Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When they have these so called experts on, why does Ronald do the most talking? It isn’t the presenter’s job to do the ‘expert’s’.

Ego, they all love the sound of their own voices.

Also the problem with pretendy experts is, there's a limit to what they can say without giving away the game that they ain't no expert and look stupid, so interrupting them is probably part of the con, trouble for IW is they can't even do that well. ;):ROFLMAO:

While some Milanese straps can be better quality, the ones they have on these watches will be from China, you can bet they cost nowhere near Peter Simon's value, prob between £5-£10 at most.

Exactly. I'm not sure if you caught the Accurist show with him last night, but without a word of a lie, it's like he was a broken record or a droid (as I've hinted at before ;)) on some sort of loop. Maybe he was getting an extra 10p each time he said Milanese ... or as he says it, Milanesey!!!

Come on, this is the Accurist Milanesey!!
I've never seen a Milanesey like this!!
A genuine Milanesey for 70 quid?!?
THE STRAP WOULD COST YI THAT!!!
Buy it, right, just buy it! The Accurist Milanesey!!!
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey

Exactly. I'm not sure if you caught the Accurist show with him last night, but without a word of a lie, it's like he was a broken record or a droid (as I've hinted at before ;)) on some sort of loop. Maybe he was getting an extra 10p each time he said Milanese ... or as he says it, Milanesey!!!

Come on, this is the Accurist Milanesey!!
I've never seen a Milanesey like this!!
A genuine Milanesey for 70 quid?!?
THE STRAP WOULD COST YI THAT!!!
Buy it, right, just buy it! The Accurist Milanesey!!!
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey
Milanesey

Just saw little bits a, Peter in his "over the top" spitting mode and the guest was boring so didn't watch as much as other watch programs. Plus don't really have issues with Accurist like I do with some of the other brands, Accurist is just an inexpensive watch brand they (although IW do) don't pretend to be something they are not, used to have a higher standing back in the day, like Sekonda etc, but these days just do as i say inexpensive watches, fine for folks just wanting a nice looking cheap watch.

Think his obsession with Milanese is another of these ideas he's gotten from Kevin Reynolds, like Bombay glass :ROFLMAO:, past couple of years Reynolds has made a big deal about Milanese straps on the Vostok Europe watches and Peter has just followed suit as though they're the bees knees. Have you noticed he also says first layer leathers all the time now, something he never said till he heard Baby Fields spouting that rubbish.

Is this the new fashion style, oversized garments that look like they're 10 sizes to big for you? :unsure:

Maybe just me getting old, but they look cheap and unflattering.

Suppose they would be good for camping, could double up as a tent. ;)
Tat churned out in Asia for a few pence, sold as if it's been designed by the world's top designers and made from the finest materials.

I heard one of the presenters last night referring to 'viscose' as if it's equivalent to 100% silk!!! Next they'll be boasting about stuff being 100% polyester :) :) :)

Is this the new fashion style, oversized garments that look like they're 10 sizes to big for you? :unsure:

Maybe just me getting old, but they look cheap and unflattering.

Suppose they would be good for camping, could double up as a tent. ;)
They are excellent if you have a little extra ‘soft flesh’ as they call it, aka fat 😁

Just saw little bits a, Peter in his "over the top" spitting mode and the guest was boring so didn't watch as much as other watch programs. Plus don't really have issues with Accurist like I do with some of the other brands, Accurist is just an inexpensive watch brand they (although IW do) don't pretend to be something they are not, used to have a higher standing back in the day, like Sekonda etc, but these days just do as i say inexpensive watches, fine for folks just wanting a nice looking cheap watch.

Think his obsession with Milanese is another of these ideas he's gotten from Kevin Reynolds, like Bombay glass :ROFLMAO:, past couple of years Reynolds has made a big deal about Milanese straps on the Vostok Europe watches and Peter has just followed suit as though they're the bees knees. Have you noticed he also says first layer leathers all the time now, something he never said till he heard Baby Fields spouting that rubbish.
I just looked on eBay. The first product offered on a search for Milanese strap is £3.88, with free postage. Almost all are cheaper than a fiver. What is PS on?

