WULI:LUU by Gok Wan TSV 18/5/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If you were going to buy (another) denim style jacket, would you buy it in that foosty tan colour? Not sure I would. Don't like Gok's things, they don't really stand out above anything else on QVC.

CC

If you were going to buy (another) denim style jacket, would you buy it in that foosty tan colour? Not sure I would. Don't like Gok's things, they don't really stand out above anything else on QVC.

CC
Baby/food/baby poo (the same)
Cat poo?

WULI:LUU by Gok Wan Jersey Painter Shirt
Item Number: 189372
QVC Price £50.00
Todays Special Value Price £34.98
P&P:£2.95

This easy-to-wear jersey shirt from WULI:LUU by Gok Wan features a stand collar with button fastenings at the front and long sleeves, as well as a flattering hi-lo hemline. A fabulous, versatile piece, this oversized shirt can be paired with your favourite jeans on casual days and then dressed up with smart trousers for work or special occasions.

Which will you choose? This chic shirt comes in a choice of six gorgeous prints and block colours, with neutral and bright options to suit all tastes. Navy Splatter Spot Print, Mono Splatter Spot Print or Blush Splatter Spot Print will bring an artsy, contemporary touch to your outfit, while Pink, Khaki or Cobalt will go with practically anything in your wardrobe.

Chilled summer vibes - with its loose, relaxed fit, this is a great choice for the spring and summer months when you want something comfortable you feel you can move in. On extra warm days try teaming it with shorts and sandals or potter about the house barefoot … maybe even with a paint brush in hand!

• Button fastening
  • 95% polyester, 5% elastane
  • Machine washable at 30C

Colour/print options:

• Mono Splatter Spot Print
  • Navy Splatter Spot Print
  • Blush Splatter Spot Print
  • Khaki
  • Pink
  • Cobalt

Garment measurements:

• Chest: XS: 112cm (44"), S: 117cm (46"), M: 122cm (48"), L: 128.3cm (50.5"), XL: 136cm (53.5"), 2XL: 146cm (57.5"), 3XL: 156cm (61.5")
  • Length: XS: 73.5cm (29"), S: 74cm (29.3"), M: 75cm (29.5"), L: 76cm (30"), XL: 77cm (30.3"), 2xl: 79cm (31"), 3XL: 81cm (32")

All measurements are approximate

Back in the day, I had a lot of respect for Gok and what he was trying to do in order to boost women's confidence - He really seemed to know how to dress women whatever their shape, size or insecurities. In the aftermath, he fronted a pretty decent and affordable range for Sainsbury's - But then like a lot of celebs, they jump onto the tv shopping bandwagon because they can see that can get away with selling cheap and nasty tat by the boatload. It's easy money for them, when no thought has gone into shape or design. "Pile it high, sell it for extortionate prices" seems to be the Mantra. I can forgive the likes of RL and Danni Minogue, for whom this is their first dabble in the fashion industry, but for someone as respected as Gok to sell himself out like this, I find rather sad, and a little dishonest. People will be prepared to splash out on the back of his reputation and it doesn't sit right with me. It's all about the money!
£53 full price for a polyester shirt, even £38 all in is bad enough - If this had been part of his Sainsbury's range I reckon it'd be about £17.99!

Last edited:
Sorry I got the wrong end of the stick, not the denim style jacket Pipa eluded to.
Saying that it’s just the same style of shirt they have all been doing.
But yet again will be presented as something out of the ordinary.
But as with USP of Gok’s range designed to make the body look gorgeous.
FAB U LOUS - I’ll give it the usual miss darling 🙄
😂😂😂

Back in the day, I had a lot of respect for Gok and what he was trying to do in order to boost women's confidence - He really seemed to know how to dress women whatever their shape, size or insecurities. In the aftermath, he fronted a pretty decent and affordable range for Sainsbury's - But then like a lot of celebs, they jump onto the tv shopping bandwagon because they can see that can get away with selling cheap and nasty tat by the boatload. It's easy money for them, when no thought has gone into shape or design. "Pile it high, sell it for extortionate prices" seems to be the Mantra. I can forgive the likes of RL and Danni Minogue, for whom this is their first dabble in the fashion industry, but for someone as respected as Gok to sell himself out like this, I find rather sad, and a little dishonest. People will be prepared to splash out on the back of his reputation and it doesn't sit right with me. It's all about the money!
£53 full price for a polyester shirt, even £38 all in is bad enough - If this had been part of his Sainsbury's range I reckon it'd be about £17.99!
Spot on comment as always merry, however, you're being too generous about her being a newby to this 'designing' lark, she's been involved in fashion since the late 80s & her stuff still looks boring.

TSV is shite. Just saying.
I've nothing against a easy to wear/easy to care for shirt that you can just chuck on with jeans or a skirt...but I agree that as a TSV it is shite - There's nothing special about it , it's certainly not good value, and it's not even "Today's" as it's a pre-launch. It's a ridiculous price to pay for a polyester shirt. Talking of shite, the dark patterned ones look like they've been dive bombed by seagulls, and the peach one looks like the wearer's been splattered by a passing tractor. It is described as a "splatter" print, apologies to those who love it, but it's a load of old Jackson Pollocks!

It’s the prices which get me £38 for a polly shirt is ridiculous- they are a lot less on DHS or for a little more you can get much better quality.

It's a cling to the bum shirt, which doesn't flatter even the daintiest ones & makes the more generous look big enough to balance a cup & saucer on them. All the amount of "It skims the hips beautifully" "It's so fluid" & the usual old chestnut " Even with my mic pack there's plenty of room thanks to the way it falls from the yoke" won't make it anything other than a polyester top. Bleurgh.

It reminds me of art classes at secondary school and we were told to bring one of our Dad`s old shirts to wear over our uniform. We`d all be there with paint splatters over us or smudges where we wiped our brush down the front of the shirt and splats where we`d washed a brush then shook the excess water off it.

I remember reading a newspaper article about Gok years ago. It was when he had that show on Ch4, dressing women who had no confidence, larger women usually.
They used to walk down a catwalk at the end of the show, styled by him and confidence boosted.
All very good, but one of the professional models who walked with them said he was dreadful to work with.
Making derogatory comments about them, their size etc. she felt humiliated, refused her fee and walked away. She asked to be edited out of the show she was in, this they did, but there was just a glimpse of her at the end they couldn't edit out.
Her take on it was that because they were paid models, he could speak to them how he liked and they had to accept it if they wanted to work on the show.
It put me right off him.

I remember reading a newspaper article about Gok years ago. It was when he had that show on Ch4, dressing women who had no confidence, larger women usually.
They used to walk down a catwalk at the end of the show, styled by him and confidence boosted.
All very good, but one of the professional models who walked with them said he was dreadful to work with.
Making derogatory comments about them, their size etc. she felt humiliated, refused her fee and walked away. She asked to be edited out of the show she was in, this they did, but there was just a glimpse of her at the end they couldn't edit out.
Her take on it was that because they were paid models, he could speak to them how he liked and they had to accept it if they wanted to work on the show.
It put me right off him.
Well considering how much weight he has gained since 'How to Look Good Naked' I hope that model is having the last laugh.

It put me right off him.
I saw that too and like you disliked him. Cant stand him just comes over smarmy.

Latest posts

Back