Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

IW are yet again very slimy when it comes to numbers. I've noticed this interaction from one or two of them recently ...

Presenter: What's that Emma? We've got how many left?!?
Emma: (we don't hear Emma, however we can only assume a number is being communicated to the presenter.)
Presenter: Oh, you're kidding! Right folks, not meaning to pressure you, but can I suggest you get a wriggle on!'

Now, Emma (if indeed there's been any sort of communication in the first place), might have said there's 5 left, equally she might have said 500, we have no way of knowing cause they don't tell us. What they're doing is employing yet another underhand sales technique to pressure, oops sorry I mean gently encourage, viewers to buy.

Mason is the worst for that.

One of his fav replies - "is that it!!!! right you need to get a wiggle on." :ROFLMAO:

Sunday teatime and still in stock.

They're really struggling to shift these last few. ;):ROFLMAO:

Shaun saying 27 of the blue left and 20 folks on the web site, so all he's saying is don't leave it too long.

Shaun, I'm pretty sure on a show a week ago with Hayley there was 70 of the blue left, so they've sold 43 in a week. If that's the speed they are going at, think folks have still got a couple of days to decide, no need to pressure folk.;)
Just watched and one of the grey had bounced back ‘for whatever reason’ 😀

Even the most mundane products - Blue Magic , Waterless Car Wash and Drill All cause a stampede every time they are on.
I'm surprised they aren't people camping out on the industrial estate in Peterborough to claim the really exciting stuff ,such as a Reign watch or an obsolescent second hand iPhone.

Even the most mundane products - Blue Magic , Waterless Car Wash and Drill All cause a stampede every time they are on.
I'm surprised they aren't people camping out on the industrial estate in Peterborough to claim the really exciting stuff ,such as a Reign watch or an obsolescent second hand iPhone.
'Ok folks, here's where we are with the smelly slimy farts trapped in a jar ... they are FLYING out, we are in MELTDOWN folks ...'

MELTDOWN!!!

It's hilarious at times, watch as the presenters and guests get so over excited about the most basic product, oh this is a super, super brilliant product, every home should have one. :rolleyes:

Speaking of Iphone, saw Peter V make some outlandish claims about it last night, about how it will always be up to date as, failing to mention at some point Apple will stop supporting the phone with the most up to date software. Also said you won't find anti-virus/security software for Apple as you can't get viruses etc on an Apple products, which is wrong, while Apple's own apps and software might be from a closed shop, as he put it, that won't save you if you are using your iphone to visit dodgy web sites or open dodgy emails.

And a quick search brings up something which doesn't exist according to Peter V.

Last edited:
I see all the items he used to produce from a suitcase are now in picture form on his phone 😂

I was thinking the same when i watched it last night. He was casting the picture to a big tv screen, and the first thing that came to mind was him emptying his suitcase on the bed. :ROFLMAO:
Laugh is, none of the so called features are anything special, it's all stuff that a basic cheap smartphone does.

I see those much sought after Buran watches that were down to the last few, single figures, and in immediate danger of sell out, even at the start of the Peter Simon show, are still there this morning, all 4 colourways.

I laugh at Reynolds acting all shocked and surprised at some of the prices, he's in a state of disbelief. Then a good bit later in the show he's asked how they got such good prices, he then explains prices are so good as he told the brands how important the Bank Holiday shows are so they got offered a really good deal from the brands for the Bank Holiday shows to get these great prices. So Kevin the shock reaction at the prices was all acting on your part, as you knew all about the low prices beforehand as you were involved in the negotiations to get those prices.:rolleyes:

Honestly, I truly believe they are the best smelly slimy farts in a jars you'll ever buy, even if you don't need them, just buy them. ;)
A mean this, right, a tell it like it is me, right, honestly can a just say ... insure 'em, make sure ya INSURE 'EM! In 5-10 years these farts will have matured in the sealed jar and will be worth many times more! A tell it like it is me!

I see those much sought after Buran watches that were down to the last few, single figures, and in immediate danger of sell out, even at the start of the Peter Simon show, are still there this morning, all 4 colourways.

I laugh at Reynolds acting all shocked and surprised at some of the prices, he's in a state of disbelief. Then a good bit later in the show he's asked how they got such good prices, he then explains prices are so good as he told the brands how important the Bank Holiday shows are so they got offered a really good deal from the brands for the Bank Holiday shows to get these great prices. So Kevin the shock reaction at the prices was all acting on your part, as you knew all about the low prices beforehand as you were involved in the negotiations to get those prices.:rolleyes:
Yeah, you'd think there was no pre-planning, no production meetings, no nothing the way they act so surprised about prices year in year out, SOooo predictable, SOooo boring. And as you say, sometimes they trip themselves up ;) what is it you're told when you're growing up, one lie leads to another ...

Bikes again. :eek:

Are they ever going to sell out. :ROFLMAO:

Edit to update :-

Jess has just said to show how busy they are the grey has already gone, and they are approaching three quarters of the blue stock has now gone.

If they are only approaching 3/4 of the stock, and we were down to low numbers yesterday then their starting stock couldn't have been that many to start with.

Last edited:
Yeah, you'd think there was no pre-planning, no production meetings, no nothing the way they act so surprised about prices year in year out, SOooo predictable, SOooo boring. And as you say, sometimes they trip themselves up ;) what is it you're told when you're growing up, one lie leads to another ...

Yep and when you tell so many, it's becomes impossible not to trip yourself up. Plus they ain't the brightest sparks on IW so it's no surprise that can't keep their stories straight. :ROFLMAO:

A mean this, right, a tell it like it is me, right, honestly can a just say ... insure 'em, make sure ya INSURE 'EM! In 5-10 years these farts will have matured in the sealed jar and will be worth many times more! A tell it like it is me!

Wonder if Shaun bought some for "me mam", he buys everything else on IW for her. ;):ROFLMAO:

Bikes again. :eek:

Are they ever going to sell out. :ROFLMAO:

Edit to update :-

Jess has just said to show how busy they are the grey has already gone, and they are approaching three quarters of the blue stock has now gone.

If they are only approaching 3/4 of the stock, and we were down to low numbers yesterday then their starting stock couldn't have been that many to start with.
I've lost track, is that just over a week since they started selling these ones or closer to two weeks? Regardless, makes a COMPLETE mockery of them bleating 'already low numbers ... nearly sold out!' from almost day one.

I've lost track, is that just over a week since they started selling these ones or closer to two weeks? Regardless, makes a COMPLETE mockery of them bleating 'already low numbers ... nearly sold out!' from almost day one.
It's at least a week, 100% positive they were on sale last weekend and have a this feeling they started selling them just before that weekend probably about 12/14 days ago.

I'm thinking, with the amount of shows they've had with two presenters, can't see them making much profit on these bikes sales, profit will all go on presenters wages. :ROFLMAO:

I popped in to my local Halford's yesterday. I was there for it opening and was the first person to walk into the store and there was no one else behind me. An assistant was standing and he barked at me ...

'MORNING GUVNA, LISTEN, I SAY THIS NOT TO PRESSURE YOU, IT'S ONLY TO INFORM YOU, HOWEVER WE'RE ALREADY CRAZY BUSY MATE, WE'RE IN MELTDOWN!!!'

I was slightly confused at this advice given I was the only member of the public in the store. Then I saw it. In his back pocket. 'The Mike Mason pocket guide to selling.'

;)

Latest posts

Back