Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The registered address for his company is 249 Cranbrook Rd, Ilford IG1 4TG. Looks like small suites of offices that are shared with others. think his warehouse is the basement. ;)

In the last accounts the number of employees, including him, was 2, so would assume his wife is the second employee.

His son's company is also registered at that address.
Often, for such a micro-business, the registered address will actually be the address of his accountant. I wonder whether there’s any warehouse at all, or whether it’s garage, or his spare bedroom…

Ok, I would assume when Gamages/Swan & Edgar/Constantin Weisz etc order their watches from China, they have to order a set amount, like a minimum quantity of watches to get the price they want, that's why most of their watches tend to be Limited editions, so when TJC put up a stock quantity, that's probably the max TJC will be receiving/can sell from that consignment of watches that Gamages will be getting from their supplier for any particular watch, so although they don't have in stock they will know the quantity that they will be ordering of that watch etc.

Although they claim to design their watches, in reality they are just picking different options from a catalogue watch parts. There will be a whole range of cases, dials, hands, movements, colours, finishes etc to choose from, bit like mix and match and then have their name and logo put on.
Thanks for the reply.
Bit like a Build a Bear 😄

What's Reynolds rabbiting on about, why the hell would Rolex be on a waiting list for coloured dials, they make their own dials.
Correct me if I'm wrong, they seemed to be inferring 'These other manufacturers have long waiting lists for these colours, but you can buy the Mathey-Tissot now.'

If I'm right ... so what? Let's say it's true, let's say there is a 2-3 year waiting list for Rolex's and other high end brands with these colours. I know if I had my heart set on a certain brand e.g. Rolex, I'd be more likely to wait than buy the Mathey-Tissot just because it has the colour I want.

Great opening to tonights watch show 😁 Peter apologizing for not working much with our Kev due to him being on ITV 😂 yeah right.
Kev, it's PatEk Phillipe, not PatIck 🙄
All the guff about an extra 10% off, Kevin wasn't aware, not a happy bunny, blah blah blah.

Does ANYONE fall for this GUFF after seeing one or two watch shows, surely not?!? There again ...

Correct me if I'm wrong, they seemed to be inferring 'These other manufacturers have long waiting lists for these colours, but you can buy the Mathey-Tissot now.'

If I'm right ... so what? Let's say it's true, let's say there is a 2-3 year waiting list for Rolex's and other high end brands with these colours. I know if I had my heart set on a certain brand e.g. Rolex, I'd be more likely to wait than buy the Mathey-Tissot just because it has the colour I want.

Yeah, the first time i heard it i thought he meant the brands were waiting 3 years for the dials but when he said it again it was new customers ordering from the brands. That's what you get when listening to tv when you're on the PC. :oops::ROFLMAO:

If you were after a Rolex or the two brands they mentioned, as you say you would either wait or be looking at equivalent quality watches, no way would you be saying, oh have to wait a year, can't be bothered waiting want my watch now, ok will buy a Mathey-Tissot £140 quartz watch as an alternative. Be a bit like having your heart set on red Ferrari 458, oh have to wait year, sod that will get a red Ford Fiesta instead. :ROFLMAO:
I don't have a Rolex and never really been interested in buying one, too many folk buy them as a status symbol which kinda puts me off the brand, like the look of a few of them though, but not prepared to pay the asking prices for them, but if I did and couldn't get because of a waiting list, then i would probably be looking at something similar or close quality, Omega, Tudor, Breitling, Glashutte etc not Mathey-Tissot, no disrespect to them, but they are not in the same league as the others, in days gone buy when they were making their own movements, but these days they make good watches but are just a decent Swiss affordable to entry level luxury brand and despite Reynolds going on about how much one raised at an auction, which really was only because the present owner of Mathey-Tissot wanted the watch and was paying over the odds to make sure he got it, they don't keep their value anywhere near as well as the brands i've mentioned.

Of course there is a lot of folks who can't afford a Rolex, but there are plenty of homages to Rolex watches out there at really affordable prices and without the crap sales patter from IW.

All the guff about an extra 10% off, Kevin wasn't aware, not a happy bunny, blah blah blah.

Does ANYONE fall for this GUFF after seeing one or two watch shows, surely not?!? There again ...

It's doesn't matter if it's 10% or 20% off, as long as he's getting paid his price for the watches what difference does it make to him that IW are reducing their profit by giving extra off, heck IW could give them away for free and he'd still get his money.

Of course he could be worried, as some might start saying, that if IW are able to keep reducing the price, then it starts to make any RRP or as Kev likes to say "book price" look kinda inflated or maybe the quality and value aren't as high as is being alleged by the expert guest. ;)

Often, for such a micro-business, the registered address will actually be the address of his accountant. I wonder whether there’s any warehouse at all, or whether it’s garage, or his spare bedroom…

It's definately not a warehouse, there are no signs outside, well one but just a to let sign for offices on the 2nd floor, on google maps, the photos look like a small office block, 2/3 floors, maybe 4/6 offices per floor for letting. But there is a driveway that goes down under the building to a small car park (holds about 4 cars) at the back, that why i'm thinking his storage area (or warehouse as he calls it) is the basement area the driveway goes through.

Maybe it’s my Cerebal Palsy Dumbness.

But I caught the end of the Swan & Edgar show, they had a watch which had been over allocated, firstly how can that happen, because surely when a item is sold, the computer would take the Amount down, so when it goes down to 0, the operator should have to say sorry we’ve none left. But Peter was still encouraging viewers to order it.

Then after there was a Beldray scrubbing brush, or as Peter called them BelRay, it was a odd looking thing, basically a electric toothbrush with different heads

Simon Lies is back, cleaning the toilet with his tooth brush. :ROFLMAO:

Kev shocked at the price of the Edmond £359 (the one with the Bombay crystal ;)) - "book price is over £600."

