Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

FFS that ****** linear treadmill is back again, only sold out a few days ago.
Now with a demo from a granny who looks like she was an extra in Shaun of the dead.

I'm just waiting for Jenny's story to come on for the millionth time this year.:giggle:
As we've said before, this is what makes a complete mockery of their urgent-toned 'you must buy now, this is gonna sell out!' sales tactic. To an extent, it would be a valid approach if the item wasn't due back on air for say at least 2 months. However, given much of their stuff shows up again x days later or after a couple of weeks, it just makes the whole urgency thing completely and utterly unwarranted.

Shaun - "tell us about the brand"

Bordell - "They started in 2003, it was launched with lots of premium Swiss brands, they were different, they were innovative, blah, blah"

More lies from the con artist, that's the history of the original Nubeo, which were made in Switzerland, which is no longer with us, not the Nubeo you're flogging, their history is Solar Time acquired the old defunct Nubeo's name and started a totally new Nubeo brand, which are made in China.
Let's face it, on any selly telly not just Unideal World, very few products have true heritage.

Mike M has completely the wrong sales pitch when doing the Hoover vacs. He tells the story of his dear old ma and how he remembers her using a Hoover when he was a child. It eventually gave up, sucked its last suck as he says, so what did his ma do? Well of course, she went out and bought another Hoover. He then talks about all these other brands that come along with their 'bells and whistles', however they invariably aren't as good as Hoover, who are the original and the best.

So what is the viewer to think when you're on a couple of days later selling a different brand of vacuum, telling us it's the best thing since sliced bread?!?

As others have said, it's almost as if they treat each show as being in a bubble, completely standalone, with absolutely no thought of what they've said in previous shows or will say in future ones.

Was it shown as being the cheapest it has ever been shown at compared to the last even cheaper price since the last cheapest price that was more than the last one?
Yep.
Supposedly the cheapest ever price, with the discount at checkout £269.99 + £9.99 p&p.

In fact both models are still in stock on the website.:sneaky:

Last edited:
I see the strategy now for flexi pay is now to say "get this home for only £££" but neglect to say is how many flexis, Shona has been saying this most of the morning, she has spend too much time with Peter "I've been on shopping tv for xx years but cannot make my mind up how many" simon.

Just watch a BBQ show, and some of the lids, tray etc are pretty manky, do they not give them a proper clean before going on air. Thought to myself, why don't IW use Shadazzle, which Simon Iles says is great for cleaning burnt in grease from ovens, pans, grills & BBQs etc, for cleaning the BBQ stuff? Or maybe they have and it just doesn't work on real burnt in grease just the fake studio grease. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Just watch a BBQ show, and some of the lids, tray etc are pretty manky, do they not give them a proper clean before going on air. Thought to myself, why don't IW use Shadazzle, which Simon Iles says is great for cleaning burnt in grease from ovens, pans, grills & BBQs etc, for cleaning the BBQ stuff? Or maybe they have and it just doesn't work on real burnt in grease just the fake studio grease. ;) :ROFLMAO:
Don't show me a carpet cleaner on freshly spilled stuff, show me how well it cleans a real-life dirty section of carpet.

Don't show me general cleaners on freshly applied grease (even if you have burnt it on), show me how well it cleans a real-life dirty, baked on grease pan/cookware.

Don't show me sink unblocker unblocking some polystyrene balls and/or dry hairballs that wash away no problem. Show me how well it unblocks a genuinely blocked section of pipework.

Studio demos mean nothing, absolutely nothing. I was using my 10 year old vacuum the other day with the power turned down and low and behold, the stuff in front was being sucked in before the vacuum head reached it. A 10 year old, middle of the range vacuum!

Like I say, beware the studio demo, especially when combined with a selly telly presenter ;)

Varney – ‘We’ll haven’t even got to the springs yet, really important, cause they’re nothing like springs, think of it Dormeo re-engineering the springs.’

Pretenty bed expert Alex pointing to the pocket springs – After 3 years of development, what they came up with was this”

Actually don’t know why Dormeo would need to spend 3 years in developing and re-engineering the springs to come up with the pocket spring, they already existed, the pocket spring was invented 130 years ago.

Pretenty bed expert Alex – ‘sprung mattresses are 150 years old technology

Yeah and pocket springs are 130 year old tech, so what’s your point?

