Amazon TSV 16/5/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You just have to live QVC. There are two colours available and the website going live doesn't cover this.

How many years have years have they been using technology and still do very basic errors.

And of course I was going to buy a few in every colour for my gifting drawer.

Can I get a prize as I did manage a whole six minutes of the previous show and five minutes of the launch. Come on that deserves an award for effort.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210515-210334.png
    Screenshot_20210515-210334.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 83
Could be an Alexa - - - - I am getting fed up with mine.

Example from today:

Me: Alexa, set reminder

A: What's the reminder for?

Me: Radio

A: What time?

Me: 12 noon.

A: Ok I'll remind you at 12 noon (AND IT OFTEN TAKES 1/2 DOZEN ATTEMPTS FOR "HER" TO GET THE TIME RIGHT)

LATER, AT 12 NOON.

A: Here is your reminder, IDIOT
I asked Alexa to remind me to vote. Apparently, I had to go it to sea... the message came back with 'don't forget to boat'

Having spent 2 hours trying to set up an Alexa in OH's house (just 5 minutes according to Lee H) and then spending 1/2 hour on phone to their help line, then having to set up passwords etc and ''allow" them to access loads of info.

Got to the stage where I had to allow access to location, I said I didn't want to, but he said that if I didn't, it wouldn't be able to tell me the weather.

I replied that if I wanted to know the weather I would look our of the window!

Eventually we had to give so much information that almost came to gving our bank details and password.

And if you are not extremely careful, you get signed up for subscriptions to Amazon Prime and music.

Stratto, you are clearly 100 times more tecky than me, but (as I said previously) I had this model bought me last Christmas, and living alone I had to tackle the set up on my own, - rather than rely on a socially distanced nephew to do the honours. I had it up and running in less than 30 minutes, which surprised even me, and I did feel a sense of achievement when I said "Alexa" for the first time and it worked. It is clearly capable of giving out a lot of info and 'stuff', but I only use it for chatting to my brother 200 miles away, so in that respect alone its been an excellent gift.

I asked Alexa to remind me to vote. Apparently, I had to go it to sea... the message came back with 'don't forget to boat'
Yes voice reminders do cause problems. I asked Alexa last night to set up a reminder for today. She heard “easy” which was wrong but I couldn’t be bothered to correct her. Today though I have no idea what that referred to.

I despair about Alexa sometimes.

Alexa, set reminder.

What's the reminder for?

Radio (repeated 3 times)

When shall I remind you?

8 Minutes.

2 minutes later - - here is your reminder, idiot.

I despair at Alexa most of the time she can't understand me most of the time and I only ask her to turn on or off a radio station. I am very tempted to through out of the window.
I often ask her to repeat a BBC radio programme I missed earlier in the day or yesterday.

You have to say "ask the BBC to play programme name".

HALF the time you get the programme you want, 1/4 time you get a totally different one, and 1/4 time you get exactly the programme you asked for, but from months or even years ago.

I’ve never had any problem with Alexa understanding me, but I wonder whether these gizmos can understand regional accents. My partner/better half or whatever “title” you think is appropriate 😉 sent a message to me this morning via Siri and the message I got cracked me up but I can’t post it here. 😂 I’m sure that Siri isn’t tuned in to the Yorkshire accent.

These things still fill me with horror. Still baffled by them and not tempted. Even if I was, hours of Lee Hohbein presentations would have been unendurable.

It seems you get a choice of 3, but as soon as you select one, the other 2 disappear, so choose carefully.

You say something like which free audible books are there this month?
I tried to get a free Audible book but it wanted me to sign up and pa £7.99 a month. I get free talking books from my local library online anyway.

Latest posts

Back