New Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
So a month on what do people think of the new presenters?

Personally I am not a fan of Ophelia as I am not in to that all that 'positivity' and 'mindfullness', so can't quite gel to her style. As for Annaliese, she just seem like another 'run of the mill' presenter, who yes 'excitable' and copying others before finding her own style.

It just seem strange how both seem to take so many 'woke' boxes, though that again could just be my interpretation!

So a month on what do people think of the new presenters?

Personally I am not a fan of Ophelia as I am not in to that all that 'positivity' and 'mindfullness', so can't quite gel to her style. As for Annaliese, she just seem like another 'run of the mill' presenter, who yes 'excitable' and copying others before finding her own style.

It just seem strange how both seem to take so many 'woke' boxes, though that again could just be my interpretation!
I find Annaliese very entertaining, but does she have the right approach to selling QVC's merchandise ? It could be that she's appealing to the younger shoppers. Time will tell. Their jobs depend on how much they sell. Good luck to both.

I haven’t seen Annaliese but I had to switch off the other day when Ophelia was on with Benefit, it was actually embarrassingly awful and how she got the job is beyond me.😝
I haven’t seen her live but on one of the Arsebook videos I’ll swear several times she was about to pout and go for a sexy pose and just stopped in time. Also she was swiping on her iPad all the time .

Someone please tie their ****** hands to a 10 ton anchor to stop all that arm flapping and flicking of their hair.

Not a fan of Ophelia, her voice is too "young" for me and by that I mean she does all the teenage "innit" talk and I don't care for it. Yes I know I'm an old fogey. I saw Annaliese recently and she was better, she's very stylish but still a bit bouncy and hyper for me and I did note that she mentioned her holiday to Jamaica about 5 times within 15 minutes. OK, she's new and I cut her some slack for that but for me she needs to talk more slowly, be less hyper and give us all the info about the item rather than the info about her holiday.

CC

I would love to know other than presenters sampling/using items and wearing clothing/footwear/accessories, just how much preparation for their hours is being done. Too many items get brought on air, the presenters read the details and then turn to the brand ambassador/guest. Never more so with these two new presenters especially Annaliese who clearly says tell me about…

I recall when Catherine Huntley first started years ago most of the time on her own she read out her written script about the items she was selling. I’m not saying that was correct but just goes to show, how much was required from the presenters years ago.

Like pretending to be American?
I didn't necessarily think that Jeep but now you mention it. I don't think young people watch QVC for fashion as most of their thing is on Instagram and the like but Q might be trying to catch a younger audience with more edgy, younger presenters.

CC

I find Annaliese very entertaining, but does she have the right approach to selling QVC's merchandise ? It could be that she's appealing to the younger shoppers. Time will tell. Their jobs depend on how much they sell. Good luck to both.
Like they will ever get sacked? R

Which strikes me as odd as the average age of QVC customers is supposedly a lot older than that.
I understand that the average QVC shopper is over 50, female, with plenty of disposable cash. So, maybe QVC is trying to attract new, younger customers. The makeup and technology could draw them in, but not the fashion or the skin care, and definitely not the gardening or DIY products. Who knows ? One thing I do know, however, is that I would not take fashion advice from the two new presenters. Or from Chloe, for that matter. Their sense of fashion is so far from my own and I doubt their honesty when they praise styles that they, personally, would not touch with a barge pole !

Latest posts

Back