E-Mail: Is my style in a rut!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
And Q thinks it can really help if it is when Marla is on loop, I’m past Kim’s offerings, biker jackets every shade no thanks, don’t like the Max Wall look whatever the colour, don’t wear jeans, cross-over dresses I’ve done to death, I’m awkward for shoes need to try them on, don’t do shapeless one size fits all, they don’t sell fitted skirts, for obv reasons, which is what I like and wouldn't pay a mortgage for a white shirt to go with them. 🤷‍♀️ No! I’m not in a rut but Q couldn’t help if I was!

For years I desisted to give QVC my email - for the very reasons above. Then a few years ago the order form was changed, and unless I filled in the email requirement my order wouldn't go further. Clever ! and yep, as soon as I gave it the bombardment began, but like others I delete before opening.

I've set my marketing preferences so that I don't receive emails from them. The only downsize is that I miss out on the very occasional, money off voucher code they send but I usually find out about those on here so it's a win:win really.

Now I am regular size I don't need QVC for fashion anymore. The high street is VFM and has a wide range to choose from. Postage is usually free and super fast and returns also free. The high street usually has changing rooms so you can try on items;
It's so important to be able to try something on and if it doesn't fit, go back to the rail in the shop and try on a different size. I don't want the disappointment of ordering a piece of clothing from QVC only to realize I should have gone up or down a size. Stuck with the wrong size and having to return it is a hassle and costs money too. Gok made an absurd statement yesterday about his black jacket, i.e., that even if you go up or down several sizes (like he does, a stone or a stone and a half) the jacket will still fit you. How is that possible ?

It's so important to be able to try something on and if it doesn't fit, go back to the rail in the shop and try on a different size. I don't want the disappointment of ordering a piece of clothing from QVC only to realize I should have gone up or down a size. Stuck with the wrong size and having to return it is a hassle and costs money too. Gok made an absurd statement yesterday about his black jacket, i.e., that even if you go up or down several sizes (like he does, a stone or a stone and a half) the jacket will still fit you. How is that possible ?
Einstein could explain it ;)

I don’t mind ordering clothes online, in fact prefer it to going in a changing room in a shop.I am always worried I will get makeup on the garment, but at home try on without makeup.I sometimes order 2 sizes usually on store card or credit card so can try on and return without any payment due.Never buy clothes from Q, if I did find anything that appealed to me the chance of getting correct size/fit is slim and that would be a costly mistake because of their P&P & return costs, Simple!

I got that email and also immediately deleted it without reading...

I will occasionally watch (“catch” is probably a more accurate description!) a QVC fashion show - usually because it’s on at midnight and I’m bored/nosy, but on the one of two occasions I’ve momentarily considered buying some clothes, the return P&P issues (and initial P&P) puts me off...

I can’t get my head around how and why people are willing to pay £5 per single item of clothing - and how they get away with not capping it, at least on clothes so one can purchase a few items for colour, or more importantly SIZE choice (especially since they mostly don’t adhere to UK high street dress sizes...!)?!!

But the prospect of having to pay for the return of items which don’t fit or suit, or spark because they’re made or polyester, is the final straw...

Sorry, know lots of you say the same thing often, but it still amazes me! 😳😳

This jacket is a copy of one he bought for himself years ago so he didn't design it. Funnily enough the only review mentions a sizing issue.

Sizing is always an issue even with a good high street shop like M&S. But its easily remedied with a free returns system and locally dropping off in a local store. They are starting to sell more high end items from Jager and Phase eight even Hobbs. Plus if you have a sparks card they offer good discounts and incentive.

Sizing is always an issue even with a good high street shop like M&S. But its easily remedied with a free returns system and locally dropping off in a local store. They are starting to sell more high end items from Jager and Phase eight even Hobbs. Plus if you have a sparks card they offer good discounts and incentive.
We lost our local M&S :mad: just got the food store now.

The way ours is going it won’t be there for much longer. Bliddy disgrace the manager need taking out and shot but it ain’t going to change as they are making a profit for first time in ages so they will say that is the way which is working.

I think there's a big difference between "fitting" and "being able to get into it". When something fits you, it looks right and feels comfortable. Squeezing oneself into a smaller size and looking and feeling like a badly made sausage doesn't count as far as I'm concerned, neither does not being able to fasten something - Yes, we do often walk around with our coats and jackets undone, but we do need to be able to fasten them comfortably when necessary. It annoys me when these buggers try and persuade us that this doesn't matter, and like you say, those who do follow this dodgy advice will probably hang onto something they've regretted buying, because it's less hassle/cheaper to bung it in the back of the wardrobe and promise to slim down into it than it is to return it - and they bliddy know that! It's so unprofessional. "Tailoring" is another word they like to bandy around quite a lot, which is not a term that should be used to describe mass produced polyester tat from the far east - It also conjures up an image of bespoke items, made to measure and that every last stitch should sit in the right place, the fit is of pinpoint accuracy. To say "The tailoring that has gone into this garment is incredible, but don't worry if your size is no longer available, go up or down a size" is frankly ridiculous!
How is this possible Gok? It isn't - If this jacket fits everybody, then why make it in different sizes?!

I'd be tempted to return the email with the simple reply "No, but yours is"!
There’s something annoying about receiving an email like this inferring QVC presume people ARE in a rut and they can solve our ‘set in our ways’ dressing. Puts me off (them) so not really having the desired effect in that I’m not rushing to watch or buy from their samey ranges. Anyway what’s wrong with being in a rut 😂👍

I think there's a big difference between "fitting" and "being able to get into it". When something fits you, it looks right and feels comfortable. Squeezing oneself into a smaller size and looking and feeling like a badly made sausage doesn't count as far as I'm concerned, neither does not being able to fasten something - Yes, we do often walk around with our coats and jackets undone, but we do need to be able to fasten them comfortably when necessary. It annoys me when these buggers try and persuade us that this doesn't matter, and like you say, those who do follow this dodgy advice will probably hang onto something they've regretted buying, because it's less hassle/cheaper to bung it in the back of the wardrobe and promise to slim down into it than it is to return it - and they bliddy know that! It's so unprofessional. "Tailoring" is another word they like to bandy around quite a lot, which is not a term that should be used to describe mass produced polyester tat from the far east - It also conjures up an image of bespoke items, made to measure and that every last stitch should sit in the right place, the fit is of pinpoint accuracy. To say "The tailoring that has gone into this garment is incredible, but don't worry if your size is no longer available, go up or down a size" is frankly ridiculous!
How is this possible Gok? It isn't - If this jacket fits everybody, then why make it in different sizes?!
Well said and very funny with it! Love the tailoring explanation!

Latest posts

Back