New Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ophelia really does have a lot to learn and has just referred to earlier self. ☹️
Seeing a similar picture as below in the lunchtime show she referred to not needing to use a lot of the Elemis oil.
Asking was this a spatula then following a voice in her ear correcting herself she said, oh it’s a pipet.
And just in the Korres hour with Liz the brand ambassador
Oh can I ask Liz what skin (struggling to say) elasticity means is that the tightness, is that what it means Liz.
I'm happy for her to 'learn' basic words and basic concepts, but does she have to do it on air?! If she really is that dense, and has such a lack of knowledge of the fundamentals, then she needs to go away and mug up on them for a bit. What she doesn't need to keep doing is asking inane questions live on air which slightly embarrass the guest and make us all at home go 'oh, for heaven's sake woman, don't you even know what the word 'elasticity' means?'.

Annalise in the Korres hour "I'm coming up in the next hour and I'm going to be swishing and swaying and posing, because that's what I do'

*scramble for the remote.

Honestly, that woman is the definition of 'look at me' irritating. I give her two months maximum. Happy to give Ophelia a chance, but Annalise is a no-hoper from the get-go.

Let’s face it the supposed training either is poor,or it’s not been taken on board by the two of them.
Of course the older shop assistants are not much help,what could you learn from gloop girl,knuckles,chunts,delboy, or I’m a dancer you know ( the rest are not much good either)I’m sure the old dinosaurs would not offer any advice as it’s all about them,( I’m writing a book😂)and not the products they are trying to sell.
In some ways I feel sorry for them,it’s car crash 📺 tv.

Annalise in the Korres hour "I'm coming up in the next hour and I'm going to be swishing and swaying and posing, because that's what I do'

Honestly, that woman is the definition of 'look at me' irritating. I give her two months maximum. Happy to give Ophelia a chance, but Annalise is a no-hoper from the get-go.
I totally agree, I think Ophelia can get better with time but Annalise is a different kettle of fish. Swishing, swaying, lurking, babe!!! No, No, No

We can only hope but I get the feeling that she'll cling on by her fingernails, especially with her wedding in eight months time; just think of al the freebies & chances to talk about it. She may be hoping that there will be a seamless move from selly telly to prime time but there are many out there with higher profiles & contacts who will be in front of her in the queue.

I totally agree, I think Ophelia can get better with time but Annalise is a different kettle of fish. Swishing, swaying, lurking, babe!!! No, No, No
She’s just ridiculous I think she’s been rude and patronising to Glen in this hour too.
She‘s just quite blatantly said Q aren’t getting the trousers back she’s keeping them that’s for sure.
She keeps saying she’s there with her energy to swish and kick about.
Well myself as a Q customer don’t feel that’s what I need her to be doing in order that I may purchase what’s on offer, I find it an insult.

I think it might be 'black & proud/loud?' week at present, which will have helped with the decision to take the 2 new 'presenters' on within this season/week/event, in addition to having the new presenters on the main channel already (at least one of them is) when normally they remain on the sister channels for longer. See also Mel B doing lunchbox lunchour on ITV, & our Marv on countdown - in the dictionary corner - with another member of the 'of colour' community.
See also Mastermind. This chap is a good presenter, however much I loved Humph.

She’s just ridiculous I think she’s been rude and patronising to Glen in this hour too.
She‘s just quite blatantly said Q aren’t getting the trousers back she’s keeping them that’s for sure.
She keeps saying she’s there with her energy to swish and kick about.
Well myself as a Q customer don’t feel that’s what I need her to be doing in order that I may purchase what’s on offer, I find it an insult.
Totally agree, her behaviour is out of order. I’ve seen a few of the guest presenters talking through gritted teeth to her. By the way I think she’s dressed herself in the dark today. Talk about clashing.

Totally agree, her behaviour is out of order. I’ve seen a few of the guest presenters talking through gritted teeth to her. By the way I think she’s dressed herself in the dark today. Talk about clashing.
I’m waiting till one has to go off through coughing or loosing their voice and see how she can do an hour on her own. Ophelia could cope but not Miss Full Of Herself, who would only be able to talk about herself and not the Q item.

Pushing the Floella Benjamin look today, and I've noticed she is p u r p o s e l y s t r e t c h i n g o u t
h e r w o r d s. Clearly giving herself time to listen through her ear pierce to get instructions.

Part of the black and proud week is the Black to Front day on Channel 4 next week where everyone on screen and behind the camera will be of colour. Can you imagine the uproar if it was the total opposite ??

Oh dear on Style starting the hour, Miss Anna quickly changing the subject.
She really didn’t like Jenny Blackhurst mentioning they had done some rehearsals together before she’d gone to Jamaica.
No mention of them having fun together and her swishing about etc.
Oh this hour is really panning out well so far Jenny has her measure has been nineteen to the dozen not letting her get a word in.
I thought I heard her with Annaliese before in a previous hour, inferring she had good history with the brand and has just said my mum and I wear a lot of Phase 8.

Last edited:
there are some good presenters and some not so good. I like Ophelia and will give her a chance but not a fan of Annalise I’m afraid. If presenters annoy you then do what most of us do and change the channel. It’s really that simple.

Words fail me. Someone needs to tell her to pronounce her 'T's - Now she's appeared (albeit) briefly on QVC I wonder if she has thrown herself at the feet of the casting producer of Strictly ??

Pushing the Floella Benjamin look today, and I've noticed she is p u r p o s e l y s t r e t c h i n g o u t
h e r w o r d s. Clearly giving herself time to listen through her ear pierce to get instructions.

Part of the black and proud week is the Black to Front day on Channel 4 next week where everyone on screen and behind the camera will be of colour. Can you imagine the uproar if it was the total opposite ??
YES!! thats what they were doing today with Mel B etc on lunchtime spazout.

WHY? I mean, why??

OK I said in a previous post that the jury was out on Annaliese. I saw her today on with Glen, my good God, if I was Glen I would have put a bag on her head and wheeled her out the door. She was awful. Glen is a very good presenter, handsome, stylish and knows his stuff. So he's paired with a silly bint swanning around swishing and swashing and talking shite because "that's what she does". I also saw her on the Phase 8 show with Jenny Blackhurst (who is also pretty good at her job) and again A was just showing off and being a dick (can women be dicks?) I won't be watching her any more.

Ophelia needs to slow down her speech and presentation as she just gabbles and it hurts my ears. She could learn though.

CC

I’m waiting till one has to go off through coughing or loosing their voice and see how she can do an hour on her own. Ophelia could cope but not Miss Full Of Herself, who would only be able to talk about herself and not the Q item.

Latest posts

Back