Liz Earle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I sometimes used to buy the monthly skincare offer (with skin repair) as good value if I liked the “free” gifts - was often sent £5 off it.

Or else I would occasionally buy a TSV if it contained skin repair moisturiser, IBST ans eyebright.

Anyway I’ve literally just finished my last tube of the old style Skin repair moisturiser. I really love it, though couldn’t ever afford at full price.

I use(d) the dry/sensitive version and all the reviews of the new versions are terrible! I would quite like to try for myself but can’t risk wasting the money!

Has anyone tried it and liked it?!

Or can recommend an alternative at all?!

Have tried super skin but bit out of my price range and a wee bit rich...
I’m 42yo and could normal to dry skin, slightly sensitive and on crazy number of medications!
Also Housebound, so spf not requires sadly!! ;)
Thanks so much for any help/advice!
On the face of it, without googling etc I'd perhaps try Body shop vitamin e cream. Dunno how much it is these days, or if they've meddled to include a k=light,rich,medium,etc. It's direct comparison,I feel would be Hydrafloral,but more watery (good for summer) it's more hydrating than replenishing.

Also have a look at sukin. Great brand & very affordable. I had a rosehip night cream used for day for drier types, massive pot, great value. I urge you to have a noseabout. Also nosy on Marks & spencer & then superdrug.

I have an M & S 'pure' grape/resvaratrol cream,very high end & good. Don't know if it's been disc or not. I find M & S are a v good brand.

Look for something with rosehip in it. What are you using in terms of serum/if any?

Sorry if this is waffly. I recommend from my head & not from google/others opinions, unless they match mine of course. I've used the stuff I reccommend.
Sukin is a good company. Also, you could try th eneals Yard Frankincense. " sorts, the nourishing & hydrating. I liked the nourishing. If it doesn't work out, they have back,but it's best to write . Often discounts for that at Waitrose,Ocado,etc. May be 15% at feel unique atm. Neals Yard also at M & S so good place to read some reviews.

Blimey, hope this helps! More info would help me howevs - skin type,your routine etc. I have hand proba atm so typos are all over. It hurts to correct (rsi or somethig) xxxBlissy

On the face of it, without googling etc I'd perhaps try Body shop vitamin e cream. Dunno how much it is these days, or if they've meddled to include a k=light,rich,medium,etc. It's direct comparison,I feel would be Hydrafloral,but more watery (good for summer) it's more hydrating than replenishing.

Also have a look at sukin. Great brand & very affordable. I had a rosehip night cream used for day for drier types, massive pot, great value. I urge you to have a noseabout. Also nosy on Marks & spencer & then superdrug.

I have an M & S 'pure' grape/resvaratrol cream,very high end & good. Don't know if it's been disc or not. I find M & S are a v good brand.

Look for something with rosehip in it. What are you using in terms of serum/if any?

Sorry if this is waffly. I recommend from my head & not from google/others opinions, unless they match mine of course. I've used the stuff I reccommend.
Sukin is a good company. Also, you could try th eneals Yard Frankincense. " sorts, the nourishing & hydrating. I liked the nourishing. If it doesn't work out, they have back,but it's best to write . Often discounts for that at Waitrose,Ocado,etc. May be 15% at feel unique atm. Neals Yard also at M & S so good place to read some reviews.

Blimey, hope this helps! More info would help me howevs - skin type,your routine etc. I have hand proba atm so typos are all over. It hurts to correct (rsi or somethig) xxxBlissy
Great advice, I’m envious of your knowledge & hope the hands improve.
Boots have some great prices on Sukin currently.

I knew that body cream would be discontinued! It wasn’t in the sale after Christmas, and when I asked they said oh it’s just out of stock... I love that cream! I am gutted they are getting rid of it.
Bet qvc have it for sale forever more.....

I think I said something about maybe that cream would be worth a try, but she said words to effect of don’t get to liking it too much...! So I asked outright if it’s being discontinued and she said yes, sorry!

She did say some other outlets may still have it, and that they are bringing out a new body product in near future (NO idea what - she wasn’t implying it was related to the body cream)....

What a shame...

Hi and gosh thanks so much for your long and helpful reply.
I hope you didn’t aggravate your RSI? It kills me to type too so I can relate. Take care!

I’m afraid I’m too ill to be on here much at all these days, let alone watch QVC, but it’s much appreciated.

