Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hayley - "Took a long time to convince the nursery to bag it for us, TV exclusive, you can't buy in garden centers."

No, but you can buy it direct from their web site or their Marketplace shop on Amazon.

"you can only order, this up to three times, what they haven't realised is you could come back and order it again another three, again i suppose you could come back and order it again another three, that's where they've slipped up."

Oh i would bet my house they know, heck every ****** viewer knows Hayley, so it's streching the imagination to the extremese to believe the powers that be at IW don't know, plus you've said it enough times. The first time you said it, folks might have believed you, but as you say it on EVERY garden show with free P & P, it's now just a very boring and obviously deliberate lie.
Yeah the bit I've put in red bold, it gets SOooo tiresome to watch. The other night one of them was having a chat with the gallery during a show, saying the price was probably wrong and no doubt the bosses would have something to say the next day. Ha Ha HAaaaa, aye RIGHT :)

I hop on to TJC sometimes for a few mins here and there. It makes me chuckle when you watch the presenter pretend to be shocked when the guy talking from somewhere else in the world says 'take it down to £x'. Given they do this with 99% of the stuff they sell, why are you still acting 'surprised' Mr/Mrs presenter after being in the job for years?!? Muppets.

It's truly pathetic and, jokes aside, misleading. Trying to convince viewers pricing is wrong. But note they're not as daft as they look, very careful to use non committal words and phrases such as might, possibly, could be.

This price is almost certainly wrong ...
This compost could possibly give you the best results ever ...
I reckon this facial cream could be the best you've ever used ...
It's highly unlikely we'll ever have these back in stock ...
Will we ever do this price again? I seriously doubt it ...

Never, ever, do they use words that fully commit to their statements.

There is something very creepy about that grinning man flogging chairs today who looks like a Pelham Puppet from Bargain Hunt that failed to get a bid. I mean..I do have diagnosed puppet phobia, but I have not reacted so badly to a puppet incident since I imagined I was locked in a room entwined with the entire cast of Thunderbirds.

I see Shona the mattress expert, giving it the "can't think of anything else that gives a 10 year guarantee", even though she regularly flogs Dormeo mattresses with a 15 year guarantee. But anyway, she' so, so confident the Emma will last a lot longer than that, even though no Emma mattress will have even lasted that long yet, seeing as Emma are only a few years old. As for her gushing, about the machines testing the mattresses, so what, every mattress manufacturer have similar machines for testing their mattresses.

Was thinking earlier, that we nearly had a Basic Instinct moment while Shona was flogging the chairs during the furniture show, thought we're very close to a Shona Stone moment here. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Oh it's My Pillow with a 10 YEAR guarantee coming up and guess who is the expert, you've got it Shona "I can't think of any thing else that gives a 10 year guarantee" Lindsay. :ROFLMAO:

Geesh, Shona didn't take long for that lie to bite you on the arse, eh, just two shows between the Emma show and the My Pillow show. There again, you and Alex Knowles have both been caught out using that particular lie on quite a few occasions. ;):)

Is it me or are the Boneco fans lacking power, 4.5 metres per sec only equates to around 10mph.
Never has good old Alan actually shown the outgoing temp of these fans and reckons they are better than Air conditioning units which actually cool the air.
Couldn't say about power, never used one or seen one in the flesh.
But wouldn't trust a word good old Alan says, he's just another con artist, he may have bought 3, and bought heaps of other stuff from IW and would highly recommend all of that stuff, but until he buys & recommends stuff that he's NOT paid to sell, then I would take his recommendations with a huge pinch of salt.

Mike M telling his UTTERLY STUPID 'I had to wait 3 years' story

Ha Ha HAaaa ...
Well I believe him!
Yeah the bit I've put in red bold, it gets SOooo tiresome to watch. The other night one of them was having a chat with the gallery during a show, saying the price was probably wrong and no doubt the bosses would have something to say the next day. Ha Ha HAaaaa, aye RIGHT :)

I hop on to TJC sometimes for a few mins here and there. It makes me chuckle when you watch the presenter pretend to be shocked when the guy talking from somewhere else in the world says 'take it down to £x'. Given they do this with 99% of the stuff they sell, why are you still acting 'surprised' Mr/Mrs presenter after being in the job for years?!? Muppets.

It's truly pathetic and, jokes aside, misleading. Trying to convince viewers pricing is wrong. But note they're not as daft as they look, very careful to use non committal words and phrases such as might, possibly, could be.

This price is almost certainly wrong ...
This compost could possibly give you the best results ever ...
I reckon this facial cream could be the best you've ever used ...
It's highly unlikely we'll ever have these back in stock ...
Will we ever do this price again? I seriously doubt it ...

Never, ever, do they use words that fully commit to their statements.
There's a bloke on either Gems or TJC who does the shocked look really well. Great acting, followed by "it must be a mistake, you'd better take advantage before they notice". I bet people fall for that baloney...

