Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Kev on the Gaz-14 All Timer with the Seiko YM86 movement - "Everybody, while i run through the specs of this watch, look at the price every time I mention a key point, first of all a Perpetual Calender, what does that mean, this watch will tell the day, the date, the month, whether it's a leap year +1, 2, 3 or an actual leap year and a day of the week for the next 70/80 years. It's a Perpetual Calender, you normally only associate with really expensive automatic movement, when i say expensive i probably mean around 28, 29, £30,000 worth. This is a YM86 Seiko movement and it doesn't stop there, it has a 24 hour Chronograph, 24 hour chronograph. It doesn't stop there it's got an alarm, blah blah."

Really Kev, it's just the Seiko 7T86 movement (Called the YM86 in non Seiko watches) which is inside my Seiko SPC129P1, Perpetual Calendar Chronograph, does all that the Gaz-14 does, only differences is it isn't built like the size of a tank or have GTLS tubes, and it cost me £160 not £30,000. :)

Seiko Chronograph, Perpetual Calendar - SPC129P1 – (Cal 7T86) (4)a.jpg

It's so strange, Kevin pronouncing his name as Egor and Hayley saying Igor the whole show, surely she must realise she's saying it wrong, they've both said it about a hundred times and been different every time, yeah it's spelt with an I but it's pronounced E gor, bit like when Mason, who claims to know about space, rockets et al, kept pronouncing Wernher Von Braun last name wrong. :ROFLMAO:
You say Egor I say Igor
You say Bamix I say Baymix
Let's call the whole thing off ...

:)

They were flogging the 21st anniversary Vostok earlier ... so it didn't sell out x weeks back then ;)

Kevin saying the '21' can be applied to anything e.g. someone's 21st birthday, or to commemorate 2021. Why the heck would we want to commemorate 2021 in something like a watch, it's not been much better than 2020 for many people.

And the icing on the cake is it has IW on the back. So unless the person celebrating their 21st has those initials ...

Bullsh1t :poop: Peter Simon has now said that watch week has been going for nigh on 15 years on Ideal World :unsure::unsure::unsure: more like 5 years.
Apparently they are selling out most of the Swan and Edgars, people must be drunk coming home from the pubs.
How is a watch associated with Hadrian's wall???? their history of the said wall is all over the place, PS said it was 789AD after an initial 1798AD, the guest said it was 79AD but it started construction in 122AD, :ROFLMAO:

Bullsh1t :poop: Peter Simon has now said that watch week has been going for nigh on 15 years on Ideal World :unsure::unsure::unsure: more like 5 years.
Apparently they are selling out most of the Swan and Edgars, people must be drunk coming home from the pubs.
How is a watch associated with Hadrian's wall???? their history of the said wall is all over the place, PS said it was 789AD after an initial 1798AD, the guest said it was 79AD but it started construction in 122AD, :ROFLMAO:

His 5 minute monologue to introduce the brand, longer than usual, probably for the "ITV" crowd, was an absolute disgraceful example of Ideal World at their deceitful best, it was the biggest load of bull:poop: on a brands history & heritage i've heard, pack of lies from start to finish, none of it was relevant to the Swan & Edgar watch brand & some of what he was attributing to the store itself was also a load of rubbish & lies, he's a disgrace.

In an previous program, the guest said it was the boundary between Scotland and England, both of which didn't exist at the time, but it's never been the boundary between the two countries as it's entirely in England.

Yeah, Peter said - "Adrian, will be looking down now, in 1759, 17, eh 759." :ROFLMAO:

Pair of plonkers.

They were flogging the 21st anniversary Vostok earlier ... so it didn't sell out x weeks back then ;)

Kevin saying the '21' can be applied to anything e.g. someone's 21st birthday, or to commemorate 2021. Why the heck would we want to commemorate 2021 in something like a watch, it's not been much better than 2020 for many people.

And the icing on the cake is it has IW on the back. So unless the person celebrating their 21st has those initials ...

