Marlawynne TSV 25/06/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Launched by Knuckles Kramer, then Eilidh & Queen Julia later in the day, they'll all rave about the pockets, as they always do.

Attachments

• Trousers TSV 1.jpg
    Trousers TSV 1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 139
  • Trousers TSV 2.jpg
    Trousers TSV 2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 136
  • Trousers TSV 3.jpg
    Trousers TSV 3.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 142
  • Trousers TSV 4.jpg
    Trousers TSV 4.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 136
  • Trousers TSV 5.jpg
    Trousers TSV 5.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 144
I normally agree with LATI and Boffy, but I won't buy trousers that don't have pockets. I struggle enough to get the right length leg and with little or no elastene in the fabric, so the deal breaker is having no pockets. I need somewhere to put my hands.

On Grammar - the use of words beginning with H can sometime irritate. At school (and perhaps Tori can correct me or not) I was taught that it was correct to say ..... an hotel rather than a hotel.

I normally agree with LATI and Boffy, but I won't buy trousers that don't have pockets. I struggle enough to get the right length leg and with little or no elastene in the fabric, so the deal breaker is having no pockets. I need somewhere to put my hands.

On Grammar - the use of words beginning with H can sometime irritate. At school (and perhaps Tori can correct me or not) I was taught that it was correct to say ..... an hotel rather than a hotel.
I agree with LATI about the bulk but I love pockets in trousers. I have some M&S trousers and the pockets are made in such a way that they are on the hip and the front of the pants. So not sticking out making my ample hips look even bigger. But some designs are not so good x

I wonder if they shorten the rise on the petite or just the length. They look a bit baggy on the models. I won’t be buying anyway. They’ll be a silly price and I don’t think capri’s flatter shorter women and the thought of being disappointed and having to send them back is a no-no. I love the dusty blue colour though.

Yes we were taught an hotel and no commas when using and but etc.

The false fly on those look a bit strange if you ask me, and they're a bit baggy round the crotch area .I'm not so keen on the way they hang either. I think they're trying to be too many things but not succeeding in any of them!
I rarely use my trouser pockets but I think certain styles need to have them for design sake (eg jeans), I do like a pocket on things even if it's just to put my hands in!

I was taught the same. However I guess that both would be acceptable. When you say “an hotel” the pronunciation often drifts to “an ’otel.” When you say “a hotel” the “h“ stays there. 🙄

The sky blue trousers are a pretty colour but they'll be far too pricey.

It surely is an hotel, an hour etc. As for "an 'otel" it's like Craig saying Kelly Oppen. Why does he do that?

CC

I like the trousers, and will probably buy at least one pair.

I can give a definitive answer on 'an hotel' or 'a hotel'. The answer is the latter. I'm a proofreader, and yes, proofreader it is one word.

The sky blue trousers are a pretty colour but they'll be far too pricey.

It surely is an hotel, an hour etc. As for "an 'otel" it's like Craig saying Kelly Oppen. Why does he do that?

CC
With hotel you pronounce the h. With hour, the h is silent. Having repeated “an hotel” to myself several time, I actually say “an ‘otel,” which is easier than saying “an hotel.”

I’ve never even thought about what I say when talking about hotels until I saw the original post about it. 😳 Now I’ll probably get a complex and will say “posh B&B instead. 😉

The H is getting lost in today's enunciation - along with the T in some sections of communities. 'Hello' becomes 'ello'. Perhaps we should use the Spanish version of 'Ola ! '

I don’t usually drop my aitches except when I refer to an ‘otel. Maybe it’s because of where I come from, or maybe it’s my rebelling against the years of elocution lessons we had to endure at the school at which I was a pupil. 😉

Latest posts

Back