Pretenty bed expert Alex – ‘Recommended it to friends and Family’

What you didn’t buy it yourself, oh that’s right it’s Emma you favour, strange you wouldn’t recommend the mattress you sleep on to friends and family, oh wait, I remember now, on Emma shows, it’s the Emma mattress you said you recommend to friends and family. :rolleyes:

Mike M has completely the wrong sales pitch when doing the Hoover vacs. He tells the story of his dear old ma and how he remembers her using a Hoover when he was a child. It eventually gave up, sucked its last suck as he says, so what did his ma do? Well of course, she went out and bought another Hoover. He then talks about all these other brands that come along with their 'bells and whistles', however they invariably aren't as good as Hoover, who are the original and the best.

So what is the viewer to think when you're on a couple of days later selling a different brand of vacuum, telling us it's the best thing since sliced bread?!?

As others have said, it's almost as if they treat each show as being in a bubble, completely standalone, with absolutely no thought of what they've said in previous shows or will say in future ones.

Yeah, every product they sell, in every show is the best and as we've said before, that's ok if they only sell one brand of a particular product, but if they are selling the same product, in this case vacuum cleaner, from multiple brands then it just confirms they are a bunch of deceitful liars.

You can also add, that they not only is every product the best, but everything made from the best quality materials you can get, high end, equal in quality to the very best product in any shop anywhere in all four corners of the world, and everything they sell has been bought by and is highly recommended by friends, family, celebrities, and every Tom Dick and Harry out there, oh and Dave Lyndon.

My Pillow show this evening, pretendy expert Alex says memory foam pillows are rubbish as they get too hot but when selling memory foam mattresses they are cooling, but what is the filling in the my pillows, foam which are shredded used foam mattresses.
Apparently the pillows are total crap as you cannot contact them in Coventry to return them for a refund within the 60 days, reviews are rubbish on trustpilot and those who have ordered through Ideal get fobbed of as they tend to send you just the one pillow instead to the bogof deal.

Ha ha, like how Mason went into a tune, then a musical discussion, to distract from the fact he couldn't get the lock on the watch case to work. :ROFLMAO:

Also strange how Clawley often refers to the brands as though he has no connection with them, like he's just an independent distributor / guest giving an unbiased view. Yet he's a sales director at the Dartmouth brands.

You can tell how unbiased he is by his comments on the Tourbillon watch - "to give you an example of Tourbillons that go on the world market, Tourbillon movements generally go between sixty grand and to 1.5 million if you're doing a Richard Mille. blah blah blah, eighteen hundred quid for a tourbillon is ridiculous super value, that should really be ten grand in today's money."

Great honest, unbiased example for prices of Tourbillon watches, if we're talking about/selling Tourbillon watches from high end luxury independent Swiss watchmakers that make their own Tourbillon movements, except the watch he is selling isn't from some high end Swiss watchmaker, it's from Solar Time in Hong Kong, and he didn't give examples of the prices for Tourbillon movements from the actual Country that this Tourbillon movement is made, ie China, which start at a few hundred pounds on the world market, not 60 grand. ;)

For accuracy and if anybody is really interested in the watch and wonder what movement is in it, seeing as Clawley doesn't seem willing to divulge, it's the PTS 3450A from PTS Resources (Hong Kong) which is part of the Hangzhou Watch Co.

Just another con artist.

Delusional Mason on the Tefal – “now, I’m about to do something that I shouldn’t do and I’m going to get into a lot of trouble for it, but we’re going to do it right. Already busy on this and when you see this it’s £170 on our web site, add it into your basket, we’re going to take another 10% off that price, right.”

Got you Mike, even though you shouldn’t do it and you’ll get into trouble, out of the goodness of your own heart you’ve decide to give everyone 10% off. Wonderful gesture Mike, and a super, super well done to the rest of the Ideal World staff, for foreseeing this off the cuff gesture of yours, and having the web site etc, pre prepared and ready to apply the 10% discount before you had even announced your amazing offer. :rolleyes:

He comes out with some right :poop: at times.

I must admit that I don't watch much selly telly these days (QVC seems to be dominated by products aimed at the ladies) but every time I turn IW on I'm confronted by the awful foghorn Jacks. Is she the only presenter on that channel?

I tell a little lie, I did see a snippet of a watch show the other day (must have been Sally's hour off) which featured a luxury brand that I'd never heard of 'Nubeo'?

Latest posts

Back