I did try vitamin e from Body Shop years ago but I think I found watery! As you said! ;)

Never tried hydrafloral (think that is WAY out of price range!) but it sounds nice...

I’m going to look at Sukin thank you! And I had heard anything with rose-hip oil was good esp for maturing skin.

My routine is non-existent I’m afraid - cleanse with micellar or even wipes (I know) mostly and certainly no serum.

But I will start off looking for a moisturiser replacement to put something on my face!

Thanks again!

I think I said something about maybe that cream would be worth a try, but she said words to effect of don’t get to liking it too much...! So I asked outright if it’s being discontinued and she said yes, sorry!

She did say some other outlets may still have it, and that they are bringing out a new body product in near future (NO idea what - she wasn’t implying it was related to the body cream)....

What a shame...
It is a shame. It’s a lovely cream and smells really fresh. The body balm is ok but a bit rich for everyday.

I asked Caroline Archer on Instagram, and she also confirmed it was going, and said that qvc might have stock for a while.

I wish they would tell us, so we can stock up if we want to. Or not do it at all!

Hi and gosh thanks so much for your long and helpful reply.
I hope you didn’t aggravate your RSI? It kills me to type too so I can relate. Take care!

I’m afraid I’m too ill to be on here much at all these days, let alone watch QVC, but it’s much appreciated.

I did try vitamin e from Body Shop years ago but I think I found watery! As you said! ;)

Never tried hydrafloral (think that is WAY out of price range!) but it sounds nice...

I’m going to look at Sukin thank you! And I had heard anything with rose-hip oil was good esp for maturing skin.

My routine is non-existent I’m afraid - cleanse with micellar or even wipes (I know) mostly and certainly no serum.

But I will start off looking for a moisturiser replacement to put something on my face!

Thanks again!
It's all in the cleansing! But I know it's the last thing we want to do when poorly.
Try using a manual topical cleanser - any cleasing cream - doesn't have to be fancy-bound to be one in the drawer - on dry skin, Hot flannel off, done. The bowl of hot water & flannel is as comforting as it is quick.

If you're stuck in wipes/miscellar/you will see a difference. It's all in the flannel. Not a soft one. Use a not too soft towel to dry also - helps if you're too ill to exfoliate. Never use softner on fklannels - YUK - also we want a rough texture. I use an old knitted dishcloth - it's fab & in a right state. Can't put it on th eline cos of the Washing Police over the road.

Love to hear how you get on xx

It is a shame. It’s a lovely cream and smells really fresh. The body balm is ok but a bit rich for everyday.

I asked Caroline Archer on Instagram, and she also confirmed it was going, and said that qvc might have stock for a while.

I wish they would tell us, so we can stock up if we want to. Or not do it at all!
I couldn't get on with that. It contained talc &didn't slip enough for me. It's dead similar, imo to th ehamnd cream!!!

Great advice, I’m envious of your knowledge & hope the hands improve.
Boots have some great prices on Sukin currently.
That means a lot, especially from wise Aunty llloyd, thanks. Hard to say it loud (!) but between us, Blissy is not just a pretty face! (Yeeks!)

I knew that body cream would be discontinued! It wasn’t in the sale after Christmas, and when I asked they said oh it’s just out of stock... I love that cream! I am gutted they are getting rid of it.
Bet qvc have it for sale forever more.....
It's very similatr to thehand cream. I imagine the ing's ar esimilar (haven't checked) Rsi=TYPOS eek.

New owners tinkering with the range and formulation... it's a bit like an inept person trimming their fringe. They try to straighten it up, but end up snipping their fringe out of existence. LE, Decleor...

As well as M&S only doing cruelty free ranges, the Superdrug own brands are cruelty free. They do a hot cloth cleanser in their own range and there is the B. range. Superdrug often have offers on all the brands they carry.

TLL, I am sorry to hear you are very ill atm. I hope you can find some relief or comfort, including from skincare...and that things improve for you in general.
SB, RSI can be a nightmare, you have my sympathy. I think I'm heading in that direction as I hold my phone much too tightly...and I hold it A LOT!

New owners tinkering with the range and formulation... it's a bit like an inept person trimming their fringe. They try to straighten it up, but end up snipping their fringe out of existence. LE, Decleor...

As well as M&S only doing cruelty free ranges, the Superdrug own brands are cruelty free. They do a hot cloth cleanser in their own range and there is the B. range. Superdrug often have offers on all the brands they carry.