The 21st birthday watch from Mathey-Tissot is showing up on the Sunday/Monday shows, so it's not sold out either. ;)

Peter Simon was also misleading viewers with his, this is the last scheduled Vostok Europe show so check out, while he may be strictly correct in saying there are no more Vostok Europe shows scheduled, Vostok Europe watches will be back in The Collectable Watch shows on Sunday/Monday. he really is a deceitful sod. :rolleyes:

His 5 minute monologue to introduce the brand, longer than usual, probably for the "ITV" crowd, was an absolute disgraceful example of Ideal World at their deceitful best, it was the biggest load of bull:poop: on a brands history & heritage i've heard, pack of lies from start to finish, none of it was relevant to the Swan & Edgar watch brand & some of what he was attributing to the store itself was also a load of rubbish & lies, he's a disgrace.
I'm not sure if this was the same monologue I caught last night, however it was absolutely dreadful. The studio crew were laughing (not sure if this was with him or at him!) however there was silence (as in tumbleweed silence) when he cracked his last joke. He referred to his dad, long since passed away, then said along the lines of

I once asked my mum who my dad was. Some soldiers she replied ...

Silence. No wonder. Not only was this disrespectful to the memory of his dad, it also infers his mum was, how can I put this politely, someone who liked the men.

Needless to say he then quickly moved on to actually talking about the watches. I'd go as far as to say he often disgusts me. Why the heck any brand would want their products sold by this shower goodness only knows. You have to assume they shift decent quantities and let's face it, in business, many would sell their granny to make a bigger buck.

He entirely does it to hurry and rush people. Exactly the opposite of what he spouts. If anything is desirable it doesn’t need a spun story to try and shift it.
Yeah, he went into hyperdrive towards the end of a show last night. Quick, check your baskets out! ... These are goooooing!! ... There's going to be a lot of disappointed viewers tonight!!! blah blah blah.

Which is why I'd love to know how many of the supposed near sell outs did actually sell out.

I bought the watch box and then bought 10 Swan & Edgar watches to fill it because trustworthy Peter and the greasy looking brand ambassador said it was a sensible thing to do. The brand guy genuinely looks like one of these dodgy people that used to come into the pub 'Hey mate, want to buy a nearly new twin tub washing machine???'

How many of those treadmills have they actually got?? I’m inclined (sorry) to think too many for their own good.

How many of those treadmills have they actually got?? I’m inclined (sorry) to think too many for their own good.

Too bleeding many and the same with Vibrapower. with the treadmill they seem to alternate between the two slightly different models.
They have to keep Tim, Kelley and Jenny (sob story) in work.

I'm not sure if this was the same monologue I caught last night, however it was absolutely dreadful. The studio crew were laughing (not sure if this was with him or at him!) however there was silence (as in tumbleweed silence) when he cracked his last joke. He referred to his dad, long since passed away, then said along the lines of

I once asked my mum who my dad was. Some soldiers she replied ...

Silence. No wonder. Not only was this disrespectful to the memory of his dad, it also infers his mum was, how can I put this politely, someone who liked the men.

Needless to say he then quickly moved on to actually talking about the watches. I'd go as far as to say he often disgusts me. Why the heck any brand would want their products sold by this shower goodness only knows. You have to assume they shift decent quantities and let's face it, in business, many would sell their granny to make a bigger buck.

no haven't seen that bit, have it recorded to watch, my bit was right at the start, i've seen to the end of the first program where the guest mentions they are featuring tin GQ mag this month, then Peter prattles on about GQ being the place for the latest trends in fashion.

Anyway went to GQ's site to see what they had on watches, quite a bit but found nothing about Swan & Edgar. Thought i'd see what the latest trends for men's fashion are and came across this page.

Took one look at that page and said to myself, WTF, thank christ i don't follow trends in fashion, I'll stick to being a boring old git in my plain Polos/t shirts, jeans and trainers. Blacks, greys, blues and white, all the colours I need, proud to be boring. ;):ROFLMAO:

Hayley - "Took a long time to convince the nursery to bag it for us, TV exclusive, you can't buy in garden centers."

No, but you can buy it direct from their web site or their Marketplace shop on Amazon.

"you can only order, this up to three times, what they haven't realised is you could come back and order it again another three, again i suppose you could come back and order it again another three, that's where they've slipped up."

Oh i would bet my house they know, heck every ****** viewer knows Hayley, so it's streching the imagination to the extremese to believe the powers that be at IW don't know, plus you've said it enough times. The first time you said it, folks might have believed you, but as you say it on EVERY garden show with free P & P, it's now just a very boring and obviously deliberate lie.

Latest posts

Back