Marlawynne TSV 25/06/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

More floaty shapeless squares of modal in colours like 'string' for fat American housewives. Melissa will wet herself over just how 'clever' the 'pieces' are, and indeed, how much of a genius Marla is.

Has Melissa ever actually presented a show where Marla has been present (pre-pandemic, obviously)? I think she might curtsey and then pass out with excitement.

More floaty shapeless squares of modal in colours like 'string' for fat American housewives. Melissa will wet herself over just how 'clever' the 'pieces' are, and indeed, how much of a genius Marla is.

Has Melissa ever actually presented a show where Marla has been present (pre-pandemic, obviously)? I think she might curtsey and then pass out with excitement.
I was at the vets yesterday when a Weimaraner puppy had to be weighed, he did a huge puddle when he got on the scales because he was so excited. After reading your comment every time I see Ms 'Stenning' I'll see her sliding to the floor in a puddle of excitement 💧

Clearly we are of an 'age' Twirly' .

My English Language teacher decreed that starting sentences with ... and / because / but was strictly verboten.

Some years ago I wrote to the Editor of a national daily, protesting about this breach of grammar by his columnists. He didn't argue the point, but politely mentioned that William Blake, when writing Jerusalem started the whole thing with........"AND did those feet in ancient times. What could I say ?

I know it’s grammatically incorrect to have started my sentence with “and” but I hoped that the “......“ preceding it, together with the lower case “a,” would show that I was technically following on from the sentence before mine. 😉

As a teacher of 44 years, I’ll put myself in detention. 🤔

See, I was taught that but so often I see sentences beginning with 'And'. It is a source of annoyance to me 😡
I was taught that ‘and’ and ‘but’ are conjunctions, they join 2 phrases in one sentence. As such they cannot start or finish a sentence.

mind you that was 53 years ago so things might have moved on.

Latest posts

Back