Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just look at the seconds hand at the 6o'clock sub dial, jumping all over 🤔 quality movement 🙄🤣

It happened on a couple of the watches usually between 5-10 seconds on the sub dial, maybe they have only the display models that has been spouted previously.

What is the point of the caged watch when you cannot see the dials fully :eek:

The so called expert foolishly told a story about the red pusher and then said the the red pusher was exclusive to Swan and Edgar but.................

Our trademark – or the legend of the red button​

He placed a kiss lovingly on her brow as she slept before quietly leaving the apartment. As he looked at his Hanhart watch in the hangar, a smile flitted over his lips: she had painted the button with her red nail varnish so that he would think of her always and return safe and sound …
This is the legend behind the red button – the distinctive trademark that has characterized Hanhart since the company first introduced its chronographs in 1938. The button has been painted, in particular to prevent pilots from unintentionally zeroing the stop time.

Just look at the seconds hand at the 6o'clock sub dial, jumping all over 🤔 quality movement 🙄🤣

Reminds you of the stuttering seconds hand on Miyota 8215 movements. Although with the Miyota, because a lot of folks have investigated it (because second hand has an indirect drive system instead of direct) we know is doesn't effect the time keeping, don't know if these Chinese movements have had the same scrutiny to see how it effects the accuracy, the other problem is finding out what movements is in them, Swan & Edgar don't state and of course with no display backs it's hard to find out the movement ourselves.

It happened on a couple of the watches usually between 5-10 seconds on the sub dial, maybe they have only the display models that has been spouted previously.

What is the point of the caged watch when you cannot see the dials fully :eek:

It's also happens on some of the Earnshaw watches, the Westminster was the worst, they jumped at the 5-10 secs as well, but also had a 3 second jump between 20-25 seconds. Obviously a problem in some Chinese movements with small seconds sub dials.

Hayley and Peter "Greatest selly telly Tech expert of all time" V, flogging the Beldray cordless vacuum again.

I really dislike their misleading run time info they give, like comparing apples & Oranges, you get 50 mins of runtime from Beldray while a lot of the others only give you 15 mins.

What they purposely don't say is that the 50 min run time on the Beldray is the lower power/speed settings and the 15 mins of others is the high speed/power setting. The devious sods should just be honest and say that the Beldray also has a short run time at high speed and the other vacuums have longer run times at low speed setting.

Cracked a few ribs already with this blokes description of the first Swan and Edgar on tonight 🤣
I can't be the only one that thinks the model with the world map background is a hideous looking watch? It looks like shiny plastic and, although I get that taste is subjective, I can't get how anyone would think 'nice watch' with that one. Maybe a child would like it 'oh, shiny, shiny.'

Even to my untrained eyes you can tell these watches are being sold at the correct price-point, if anything they're overpriced. So to insult the viewer with the utter garbage that these should be selling for hundreds more and the sales prices are 'ridiculous' is in itself a ridiculous statement to make.

Had to laugh when Mike M said of a more simple design 'yeah sometimes it's nice to be able to see the time clearly rather than having a cluttered face with too many complications.'

What? Eh? You mean like many of the watches IW sells?!?

Without a word of a lie I hopped on to C&C last night and Paul B was on with the demo person (Dawn?)

5 secs in, Paul says this to her:

What, you don't want me to do the BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP? (the warning/siren sound he does. So he did it then whilst asking her, obviously thinking it was funny.)

Dawn said something neutral in reply, so he then went:

Ok so I'll do it then, BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP!!!

I just sat there thinking 'twat' then turned over.

I get that many people have to buy within a budget, I'm one of them! So, it's good that products like Elizabeth Grant exist if they genuinely do offer the same results as more expensive brands for a fraction of the price.

However, let's be honest about it, rightly or wrongly brands often mean something and surely the world of cosmetics is one of those sectors. I know if I was buying a beauty pack of creams and lotions for the lady in my life, I'd rather buy her one of the well known brands as oppose to something off selly telly that, whilst maybe just as good, isn't exactly well known.

Without a word of a lie I hopped on to C&C last night and Paul B was on with the demo person (Dawn?)

5 secs in, Paul says this to her:

What, you don't want me to do the BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP? (the warning/siren sound he does. So he did it then whilst asking her, obviously thinking it was funny.)

Dawn said something neutral in reply, so he then went:

Ok so I'll do it then, BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP!!!

I just sat there thinking 'twat' then turned over.
Yes I saw him on C&C as well for a grand total of five seconds. Say what you like about Mike Mason but at least he has the intelligence to adjust his sales pitch depending on whether he's on Ideal World or Create and Craft. Shreque on the other hand has one idiot size fits all, and someone really ought to tell him to 'Beep' off.

The con artists are on top form tonight.

Only been watch 10 minutes and already they've claimed two watches have Slava movements, when in fact they have NH35s inside them.

And we have the numpty varney "if you want a Russian watch"

They're Chinese not Russian.

Considering he worked on cruise ships for years, you'd think he'd know a bit about the geography of the world, and know the difference between Russia and China.

Can't argue with that, but his motivational skills were top drawer last night, he's motivated me to watch something else before i smash my tv to bits.:mad:
You have to admit though, his acting skills are top drawer, I'm surprised Hollywood isn't knocking at his door. The way he looks off camera as if talking to someone (who isn't physically there) is nothing short of amazing.

The con artists are on top form tonight.

Only been watch 10 minutes and already they've claimed two watches have Slava movements, when in fact they have NH35s inside them.

And we have the numpty varney "if you want a Russian watch"

They're Chinese not Russian.

Considering he worked on cruise ships for years, you'd think he'd know a bit about the geography of the world, and know the difference between Russia and China.
I know he was more of a cruise director than performer (although he did both) but can you imagine booking a £10,000 cruise, sitting down for the first nights entertainment to hear this over the speakers ...

And now ladies and gentlemen, sit back, relax and enjoy as we present to you ... An Evening with Paul Beeeeeecque!!!

I know he was more of a cruise director than performer (although he did both) but can you imagine booking a £10,000 cruise, sitting down for the first nights entertainment to hear this over the speakers ...

And now ladies and gentlemen, sit back, relax and enjoy as we present to you ... An Evening with Paul Beeeeeecque!!!
I'd jump, definitely preferable to the alternative...

Latest posts

Back