Bin bag?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jackie Gabler was wearing a black pleather jacket the other day that was much too big for her. It looked like she was wearing a black plastic bin bag with a zip. It must have been a Kim & Co piece.
The Kim pleather biker jackets look good on. I have 2 of them and I'm hoping I don't look as if I'm wearing a bin bag 😱😌😃

Jackie Gabler was wearing a black pleather jacket the other day that was much too big for her. It looked like she was wearing a black plastic bin bag with a zip. It must have been a Kim & Co piece.
Was it on Wednesday morning when she was doing Katy Pullinger's Morning Style? If so, she was wearing Kimmie's Croco Pleather Biker Jacket (174 897) paired with a longer length t shirt, animal print leggings & strappy wedge sandals. What a mess.

I have just discovered a French YouTuber called Marie-Anne Le Coeur, whose channel is about being well dressed. One of things she recommends is dressing for your shape. So the Kimmie jackets can look wonderful on one person, and totally unflattering on another.

The Kim pleather biker jackets look good on. I have 2 of them and I'm hoping I don't look as if I'm wearing a bin bag 😱😌😃
If it fits well, as worn by the models, all good. But Jackie was wearing one that looked huge on her ... hanging in a baggy way. She had it zipped up and it was gaping around the neck. She looked uncomfortable in it I don't think it was designed to be oversized. Go, Twinkle and strut your stuff in your jackets. You probably look a knockout (and I apologize if I caused offence. It's easy to do when opinions on clothing differ.)

Was it on Wednesday morning when she was doing Katy Pullinger's Morning Style? If so, she was wearing Kimmie's Croco Pleather Biker Jacket (174 897) paired with a longer length t shirt, animal print leggings & strappy wedge sandals. What a mess.
I think I was watching a re run, but your description sounds like the one I was watching. So often, she looks really nice (except for the hair) and other times, just thrown together.

I have just discovered a French YouTuber called Marie-Anne Le Coeur, whose channel is about being well dressed. One of things she recommends is dressing for your shape. So the Kimmie jackets can look wonderful on one person, and totally unflattering on another.
So true. The QVC models have perfectly proportioned shapes and look good in practically everything they wear. But the presenters and fashion experts too often say that any size person can wear the garment they are selling, for e.g. Kim's jumpsuits. Perhaps the cut of her jumpsuits is flattering to many figure shapes, but not to all.

So true. The QVC models have perfectly proportioned shapes and look good in practically everything they wear. But the presenters and fashion experts too often say that any size person can wear the garment they are selling, for e.g. Kim's jumpsuits. Perhaps the cut of her jumpsuits is flattering to many figure shapes, but not to all.
Let’s face it, some of them will sell the wrong foundation colour: too light - it’s a highlighter… too dark - it’s a contour/bronzer. We are fools with money to burn, apparently!
Same with clothes. Everything will suit everyone. Go up/down a size. Short or tall a dress could be a maxi or a tunic. It’s ridiculous.

For years Queen Julia was honest & did say when a style wouldn't suit certain figure types. She would also do this regarding rings back in the day when the Q did stand alone jewellery hours.

If it fits well, as worn by the models, all good. But Jackie was wearing one that looked huge on her ... hanging in a baggy way. She had it zipped up and it was gaping around the neck. She looked uncomfortable in it I don't think it was designed to be oversized. Go, Twinkle and strut your stuff in your jackets. You probably look a knockout (and I apologize if I caused offence. It's easy to do when opinions on clothing differ.)
Just easy to wear for every day

Er, have you never watched a show in which Sophia or Clare have been modelling ??? :oops:

Jackie actually said the jacket was too big, she is a 12 but they had a 14 for her to wear

Er, have you never watched a show in which Sophia or Clare have been modelling ??? :oops:
To be fair, Q don’t dress them for their body shape. Their stylists pick what they are going to put on the models, regardless of whether it looks good or not.
I can help thinking that one of the reasons many of the seasoned models were let go could be that they ventured an opinion on the get-ups they were put in. Maybe the ones that survived the cull were always meek and put up with going out front in shocking outfiuts? Certainly the newer models strike me as less experienced, so would do as they are told, and unless it is literally impossible to do up a button or zip, will parade and pose in the outfits that do nothing to flatter, fuller figured or standard model dress size.

They are plus size, obviously, but their bust, waist, hip proportions follow the plus size 'fit model' measurements. The only problem I have is that the 'stylists' too often cram them into a 2X when they should be in a 3X. If there are excuses such as 'We don't have a sample in the correct size,' my answer would be, 'Get one !' Some people have issues about 'stylists' in general as professionals (mostly in show biz) who want to 'style' someone into a different looking person (hair, makeup, clothing, attitude) thus hiding their true and unique style and making them what the public expects to see.

They are plus size, obviously, but their bust, waist, hip proportions follow the plus size 'fit model' measurements. The only problem I have is that the 'stylists' too often cram them into a 2X when they should be in a 3X. If there are excuses such as 'We don't have a sample in the correct size,' my answer would be, 'Get one !' Some people have issues about 'stylists' in general as professionals (mostly in show biz) who want to 'style' someone into a different looking person (hair, makeup, clothing, attitude) thus hiding their true and unique style and making them what the public expects to see.
Absolutely! It is completely and utterly unacceptable. The fact that they're offering these larger sizes means that they have to show us how they look. Producers and stylists can't perform miracles - they can't make a particular style of dress suit a body shape that doesn't look good in that particular style. There are things they can do though, and fail miserably time after time. Colour - The pale pink version of those skin tight leggings isn't going to inspire a lady who's self conscious about having chunky legs. Footwear - a pair of pointy stilettos is going to make the model's feet look like pig's trotters. Check your work - cellulite showing through fabric? Back to the drawing board! Accessorise -what can possibly minimise the sight of a top that makes a large bosom look like a bolster? Surely this sort of thing is part of a stylist's basic training! I know they can only work with what they're given - but putting models in the wrong size is unforgiveable!

Latest posts

Back