Cringeworthy Presentation

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Avid

Registered Shopper
Plesse can someone have a quiet word with Nitesh and let him know that constantly talking over the presenters doesn't make for good watching?

This morning he talked over Vicki during a New York close out presentation. He doesn't listen, thereis no flow, he just blurts words out. No conversation - repeats the same mantras over and over again. They took the camera off of Vicki in the end as she wasn't able to get a word in edgeways. What a shame.

TJC please take note.

Plesse can someone have a quiet word with Nitesh and let him know that constantly talking over the presenters doesn't make for good watching?

This morning he talked over Vicki during a New York close out presentation. He doesn't listen, thereis no flow, he just blurts words out. No conversation - repeats the same mantras over and over again. They took the camera off of Vicki in the end as she wasn't able to get a word in edgeways. What a shame.

TJC please take note.
I couldn’t agree more. I’ve never been a fan of having the buyers on screen. I find it very uncomfortable to watch, and it doesn’t take much these days to make me switch over. Presenting is a different skill which they don’t have. Buyers usually shift between ‘looking like a rabbit caught in the headlights’ or they just randomly shout information. If I walked into a shop and the sales assistants behaved like this, I would walk out.

I so agree. What makes them think that men in suits shouting incomprehensibly over the presenters encourages viewers to buy? They obviously haven't thought this through. Why employ Presenters, trained to speak clearly and then add buyers into the mix to gabble over them? I feel great sympathy for the presenters who have to sit there having their presentation trashed and shouted over whilst they are left only to assume their fake, surprised faces.

TJC please take note.
I can’t watch any of the Buyers. I remember when it started, most of the time those guys were like rabbits caught in the headlights. They had zero presentation skills and it seems that nothing has changed! They would blurt out whatever was being said to them in their earpiece and were unable to carry on a conversation with the presenter. Truly awful viewing. And as they’ve been doing it for so long, nothing will change.

Yes, it's absolutely horrendous. The other day one of the buyers just keep shouting "collector, don't miss out on this stunning opportunity". The presenter tried to maintain a flow of discourse which was a valiant effort while the buyer ignoring him completely continuing shouting that sentence. It's very bizarre. I have never watched anything quite like that

Its embarrassing. I notice that Chloe never has to struggle through a presentation with a buyer, accept Anshu. I dread to think what would happen if she had to put up with Vikram saying ‘Like, you know’ dozens of times in a presentation.

Or Nitesh saying "in terms of" repeatedly. I think Adi is the most watchable. He manages to build some rapport with the presenters and they joke around quite a lot. I am sure the buyers have important knowledge to convey but they are not managing to do that successfully

Fled from Gemporia today as I couldn’t even have Angeline and Cherry on as background noise, to TJC and Chris and Anshu. Beyond cringeworthy. Really embarrassing. Anshu was having a meltdown over some French Connection watches that were not shifting at £29.99. Now Chris is waffling about a Rhapsody Tanzanite ring at £1695. 99 that must be a sellout. Nine minutes to go and 1 sold. Can’t wait to see how many will be left at the end of the presentation!

I also fled from Gemporia to TJC and I am so glad I did so. I absolutely love Anshu's meltdowns. "Cooooome ooooon, people". He had another meltdown because no one was buying yet another highly expensive tanzanite. This time with independent certification! Apparently that only convinced 4 people to part with their money. They were astonished there weren't more buyers I was astonished there were so many. Now comes Vicki with the matching earrings. she is not going to have a meltdown if they don't sell.... So I will miss Anshu

Oh Deasmum, thank heavens someone else saw it!! Yes, the Queen of Sparkle is too professional to berate customers for not buying. That will be Tony’s job, as he’s up later to help me appreciate what’s on the table.

I am hoping that magic will happen soon with a Tony meltdown! They are more probable when he is selling his own stones, which is currently the case. I will watch until his show is over with eagerness

I am watching more and more TJC and less Gemporia. I am not sure why, I cannot put my finger on it, but I am finding Gemporia terribly annoying. I usually keep it in the background and the shouting and rapid speaking is grating on my nerves. I find TJC much more pleasant. I like Vicki Browne in particular. Mark Gould reminds me of a good friend of mine that I grew up with, so I end up enjoying his presentations as well. And the meltdowns and hard sell from the buyers/ managers are simply hilarious

I like Jenny a lot, but my favourite is Chloe. I cannot watch Lindsay or Stacey, and Peter Sherlock is a definite switch off/turn over. I really only started watching it at the start of the pandemic, again for background noise, as we started working from home almost immediately, and I missed the office. I think Chloe’s shows during the pandemic were great.

I think Chloe has certainly an advantage over too many presenters: her presentations are calm without histrionics. At present, I cannot stand hysterical presenters. Oh, Cris and Anshu are trying to sell a pendant for a 999.99 pounds and they are surprised they are not selling like hot cakes. These are my favourite TJC moments because they are so absurd: yes, most people are just itching to part with a 1000 pounds for some pendant on a random Saturday afternoon, despite the price hikes in cost of living!

TJC please take note.
These people are not made for tv, they are the buyers pushing a sale, and for me it’s what cheapens the channel. There is no need, it keeps them in a job.

Or Nitesh saying "in terms of" repeatedly. I think Adi is the most watchable. He manages to build some rapport with the presenters and they joke around quite a lot. I am sure the buyers have important knowledge to convey but they are not managing to do that successfully
He’s disappeared lately.

I like Jenny a lot, but my favourite is Chloe. I cannot watch Lindsay or Stacey, and Peter Sherlock is a definite switch off/turn over. I really only started watching it at the start of the pandemic, again for background noise, as we started working from home almost immediately, and I missed the office. I think Chloe’s shows during the pandemic were great.
I did too Kit, but recently found Chloe annoying and acting like a spoilt brat, Mark also does the same sometimes, why don’t they just present, who cares if items are not sold, QVC don’t get on like that.

Its embarrassing. I notice that Chloe never has to struggle through a presentation with a buyer, accept Anshu. I dread to think what would happen if she had to put up with Vikram saying ‘Like, you know’ dozens of times in a presentation.

Latest posts

Back