I've had enough of.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Before I started working from home in 2001 I wore a different suit to work every day, with a tie and cufflinks. I enjoyed the routine of taking everything to the drycleaner, and last thing at night putting my trousers carefully into the trouser press before going to bed. Now I no longer even own a suit. The last time I wore one was to a funeral ten years ago and I felt overdressed.
WHY NOT ????? I bet if you were to put on a tux, you'd rival James Bond !!! and isn't it worth looking like that even if its only for a short while.

Mr V works as a part time taxi driver and he starts work at 5.30am until lunchtime. He hates Saturday and Sunday mornings because he gets lots of pickups from nightclubs which only chuck out their punters around 5am. The stories he tells me of what young ladies are wearing or rather not wearing and some of the horrific outfits he sees would make your hair curl.
A couple of weeks ago he picked up one young lass who was somewhat worse for wear and as she got out of the taxi, skirt ridden well above her backside and obviously no underwear, she fell over and literally flashed everything to the World and he says it`s regular that tops fall well below the boobs and he has to tell his passengers to make themselves decent.
He has a dash cam which films both inside and outside the cab and he`s had offers of sexual favours for a free taxi ride home and has also had to throw young men out of his cab who`ve dragged a well under the influence young lady into the taxi with intent of taking her to their place and having their "fun" as they call it.
I`ve told him to refuse pickups from all night bars and clubs but he has 3 grand daughters of his own aged from 18 to 21 and says he`d like to think if they were ever in such states that some taxi driver would make sure they got home safely. He won`t take any nonsense from his passengers and has regularly refused to take young men or women who have been fighting or are aggressive and argumentative but he says someone has to ensure "the young and stupid " as he calls them get a safe ride.
Mr V is a true gentleman & a thoroughly decent human being. You're pretty marvellous as well 💐

But why?? Why on earth would anyone want to have that hanging out the back of them? Slim girls with monstrous bottoms and chubby girls who naturally have the same. Why do people have those bum stuffing procedures to make it huge? I mean I don't go round staring at people's bums but sometimes they are just there offending the eyes of others. It might look semi OK when you're on a beach in Brazil but when you're wandering around the Co-op in Walsall it just doesn't have the same effect.

CC
We had staff meetings twice a week & because I'm claustrophobic I sat by the door so always saw the back view of my colleagues. On day the woman next to me did a whispering commentary about all the different shapes, degrees of pertness & which one she'd prefer if she had a new one. How I got through those 10 minutes I'll never know.

Anyone live in Bristol and admit to being the model for the mooning Mona Lisa

Attachments

• 34EE6A54-92AA-49CC-ABFD-2033F28B576C.jpeg
    34EE6A54-92AA-49CC-ABFD-2033F28B576C.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 78
WHY NOT ????? I bet if you were to put on a tux, you'd rival James Bond !!! and isn't it worth looking like that even if its only for a short while.
It's been nearly 20 years since I had occasion to wear a tux. I left London and just don't move in those circles anymore. I might have looked hot to trot then. Now, not so much ;)

I’ve never watched programmes like Towie, Made in Chelsea or the like. I’m afraid that “celebrities” like that bore me rigid. If they endorse anything then I run for the hills.
I’ve dipped in occasionally but get bored quickly. All of these so-called reality shows are set up and scripted. The various “housewives”shows have people screeching and shouting at each other . Any men are treated appallingly.It’s all fake. I’m sure some viewers believe it’s real.
I realised through lockdown how much celebrity rubbish is on TV.
No celebrity has ever persuaded me to buy anything.

You are right, Turandot. I have never watched TOWIE, Chelsea, Googebox etc. I did watch Real Housewives of Beverly Hill years back then stopped. I do real now and then the forum for the housewives and the oh is awful etc. I do reply saying it is all scripted one is the bitch each season the other gossip another the victim who the rest don't like but pretend to.

One of my favourite programmes is Sewing Bee and loved Claudia doing it. When Joe Lynette became the new presenter I didn’t mind and really enjoyed him.

However they have just announced that Sara Pascoe is taking over. This is a self obsessed woman who makes Chunts, Hold’em and the likes seem nice and normal. I detest her so that another unwatchable TV programme this autumn grr.

I’ve dipped in occasionally but get bored quickly. All of these so-called reality shows are set up and scripted. The various “housewives”shows have people screeching and shouting at each other . Any men are treated appallingly.It’s all fake. I’m sure some viewers believe it’s real.
The trouble is, they do believe it’s real, and hold these reality stars and singers up as role models. Then, when they get out into the real world, can’t cope. That’s why there are so many ‘mental health’ issues with young folk these days, they can’t separate fact from fiction.

I don't know if humans have always been stupid or if a diet of fast food, lack of exercise & the drivel available online & classed as entertainment has shrivelled brains. It's not just these so-called reality shows that confuse the masses, apparently there have been over 100 complaints to Ofcom about a Coronation Street story... It's not REAL LIFE you numpties!

One of my favourite programmes is Sewing Bee and loved Claudia doing it. When Joe Lynette became the new presenter I didn’t mind and really enjoyed him.

However they have just announced that Sara Pascoe is taking over. This is a self obsessed woman who makes Chunts, Hold’em and the likes seem nice and normal. I detest her so that another unwatchable TV programme this autumn grr.
That’s a shame I really liked Joe 😊

I know nothing of all of this TV lol. Am I missing out or am I saving myself from myself by not watching. I don't really watch telly. I have footy on the radio and sky and I sometimes see things Mr CC likes to watch (New Tricks, which I've seen twice round yawn.)

I watch Q on my laptop.

CC

Latest posts

Back