Really Kev, the RRP on Mathey-Tissots site is 499 Swiss Francs, which is £392, and you can buy it for £170 from the states, even paying tax/duty on that it's less than IW's price and nowhere near £600.

Oh and shocked at the price of the birthday watch, uncustomised retails £800 world wide, except for Jomashop where it's selling for £270. :ROFLMAO:

Listening to Kev, you'd think Mathey-Tissot are the only folk with coloured dials. :rolleyes:

Also not sure about his claim about being the biggest Mathey-Tissot distributor in the world, IW and Reynolds have 91 models, Jomashop in New York is popular with actual watch collectors, they stock over 650 well known brands, and some 75,000 different watches, and they have a huge range and stock of Mathey-Tissot.

Last edited:
Kev thinks because he keeps a wide range of watches from £199 to £5000 then he has something for everybody.

Well actually Kev no you haven't, you've a pretty small limited range of watches, you sell Mathey-Tissot, Vostok Europe, Aviator, Sturmanskie and Buran and that's it, oh and another thing you don't really cater much for folks with smaller wrists or those that like smaller case sizes, most of the watches you sell are 42mm or bigger, quite a few a way bigger, and you seem to think that's what everybody is after. :rolleyes:

Also said he had a convo with a guy that bought one of his Vostok Europe watches and he said having watch Kev for a few years he's learned so much about watches.

Hope the guy is not telling his mates about bombay crystals or the brand new Seiko hybrid movements etc or any of the other crap you've spouted.:ROFLMAO:

Plus he seems to think Mathey-Tissot is leading the way for next year with the colours, he obviously unaware other brands have been using coloured and sunray dials for years, and of course some super brand, one of the big three he mentioned, must be doing the green sunray dial this year for Alberto to be doing it now. Really Kev, my Seiko SRPB05J1 has a green sunray dial and that's been on the go for a few years.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Den is flogging a top, has somebody cut a bit off it, looks ****** stupid. Is that a fashion now. :unsure:

She also said if you want you want your trousers to fit a bit tighter, buy the smaller size if you want it looser buy the bigger size. Geesh you learn something knew everyday on IW, would never have guessed that buying a smaller size would have made them tighter. :ROFLMAO:

Actually you don't need to buy smaller to get a tighter fit Den, sure fire way is to just follow IW presenters fitness regimes that'll add inches of fat and make your trousers tighter. ;)

Good Evening. My name is Den. That's TWA....Den. Before the product let me tell you a little bit about me. Let me come straight to the point - you all think I'm 35 but I'm actually 86. I know..I know... you don't have to say it.. but you can if you want to - I'm a miracle of life. Now, let me tell you a bit about my magnificent husband...He can bench press two tonnes with one finger. He has a resting heart rate of 12. And he is even more gorgeous than I am. I know that's hard to believe...Now..did you know I have a signed copy of The Best of Enrico Caruso on cylinder in my drawers. He was such a lovely man when I met him. It was 1917...I know..I know...You don't have to say it...

Sally got a new product to use, definitely buying KDerm.

Another anti-aging product that has been medically and pharmaceutically tested and confirmed to work.;)

Although, considering it does the same as other products she's already told us she buys and uses from IW, how the hell would she know if it works? Was it the protocol, or maybe the Kderm, or maybe it was the E.Grant or maybe none of them work.
And after watching IW for the past few years, every presenter only seems to have aged and look older, there has never been a show where i've gone, by god they look 10/20 years younger or flipping heck where have her/his wrinkles gone, so is it another £70 down the drain?

BTW looking at the Health and Beauty section on IW web site, under Skincare then anti aging products , was kinda shocked to see the Jane Plan comes under that section. So they are right in saying it's not a diet, cause you don't eat it, you smear it on your face and it miraculously make wrinkles disappear and makes you look younger, now that's how Jane plan makes you lose weight, don't eat just smear. ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sick of hearing anti-aging this and that, nothing but an absolute money spinner. Sally looks a lot older than her singing days, of course she does and Jane looks her age. DeKnees needs putting out to pasture but I suppose it’s a nice little earner on top of her pension/s.

Caught Maris Piper yesterday, the EG woman. My goodness her face was as solid as a potato 😮 how much Botox has been pumped in that?!

And after watching IW for the past few years, every presenter only seems to have aged and look older, there has never been a show where i've gone, by god they look 10/20 years younger or flipping heck where have her/his wrinkles gone, so is it another £70 down the drain?
It's yet another example of 'engage your brains viewers.' They (the presenters) preach all this guff about various health & beauty products but as you say, they look their age if not older, granted with one or two exceptions.

The way they bleat on about how great all the pills & potions are, they should look in their 20's ;)

Sick of hearing anti-aging this and that, nothing but an absolute money spinner. Sally looks a lot older than her singing days, of course she does and Jane looks her age. DeKnees needs putting out to pasture but I suppose it’s a nice little earner on top of her pension/s.

Caught Maris Piper yesterday, the EG woman. My goodness her face was as solid as a potato 😮 how much Botox has been pumped in that?!
How DARE you!!!

That look is achieved completely naturally, except for the application of EG products.

;)

p.s. a bit like a certain seller of collagen products, you know, the stuff that's great for the promotion of hair growth ... but they've had a hair transplant ;)

Just a couple of statements from shows last night ...

This is probably one of the best watch brands in the world
(eh, either it is or it isn't)

It's possible we won't get these back in again this year
(eh, so it's equally possible you will)

This could be the last time we have stock of these
(eh, so you might have more on sale next week)

Latest posts

Back