Beauty Excellence Awards 2021

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gosh, I had to go online for the replay to check out the dress. It was a disaster wasn’t it? I think most of the problem was she bunched most of the tulle round the back or to the sides, so when seated all we could see, far too clearly, was the cheap looking lining. It seemed odd to me that it only had one layer of tulle as lots of them are multi-layered and you wouldn’t have a see through issue. Isn’t this the sort of (see through, one layer) skirt someone like Rihanna or a Kardashian would wear over big pants? Not an ivory knee length petticoat which it looked like. It didn’t flatter her figure either being so bunched round the waist in a blouse which looked very boxy. Shame.

Gosh, I had to go online for the replay to check out the dress. It was a disaster wasn’t it? I think most of the problem was she bunched most of the tulle round the back or to the sides, so when seated all we could see, far too clearly, was the cheap looking lining. It seemed odd to me that it only had one layer of tulle as lots of them are multi-layered and you wouldn’t have a see through issue. Isn’t this the sort of (see through, one layer) skirt someone like Rihanna or a Kardashian would wear over big pants? Not an ivory knee length petticoat which it looked like. It didn’t flatter her figure either being so bunched round the waist in a blouse which looked very boxy. Shame.
She worn the skirt before with another top.
I think Tili Ruth has worn something similar in pink in the past maybe she got the idea from her. Gemma who used to do AD Skin Synergy sells clothing have a feeling Ali has shopped from her in the past.

Its overly fussy in a bad way. The top was awful. Alison is very petite very short. Its not the sort of dress you can easily get away with sitting down for the duration. poor choice imo

AY hasn't looked good since the days of In The Salon With Alison. She was professional during those hours; wearing a uniform, doing the demos & answering the tat peddler's questions was when she was at her best. She now falls over herself to be ultra PC but is really stuck in the past & is just a mouthpiece on the Q rather than someone still getting her hands dirty, so to speak.

Pity nobody rang in to ask what item number her outfit was. She probably shelled out a fortune on that for her big night. Money doesn’t equal taste unfortunately. It just offers more scope for disaster. It reminded me a bit of zoom meetings where someone has their nightie on with a shirt on top! To be fair to Alison she doesn’t have too many fashion faux pas but this outfit was a corker.
I rarely watch her but every single time she has been a sight. Dress sense terrible and as a qualified beauty expert” she should be shot as her hair and make up are a disaster. Planes are able to land on Q towers guided by her highlight shimmer stuff.

AY hasn't looked good since the days of In The Salon With Alison. She was professional during those hours; wearing a uniform, doing the demos & answering the tat peddler's questions was when she was at her best. She now falls over herself to be ultra PC but is really stuck in the past & is just a mouthpiece on the Q rather than someone still getting her hands dirty, so to speak.
I remember those shows they were very good.

I rarely watch her but every single time she has been a sight. Dress sense terrible and as a qualified beauty expert” she should be shot as her hair and make up are a disaster. Planes are able to land on Q towers guided by her highlight shimmer stuff.

A little harsh, but oh so true with that shimmer. I don't get the shimmer thing it either looks like sweat to me or some disco stuff 1970s/80s. I wish I could get with it, I do try but shimmer i just don't understand for a trip to the supermarket.

Seeing her has made me search tulle skirts & I had no idea there were so many. I love skirts, buy far too many preloved ones & if I was thirty years younger I'd now be buying metres of net & asking for my sister's help in making one of these. AY is mid 50s & I don't think it's a good look for that age group.
Ruth Langsford would answer you, 'You're never too old to wear a tutu.'

First observation: what the heck is AY wearing? Looks ok standing up but not sitting down. Lining doesn't go far enough. It looks like cream tutu tulle.
My great niece Penny loves dresses like that. Hers has sequinned unicorns and fairies sewn to the bodice. She’s two. Earlier in the summer she wore it in the garden with pink glittery wellies while watering her strawberry plant. It yielded one large strawberry which her mum cut into 4 pieces - one each !

My great niece Penny loves dresses like that. Hers has sequinned unicorns and fairies sewn to the bodice. She’s two. Earlier in the summer she wore it in the garden with pink glittery wellies while watering her strawberry plant. It yielded one large strawberry which her mum cut into 4 pieces - one each !
Cute at 2, add 50+ years and it smacks more of Miss Havisham, imo.

Alison does like clothes and I actually like the fact she wears different types of dresses and prints..She is tiny in real life so it shows a lot of confidence and fun to think outside the box.

Latest posts

Back