Got a phone call this morning from a solicitor. They are acting on behalf of a distant relative of mine who sadly passed away. I was shocked to hear this distant relative has left me a watch from their estate. The solicitor advised the watch, an extremely rare Rolex made over a century ago, is worth tens of thousands of pounds.

As you'll appreciate, I had only one question for the solicitor.

'Does this watch have a milanesey strap?'

'No'
was the answer.

I hung up there and then.

Good on you chappie.

Absolutely disgraceful that. It would only be worth a tenner without the milanesssseeeeey strap.

Tell us, did you spit down the phone in shear excitement at the thought? Only to have those dreams crushed, by no strap.
I'm not even a football fan but for some reason this football chant/song popped into my head ...

There's only one Milanesey
One Milaneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesey
There's only one Milanesey

:)

It’s funny how IW give you different stories, to suit the product on screen, on different days, just today:-

We had Peter V contradicting Alan Ennis, Alan is always telling us how great the Boneco air shower fan is, as it moves air around faster and moving air is cold air, yet Peter while selling the Beldray Air cooler, says these other fans don’t really cool the air as they are only circulate warm air, only a dedicated air cooler cools the air, who do we believe?

Just now we have Kerry flogging the Vibrapower with a seat, asking the guy, who is sitting on the seat,how tall he is, 6’2”, and then stating how using the seat gives him and everyone else better posture when sitting on/using the machine, which is strange as I don’t ever remember them ever, ever saying that sitting directly on/using a Vibrapower without a seat won’t be the best posture for you while using the machine.:unsure:

Now now, there will be absolutely no doubting petey v, my good friend. He just gets excited by stories he tells, which he writes down on his amazing, brand new refurbished iphone 7, so he can show the world, on itv at midnight.

I'll let you in on a little secret. Gen writes on it too, just so that petey doesn't forget to tell everyone to CHECK OUT YOUR BASKETS. She really did write in all capitals.

Some watch shows this weekend, Bordell tonight, and unusual for him, he has some actual decent watches in the form of Eterna, of course he'll still be conning folk with his mass of Chinese made watches with fake history and heritage and then we have Reynolds Tomorrow.

On Tomorrow's show, the Elica is back, that monstrosity of a watch with the "Bombay glass" is back, all 3 colourways, and strangely, according to their web site, at the same price , I say strangely as last week Peter Simon had this to say. Bit in red is mine not Peter.

Peter in his serious speaking mode – “We’re going now to the 2nd World launch of a Mathey-Tissot Elica Sellita SW200 movement (That should actually be SW200-1, well i hope it is, as the SW200 was an older movement with problems, easily broken teeth on ratchet/gear wheels when being hand wound). There are 3 colourways, and there are very little stock. They were £1400 and it was going to come to air at £800, they took another 10% off, ok, that further 10% off has taken you down to £720, you will pay on four flexis, £180 on four flexis. You’re the first to see it, you’re the first to own it and you’re the only ones that are going to get this discount, now let me just clarify that. This is the only 90 minutes with the 10% off on the show that shouldn’t have been here, that’s us, on the fact that we didn’t know we were going to get and it was looking as if it would be the following week that this Elica watch would come to us. You’ve also got the capped p & p, but it will end, this is the only chance to get these with this offer off, and I’ll be honest with you initially this wasn’t the case.”

Of course Reynolds responded with the price is wrong, even the £1400 is wrong for a watch of this quality. It's all wrong i tell you. :ROFLMAO:

So obviously wasn't the only 90 minutes, show or last chance to get these at those prices, a case of Peter and his rush the buyer tactics, must buy now, only chance to get, never to be seen again at these prices. ;):ROFLMAO:

Will also be interesting how Reynolds describes the watches with the ETA movements tomorrow, last week, because it was only a Sellita movement on the show, it was like ETAs are a thing of the past and the Sellitas are the new kings of the block, even watch collectors are saying on the forums they are better than the ETAs. Wonder if he'll be back to being they're best things since sliced bread and since Aviator won't be able to buy them anymore you must purchase this watch as you won't get it again with a legendary ETA movement. ;)

Latest posts

Back