If anybody is interested, you can get a used Buran Admiral with diamonds for £1860, very good condition, made in 2010, on Chrono 24.
I don't know much about watches, so I'm happy to stand corrected on my following comment. They were selling the Buran for £6k and said it would go up to in excess of £10k after the event. I struggled to find Buran watches for sale online at any more than £2-3k. Granted I didn't do an extensive search, and I appreciate the model for sale on IW is maybe a one off. However it still seems very steep price wise. Are there other Burans for sale out there at £5k +? As in new ones, not ones from years back that might have gone up in value.

Also, even if I liked it, I wouldn't be buying a £6k product from a selly telly channel.

Peter going all faux serious and sincere when selling expensive items doesn't work. Why? Cause he spends 80% of his time acting like a buffoon.

Also, even if I liked it, I wouldn't be buying a £6k product from a selly telly channel.

Peter going all faux serious and sincere when selling expensive items doesn't work. Why? Cause he spends 80% of his time acting like a buffoon.
I agree with this. A consequence of going proper Littlewoods Catalogue store, bargain basement, pile-'em high, sell 'em cheap is that you've both set expectations and set an audience. You can't try to flog a £6,000 watch alongside the rest of the tat - they might as well chuck in a Givenchy gown amongst the £8 Sugar Crap/Emelia tops and Bengalines. They're trying to have it all.

Dirty Peter is the worst presenter to give high value items to sell, because he is so irredeemably cheap and incompetent that you wouldn't trust him to run a whelk stall. Peter needs to stick to the plasticky tat (i.e. 95% of their inventory) which can be effectively sold on 'comedy' alone. The only person who could realistically give selling a high-priced item a good shot now would be Shaun, or possibly Dennice on a good day - such is the general incompetence, sloppiness and 'budget' approach of the rest of the presenters.

I have no sympathy for IW. They made a conscious decision to take the company significantly downmarket, and that comes with consequences. I've love to see their management accounts.

I agree with this. A consequence of going proper Littlewoods Catalogue store, bargain basement, pile-'em high, sell 'em cheap is that you've both set expectations and set an audience. You can't try to flog a £6,000 watch alongside the rest of the tat - they might as well chuck in a Givenchy gown amongst the £8 Sugar Crap/Emelia tops and Bengalines. They're trying to have it all.

Dirty Peter is the worst presenter to give high value items to sell, because he is so irredeemably cheap and incompetent that you wouldn't trust him to run a whelk stall. Peter needs to stick to the plasticky tat (i.e. 95% of their inventory) which can be effectively sold on 'comedy' alone. The only person who could realistically give selling a high-priced item a good shot now would be Shaun, or possibly Dennice on a good day - such is the general incompetence, sloppiness and 'budget' approach of the rest of the presenters.

I have no sympathy for IW. They made a conscious decision to take the company significantly downmarket, and that comes with consequences. I've love to see their management accounts.
What a brilliant post, well written and I agree with every word.

He is still getting away with it. “£60 on four flexis.” What he means is £240 over four payments. Unfortunately, there is nobody with any interest to seriously police what he says. They’ve been told enough already and done nothing.
Complain to the ASA - the more people do this, the more pressure will build on the company to moderate their deceitfulness. It worked for those other shysters - Bid TV.

There are also too many examples of things being described as 'gold' or 'silver' when they are coloured base metal (i.e. not even plated) - Ms Jacks was describing a pendant as 'gold', and I've heard Peter misdescribe what an item is made of more than once. Like the example you give, they do it because they can get away with it without consequence.

The trick of using a single flexipay instalment in lieu of the full cost: 'Yours for £15....(on three flexis and your P&P)' is a particularly egregious example of their general deceitfulness and I think they're skating on thin ice with it. They're getting too close to entirely 'forgetting' to mention the instalment element of it, for obvious reasons.

I don't know much about watches, so I'm happy to stand corrected on my following comment. They were selling the Buran for £6k and said it would go up to in excess of £10k after the event. I struggled to find Buran watches for sale online at any more than £2-3k. Granted I didn't do an extensive search, and I appreciate the model for sale on IW is maybe a one off. However it still seems very steep price wise. Are there other Burans for sale out there at £5k +? As in new ones, not ones from years back that might have gone up in value.

The only difference i can see with the other Buran models is this one has diamonds and the others don't, and for the life of me can't see the Diamonds adding over £10,000 -£15,000 to the RRP value that the other Burans have. Although don't know a lot about Buran and certainly know sod all about diamonds. ;):ROFLMAO:

The Buran flagman is a similar specs watch, but no diamonds it sells for around £3,000 including duty, would diamonds add another £3,000 to the retail price that IW are asking? Need a diamond expert on the forum to tell us.

I think one telling factor is the link i posted, £1860 the guy is selling for (for us would be duty on that but still under £2,500), it's in good condition from the pics, if the watch was an £18,000 watch and only 10 made as Peter Simon says, I highly doubt it would be sold at 10% of it's original value. Ok not all watches keep their value, but when you get away from a lot of the affordable throw away type watches then you would be expect more than 10% of the original price, especially if it's in very good condition.

Latest posts

Back