TLL, I am sorry to hear you are very ill atm. I hope you can find some relief or comfort, including from skincare...and that things improve for you in general.
SB, RSI can be a nightmare, you have my sympathy. I think I'm heading in that direction as I hold my phone much too tightly...and I hold it A LOT!
Thanks, May.

It's just embarrassing as people may think I'ma spelling moron. You know the thing....I need to make an announcement onhere (ha) If I go through & correct, the mouse work is the worst. I can't see iut improving - onehas to type for work!

If

Thanks, May.

It's just embarrassing as people may think I'ma spelling moron. You know the thing....I need to make an announcement onhere (ha) If I go through & correct, the mouse work is the worst. I can't see iut improving - onehas to type for work!

If
eta I drove onthe M5 yesteday(permitted) & it evenhurt on th esteering wheel, plus the remote control....falling apart, lol!

Dunno what doctor can do....any thoughts, friends?
I know they're hard to find at the moment but have you been to your GP? Look at your diet, especially your consumption of magnesium & vitamin B6. I had carpal tunnel syndrome, went to a natural health clinic for a consultation & then had several acupuncture sessions. I wear a copper & silver bracelet with magnets on the inside & I put turmeric (always with black pepper) into scrambled eggs, rice & roasted vegetables & even stir a small amount into a spoonful of honey, this is vile but I'm sure it's efficacious, as Mary Poppins would say. I hope you can get some relief soon.

Ahh bless your heart, thank you 😊
Unfortunately my illness/disability is very much chronic/lifelong (miracles not withstanding...!) but in a particularly bad relapse/crash ATM...

But I do try to count my blessings and am lucky to have a good carer and amazing mum...

Little things do help brighten the days, though, don’t they - for everyone I think - so something like a nice cream can be a real treat...

I hope you’re doing okay yourself and have survived this crazy year?! X

I do love Superdrug! - such bargains and really good service plus free postage over £10 if you have a loyalty card ;)

I would recommend “Superdrug Naturally Radiant Renewing Night Cream“ £8 for 75ml pot and often on BOGOF.

Just a shame that atm the scent (not strong!) is setting off my eyes/allergies!

It's all in the cleansing! But I know it's the last thing we want to do when poorly.
Try using a manual topical cleanser - any cleasing cream - doesn't have to be fancy-bound to be one in the drawer - on dry skin, Hot flannel off, done. The bowl of hot water & flannel is as comforting as it is quick.

If you're stuck in wipes/miscellar/you will see a difference. It's all in the flannel. Not a soft one. Use a not too soft towel to dry also - helps if you're too ill to exfoliate. Never use softner on fklannels - YUK - also we want a rough texture. I use an old knitted dishcloth - it's fab & in a right state. Can't put it on th eline cos of the Washing Police over the road.

Love to hear how you get on x

Thanks for your help/advice. I know it’s naughty using wipes etc for cleansing but needs must when carer not here etc...

I do have a pump of limited edition C&P from Christmas so maybe I should open it and try to use that when I can...

I actually find LE muslins too rough so will use a flannel as you suggest!

I hope you find something to help your RSI. I’ve had it in the past and wearing a splint really helped (depends where it is - wrist or fingers etc), but afraid GP will probably tell you to rest it or ease off typing etc which may not be possible?

Have you ever used Siri or similar or speech recognition software to try dictating text rather than typing? X

Ahh bless your heart, thank you 😊
Unfortunately my illness/disability is very much chronic/lifelong (miracles not withstanding...!) but in a particularly bad relapse/crash ATM...

But I do try to count my blessings and am lucky to have a good carer and amazing mum...

Little things do help brighten the days, though, don’t they - for everyone I think - so something like a nice cream can be a real treat...

I hope you’re doing okay yourself and have survived this crazy year?! X
Lou - What an awful situation, I am sorry that you're having such a difficult time & your struggles put all my petty moans into perspective 💐

Dunno what doctor can do....any thoughts, friends?
My doctor prescribed me the vitamin B1 (Thiamin) for a neurological issue, plus a Multivitamin and the B-complex. It may be worth looking into this, there are some videos on YouTube about it. I'm also a regular at my osteopath and currently trying some exercises (AM/PM Callaneticts) that help to fix my issue. All of the above helps to some extent. There's an exercise in Callaneticts for arms/wrists and I heard it fixed someone's bad shoulder.
Hope you get better soon SB.

Here is a couple of videos.

vitamin B1 (Thiamin)

Callaneticts for arms/wrists

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back