Hourglass Cosmetics Launches 19/09/21 at 5pm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I doubt I will end up buying. For some reason, I look older in makeup than without.

I'm at that age where I look better without, too. I'm looking forward to my older years (if I make it!) so I can start wearing it again.

Is it just me that notices that the youngsters with lovely skin cake it on but can carry it off, middle-agers look better with a very light touch, but older women can look gorgeous with more but softer colours?

I went grey during lockdown, very recently had my first dye for 18 months, thought I was getting away with grey but look so much better a once-loathed mousey-brown again.

I'm at that age where I look better without, too. I'm looking forward to my older years (if I make it!) so I can start wearing it again.

Is it just me that notices that the youngsters with lovely skin cake it on but can carry it off, middle-agers look better with a very light touch, but older women can look gorgeous with more but softer colours?

I went grey during lockdown, very recently had my first dye for 18 months, thought I was getting away with grey but look so much better a once-loathed mousey-brown again.
When I used to do all the big dog shows virtually every weekend there was a lady in the same breed who used to look amazing. Always so beautifully dressed & perfectly made up, used to put the rest of us to shame. She was in her nineties & continued showing till a few weeks before she died at 102.
I’ve never heard of Hourglass either, funny name, wonder how they picked it.

Much improvement required in the selling of this brand, as very poor demonstrations of the shade options available.
Swatches not shown and failing to say the colours worn on the models.

Too expensive for me nowadays. When I worked I used more expensive brands but now I don’t go anywhere to warrant the cost.
I know what you mean x

I do like Hourglass but must admit the prices are expensive especially the new eyeshadow palettes where you choose your own colours 😊
£45.00 for water spray to set make up. :oops:

I had a quick look in a SpaceNK at Hourglass after hearing about it on Q.I am not their average customer so won’t comment on the quality or value for money, to me just another brand in a very crowded market. There are so many with glisten and glimmer these days which are a no no for me.

I'm sure the products are nice but in the end is it really that different from the ones I've already got? You do get better quality for a bit more money but it's too easy to end up with a stack of stuff you've barely used until the next big thing comes out. As for foundations, I have very pale skin and even as a teenager I looked ridiculous caking on foundation. Since I discovered mineral powders I've never looked back. Caking it on won't make me look younger or more luminous! More important to eat well and look after your skin.

I'm sure the products are nice but in the end is it really that different from the ones I've already got? You do get better quality for a bit more money but it's too easy to end up with a stack of stuff you've barely used until the next big thing comes out. As for foundations, I have very pale skin and even as a teenager I looked ridiculous caking on foundation. Since I discovered mineral powders I've never looked back. Caking it on won't make me look younger or more luminous! More important to eat well and look after your skin.
I started using hourglass about 5 years ago and the blusher lasts all day. I also had the highlighting pallet and it last for years. Yes it’s expensive but the pots are never ending

I actually caught part of the show on Q Beauty. The lip crayons I remember when they first launched. The blushes shown are different from mine more sparkle now. I have Mood which a soft mauve and Diffused which is a soft rose shade.

The prices have gone up a lot since they first arrived in the UK. The brand was seen as ethical brand when it launched and that was why such shock with Unilever bought them. I know they bring out new products a lot more these days, I am told when I wander into SpaceNK, but I have lost interest in the brand some years back. Only using the loose powder has it has no talc in it, but the one I have is still going and no sign of having to repurchasing for this year.

Latest posts

Back