How do you get sucked in?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

in desperation I ordered a few dresses from Q but returned them today 2nd class £3.30 each dress. Even the woman in the PO was aghast that it was separate postage out and in.

Thats me finished with Q .

I’ve been using both the small ones and the large ones to dry myself on the beach after swimming!

[ Quote attributed to wrong person! ]

I use a small one after a bath/shower just to get the surplus water off me, before using a bath towel, as the towel then doesn't get very damp. And it is much easier to wash and dry a cloth than a large bath towel.

I have the Satchi ones from aeons ago. I gave a couple away, but they have been worth their weight in gold over the years to me.

in desperation I ordered a few dresses from Q but returned them today 2nd class £3.30 each dress. Even the woman in the PO was aghast that it was separate postage out and in.

I cheated when I sent back multiple items. I packed each separately then taped them together and paid one lot of postage I don't buy anything now if I'm not 100% sure

In my store we do multibuys, adult paperbacks are £2 each or 3 for £5 and kids picture books are £2 each, 3 for £5 or 10 for £10.

Some years ago the company tried doing them all at £2 each with no multibuy offer and sales fell off the cliff!

I too hate the multipack approach. I did buy the cool bags - they’re great. And two lots of cloths (over two years - great quality). My most recent purchase (now on its way back) the cooling towels. As my daughter said they’re just wet towels and who wants a wet towel round their neck. The dog hates them too!
If I’d been able to buy one and try it, would have been so much better, but where’s the profit for Q in that. Sick of the give one to a friend, relative, neighbour, teacher (at Xmas) approach. No just give me the option to buy what I need

I use Hermes for my returns. Use the link on QVC website.

if I have more than one order to return: I write the order numbers on the Hermes form you have to complete. Sometimes you might only have room for part of the number but I want a record. I parcel up each item separately in a bag with the QVC label on the package and then put all the packages in a box (usually an old Amazon box). I take a photo of the inside of the parcel so you can see each individual package. I seal that up and then stick the Hermes label on the box. I have a nice Hermes man who collects it.

I have only ever had one issue and had the evidence to show QVC. Most I have done is 5 in one, that’s after Xmas. It does take longer but I can track which item is acknowledged as returned - there can be days between packages.

I don’t buy that much these days so haven’t done it since January. It’s one way to save on the return costs and have a record in case of dispute

I cheated when I sent back multiple items. I packed each separately then taped them together and paid one lot of postage I don't buy anything now if I'm not 100% sure
With you on that! Any purchases are things I know I will not return.Have come away from the PO after seeing off a return saying I will NEVER do that again, I did of course but not any more.If it is an expensive item I have paid up to £20.

[ Quote attributed to wrong person! ]

I use a small one after a bath/shower just to get the surplus water off me, before using a bath towel, as the towel then doesn't get very damp. And it is much easier to wash and dry a cloth than a large bath towel.
Not sure you should be advertising the fact you only need a small cloth to dry yourself off after a shower

It's a bit like the 3 for 2 offers they always have in Boots.
Do I really want 3 of the same thing? only if it's something I always buy anyway, otherwise no.
At least in Boots, you can mix n match but it's only worth it if you really need at least two of the items. I get more caught out more by spending a minimum amount to get free shipping.

I too hate the multipack approach. I did buy the cool bags - they’re great. And two lots of cloths (over two years - great quality). My most recent purchase (now on its way back) the cooling towels. As my daughter said they’re just wet towels and who wants a wet towel round their neck. The dog hates them too!
If I’d been able to buy one and try it, would have been so much better, but where’s the profit for Q in that. Sick of the give one to a friend, relative, neighbour, teacher (at Xmas) approach. No just give me the option to buy what I need
I was extremely dubious, thought the demo was snake oil. But I am now impressed after a few false starts.

In fact, you have to wring them out so they almost feel dry. And the activation really does make them cooler.

But what impressed me most is that when they no longer feel cool, just shake them, and they immediately become cold again, without having to rewet them. And you can do this time after time.

But I've no idea how it works, seems like magic to me.

I don't mind the things like the Kochblume cloths being sold in a multipack as you can never have too many cloths, though it's a shame that you can't get packs of mixed colours so you can colour code them for different rooms/tasks. A lot of the stuff - agreed, you are buying stuff you don't need. Shame some of these sets don't have the option to buy single units. I bought the set of five insulated shopping bags, yes they're great, but I only really needed a couple!

That, of course, is a deliberate QVC ploy to get more PP out of their customers.

To get a mixture of colours, you have to pay FULL PP on each colour, even it they are all ordered at the same time. I HATE QVC sometimes!!

I was extremely dubious, thought the demo was snake oil. But I am now impressed after a few false starts.

In fact, you have to wring them out so they almost feel dry. And the activation really does make them cooler.

But what impressed me most is that when they no longer feel cool, just shake them, and they immediately become cold again, without having to rewet them. And you can do this time after time.

But I've no idea how it works, seems like magic to me.
I told you! Magic!😇

That, of course, is a deliberate QVC ploy to get more PP out of their customers.

To get a mixture of colours, you have to pay FULL PP on each colour, even it they are all ordered at the same time. I HATE QVC sometimes!!
Yes, it's ****** criminal really! This idea of buying more than one of something but double p&p because you're buying it a different colour is frankly ridiculous, and so is offering a measly half price p&p if you buy something identical. it's an insult. Cap the flaming p&p at £3.99 fgs, you can afford to Q!

On the subject of p&p they were trying to shift Marla's drama kimonos again for £97 & £5.95 P&P...like it's not expensive enough at nearly £100! When the show finished I turned over to IW to see them presenting a Peacocks fashion hour. The stuff looked lovely, and for the price of that Kimono( that's not even lined and has a thick seam visible inside the back) You could have bought 2 denim jackets there was 2 colours, a maxi dress, a pair of leggings, a pair of summer trousers, a really pretty top and a cotton vest ! The vest was £4 btw. The stuff looked really wearable and well made..and guess what p&p was £3.99 and if you spent more than £20 it was free!!!! What a difference eh?!

Last edited:
They’d do better if they had capped P&P.

Ideal World often have that so you can buy as much as you like in one transaction and the capped P&P is usually cheaper than the postage for one item from QVC.

Other companies thrive despite the fact that their P&P is free so QVC really need to get their act together.

If the lost the massive profit on P&p they might have to look at other ways to make it up.

Get shot of half of the tat peddlers and most of the BA and they would be quids in as we would get a double whammy- free post and less ear ache from the presenters.

If the lost the massive profit on P&p they might have to look at other ways to make it up.

Get shot of half of the tat peddlers and most of the BA and they would be quids in as we would get a double whammy- free post and less ear ache from the presenters.
I just put up a review of the solar lamps.

In the non-public part that asks whether you would recommend QVC, I said NO and gave a score of 0 out of 10 and said that their PP was too high and should be capped for multiple orders.

Latest posts

Back