I paid £9.99 - plus p & p, and now as we all know if you go to any market there are millions of watches for a tenner 😂

I have a wardrobe full of dresses from IW oh and a couple of coats and a jacket. The dresses wash up beautifully and never need ironing - always a bonus for me 👍🏻 I have a lovely pair of wedge sandals and wedge boots as well, good quality, comfortable and bought in the sales.
I wouldn't recommend anything electrical or techy from them though as we have had a couple of tablets that didn't work and a Tefal air fryer that stopped working. Having said that there was no trouble with returns ot refunds, they even collected them.
Mr Twirl swears by the car cleaning product in whatever guise it is currently using Williams, Rocket or whatever.

Being 5' 1 and half, no way do I wear floaty tops, don't wear dresses. Woodland Leather it is always the same jacket as the special value of the day, has been for years now.

I am an M&S clothes shopper. Bought a trench coat, two pairs of jeans and a t.shirt last week.

I have a wardrobe full of dresses from IW oh and a couple of coats and a jacket. The dresses wash up beautifully and never need ironing - always a bonus for me 👍🏻 I have a lovely pair of wedge sandals and wedge boots as well, good quality, comfortable and bought in the sales.
I wouldn't recommend anything electrical or techy from them though as we have had a couple of tablets that didn't work and a Tefal air fryer that stopped working. Having said that there was no trouble with returns ot refunds, they even collected them.
Mr Twirl swears by the car cleaning product in whatever guise it is currently using Williams, Rocket or whatever.

I’ve bought a lot of electrical from IW over the years (except phones or tablets) and I’ve been lucky because they’ve lasted that long, I’d want to sling them way before they’ve ever broke. 😂

Being 5' 1 and half, no way do I wear floaty tops, don't wear dresses. Woodland Leather it is always the same jacket as the special value of the day, has been for years now.

I am an M&S clothes shopper. Bought a trench coat, two pairs of jeans and a t.shirt last week.

We’ve got an M&S on our local retail park and whenever I’ve gone in I can’t find anything that I like, all seem for the slim older lady, and that’s from a size 14-16 55 year old. The quality doesn’t seem that good for the price they’re asking and the ones I looked at were made in Bangladesh, China and Cambodia, so that’s a no from me, each to their own though I suppose.

Few years back, I ordered a hand held steamer from IW. They did no more than sent me 2. I rang them to tell them and was told it was their mistake and to just keep both. Gave one to my brother. That was really nice of them, or maybe they couldn't be bothered with the hassle of getting it back. Whatever their reason, I was very happy with them. Can never see QVC doing that.

We’ve got an M&S on our local retail park and whenever I’ve gone in I can’t find anything that I like, all seem for the slim older lady, and that’s from a size 14-16 55 year old. The quality doesn’t seem that good for the price they’re asking and the ones I looked at were made in Bangladesh, China and Cambodia, so that’s a no from me, each to their own though I suppose.
So where is IW fashion made?

Just had a nose on Trustpilot. Oh dear.

There were a few posts on the moneysaving site over since Xmas ranting about them.

QVC are not much better.

It hasn’t been that one for a while, it’s this one https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.idealworld.tv

People who’ve legitimately purchased are invited to leave a review, because apparently people were leaving reviews and they hadn’t even purchased from them slagging them off.
Most of IW range is in the UK, Nicole I think is one of them. It’s not the fact were it’s made, it was the fact that M&S wanted £49.99 for something that the people in these countries are only paid pennies a day for.

Oh. Well I hate to tell you even though it says UK made, and they will be like the BooHoo, Pretty Little Things they are making in factories with lower than minimum wages etc. There was a number of investigations in the news over the working conditions and very low wages with women worried if they complained being sacked.

Oh. Well I hate to tell you even though it says UK made, and they will be like the BooHoo, Pretty Little Things they are making in factories with lower than minimum wages etc. There was a number of investigations in the news over the working conditions and very low wages with women worried if they complained being sacked.

I don’t doubt it

I think that IW have recently upped their game whereas QVC seem to be going downhill if you consider the repetitive TSV brands, the Elemis and Marla Wynne overload and their apparent reluctance to put their customer first if there’s a problem.

They have upped their game, you’re right. I used to buy my clothes on the high street but IW started getting in more and more nicer tops for better quality and even better prices, I thought thanks very much that’ll do me. I think QVC should change their initials to MWC...........Marla Wynne Crap 😂🙏❤️ xx

Crystal, my shopping telly viewing habits are pretty much identical to yours these days. Like I said, since Ideal world morphed into Ideal Watch I pretty much gave up with them. I must admit I'm saving money being a QVC viewer 'cause I refuse to pay their extortionate prices or put up with all their stingy terms and conditions when it comes to postage and returns. They may have a 60 day mbg, but that comes at a price. So yes, I watch for entertainment value only. I spent an hour over on the style channel last night cause mainstream tv was dire and I caught a bit of Worzel Gummidge looking like she was just off home to clean the oven, until I realised that the top she was wearing was the star of the show and cost about £50 and then the model came out wearing a pair of half mast skintight bell bottoms, and they had pockets for some reason that you couldn't, or wouldn't lets say put anything in...awful but funny!
Those trousers are horrible. As you say, anything in the pockets would bulge out because the fabric is so thin. Not sure who Worzel is. Julia ?

Latest posts

Back