Kathy Taylor leaving QVC after 21 years

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

At least Martin and Lucy were property developers in their everyday life, so knew their stuff. Ex footballer & pundit (who went on a presenters course and probably bought a couple of properties) Dublin was brought in , and lots were asking why ???? then Lucy was let go. The question why? clearly answered itself.

I often wonder what happened to all those 'media' students who attended university in recent years, some of whom are now struggling to get a career in tv, while all those who have other sidelines and careers get pushed to the front for presenting duties. Personally I think its a travesty. Dublin should stick to what he knows - football, Lord knows he probably got paid enough, Tommy Walsh should go play with his Workmate and I could sit here quoting other examples all day.

I'm lost on this thread now. Completely lost the plot. Waterbeds, footballers? o_O
It may be that Strato's post about his now ex waterbed appeared on this thread by mistake. The reference to a footballer is about Dion Dublin being a presenter on Homes Under The Hammer & that digression started on #53 when it was mentioned that Jacqui Joseph has not been on so often because she does many other things as well. Our ramblings always remind me of the conversations the staff had on 'Dinnerladies'.

LOVE Dinnerladies! I can watch the reruns. It is still on Gold.
Absolutely. Very clever, very funny & bittersweet. Victoria Wood was so talented &, as with Helen McCrory, the news of her death was a terrible shock. I've got her biography Let's Do It on my must read shelf & when I can return to reading about real life I'll devour it, lockdowns have only been bearable by a steady supply of fiction.

Puffin....... "Jackie Joseph seems to have stepped back a bit as well but she does Money for Nothing and Homes under the Hammer now.

Homes Under The Hammer AS WELL ???? OH so adding to her cv now then ? as she says herself, she's a fashion designer, fashion stoilist, interior designer, upcycler, and what, now a property guru ? Clearly these multi tasking lot with fancy titles aren't making a living out of their numerous strings so they have to pimp themselves for a salary on the tele !!!! Makes you laugh.
She got the gig because she's female & bame. Noticed how, after all the BLM stuff, she started wearing her hair 'au natural' ? (even though it looked better b4?) If it's so 'culturally important' to bames, why only wait until now to do it???? This winds me up. Think for yourselves, people!
Justin Biebers 'corn rows' were a joke. (instagrammed his new hairstyle! - who gives a ****?) Feckin. eejit.

Every time I switched over to QVC a couple of days ago, Ann was on with her "you know"s, I find her way of presenting very pushy, along the same lines as Fibby Flint's. I actually can't watch Ann now.....oh and you mean Julia "just saying" Roberts
Every time I switched over to QVC a couple of days ago, Ann was on with her "you know"s, I find her way of presenting very pushy, along the same lines as Fibby Flint's. I actually can't watch Ann now.....oh and you mean Julia "just saying" Roberts lol
Simon Wilson is always saying "you know" as well.

A vaguely relevant post because - - - -

After 21 years of sleeping in a waterbed, someone is coming today to empty it.

So I hope he turns up, otherwise I will have nowhere to sleep tonight.

Emptying it is not as easy as I thought, otherwise I would have done it myself.

It weighs about 1 ton, literally.

The heater has packed up, and as a mattress has an average lifespan of 15 to 20 years, I am scrapping it before it bursts and I drown in my sleep. ;)

But having stripped the bed, the mattress looks in perfect condition.
Just for clarity @stratobuddy definitely posted the above post on this thread and not another.

The above post appears to have been merged with another, and my reply wasn't to either, so I'm even more confused now.

Merging of posts often means they become nonsensical with replies.
These posts were not merged by admin, you will have clicked reply to both posts when you were replying hence them both appearing.

She says on her blog "can't wait to get started'. Why ? she's performed at qvc for years now, so why should this fashion hour be any different from all the others ??? Blogs, podcasts, they're all full of bullsh..t.
She'll be a 'with...' & have her own show. She probably expects to eventually step into Queen Julia's trainers on the Friday afternoon slot. Bless the tat peddlers & their delusions of grandeur 🙄

She'll be a 'with...' & have her own show. She probably expects to eventually step into Queen Julia's trainers on the Friday afternoon slot. Bless the tat peddlers & their delusions of grandeur 🙄
It probably still rankles with the other queen bees that they haven't had a 'with' show. Debs got close with Back to You... but it did coincide with the transformation of bumbling stuttering Kathy into persistently and consistently rude Kathy, sadly.

It probably still rankles with the other queen bees that they haven't had a 'with' show. Debs got close with Back to You... but it did coincide with the transformation of bumbling stuttering Kathy into persistently and consistently rude Kathy, sadly.
Absolutely. Apart from 'Diamonique Jewellery with Alison' the only other stand alone one I can think of is Dale's link up with the obnoxious Andi Peters.

Latest posts

Back