New Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When she introduced the guest she described her as gorgeous; unprofessional & totally out of her depth.
I think the guest was more than happy to be referred to as such....but for me that wasn't the worst of it. The lady isn't a great presenter, still a distracting amount of arm flapping and "filler" words like, yeah, goodness, yer know etc etc. In the end I decided to listen to the dialogue without watching and it sounded very "street" eg "I ain't gonna lie" "to be fair" that sort of thing. Had I not known what I was listening to, I'd certainly not have put it down as a professional presentation for a prestige product.
I'm confused as to what QVC want. Their prices have skyrocketed, their product range is now limited to high end, high priced goods. The stuff that isn't high end have been awarded silly prices so they fit into the mould. Then they introduce a couple of more edgy streetwise presenters to try and make themselves seem more accessible, and it doesn't work. The "regular crowd", the "usual supsects" (a term they use in their trailer) are switching off because they can't watch, and the streetwise crew they're trying to pull in - well they're not listening, 'cause they're not there. If they want to attract more customers, they need to offer a little bit more than a measly fiver off your first order and rein in all their ridiculous p&p charges. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they didn't "rap" their next trailer/jingle.

I think the guest was more than happy to be referred to as such....but for me that wasn't the worst of it. The lady isn't a great presenter, still a distracting amount of arm flapping and "filler" words like, yeah, goodness, yer know etc etc. In the end I decided to listen to the dialogue without watching and it sounded very "street" eg "I ain't gonna lie" "to be fair" that sort of thing. Had I not known what I was listening to, I'd certainly not have put it down as a professional presentation for a prestige product.
I'm confused as to what QVC want. Their prices have skyrocketed, their product range is now limited to high end, high priced goods. The stuff that isn't high end have been awarded silly prices so they fit into the mould. Then they introduce a couple of more edgy streetwise presenters to try and make themselves seem more accessible, and it doesn't work. The "regular crowd", the "usual supsects" (a term they use in their trailer) are switching off because they can't watch, and the streetwise crew they're trying to pull in - well they're not listening, 'cause they're not there. If they want to attract more customers, they need to offer a little bit more than a measly fiver off your first order and rein in all their ridiculous p&p charges. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they didn't "rap" their next trailer/jingle.
Brilliant, please send this to the Q. Like so many companies they're losing their core customers as they attempt to attract those who may never consider browsing let alone buying. M&S started doing this, for many years I was Mrs M&S, now my only purchases are their black opaque tights.

That old tat peddler Fibby Flint has announced that she's had her covid booster & added that she was a volunteer first time round. How has a 59 year old been seen so I
That old tat peddler Fibby Flint has announced that she's had her covid booster & added that she was a volunteer first time round. How has a 59 year old been seen so quickly?
I’m a volunteer at a vaccination centre. Had first jab on 11 January, second on 31 March. Boosters can be given six months after the second. Mine was due on 29 September and I had it during my shift in a quiet period. I also received the official NHS invite email to say it was due.

Once you get the NHS email/text invite, you can just go into a walk-in centre for it, so that’s probably what Debbie did.

Brilliant, please send this to the Q. Like so many companies they're losing their core customers as they attempt to attract those who may never consider browsing let alone buying. M&S started doing this, for many years I was Mrs M&S, now my only purchases are their black opaque tights.
Thick black tights 🦵🏿🦵🏿 my winter staples - Asda do them too.😊

I’ve been called for my flu jab in November at our surgery so any hope that it and the booster would be combined has gone out the window.

Merry, when you look at that new thingy with customers gushing about Q there is not one of them which would fit into the rap scene unless via their grandchildren.
The kind of person A & O appeal to are extremely unlikely to buy anything apart from beauty from Q so what is the point. They can shove a Renee’s top down their pleather knickers, strap a bag around them like a bandolier belt all they want but it isn’t going to cut it with the young people they are trying to appeal to.

I get it with M&S though, that's trying to attract a younger audience. They're mainstream and they always have been. They'll advertise on television, in magazines and the press, what they're doing will be seen. The younger demographic buy an awful lot of fashion, they're not necessarily looking for classic items that will last a lifetime and therefore bought infrequently. I agree that it shouldn't be at the expense of a loyal customer base, and just so long as they don't forget their regular customers, that sits fine with me. Q on the other hand is shooting themselves in the foot. They can employ as many "celebs", streetwise youngsters to present and bring us overpriced goods, but unless anybody's watching it's a pretty pointless exercise which will only succeed in alienating and annoying their core customers.
Frequently, you'll see something like this - "Everybody's going mad about a marks n spencer skirt" and it's only £20. If you agree, chances are , you'll pop down to Marks and buy one. Nobody's gonna go mad for a QVC chiffon sack that costs £100 and will cost you a fiver in postage and a tenner to return it if you don't like it!
The more I think about what you said, I think I will send them an email soon, though I expect no more than a cut and pasted standard response that addresses none of the points I've made.
"Do the QVC rap...wot a pile of crap" !

A is now telling us she was an accomplished gymnast. I think she means when she was about about 12 at school. ........got my eye on the Olympics, babe.......or words to that effect. If you don’t like the leg kicking wait until she starts backflipping across the studio!

Someone is taking…..I‘m a fashion stylist etc. But I don’t know the difference roll neck, turtle neck and polo neck. 🙄

A is now telling us she was an accomplished gymnast. I think she means when she was about about 12 at school. ........got my eye on the Olympics, babe.......or words to that effect. If you don’t like the leg kicking wait until she starts backflipping across the studio!
Oh that old chestnut again she was nearly going to the Olympics as was entering competitions at the age of 12. 🙄

Todays tack tick is to involve Melissa in as much chit chat as possible. 😉
My Alexa cut out did she appear after the break modelling, heard her ask Melissa did she like her.. and something about her modelling dream.

There are a couple more comments about her on the QVC Facebook page this morning. They’re saying that they can’t watch her.

“Could you encourage Annalise to calm down and not call people ‘babe’ please - she’s probably better presenting a teen programme I would suggest. I don’t like to damp down enthusiasm but I’m not ‘havin it large’ watching QVC.”

The other poster said she’ll stick to Amazon and the other shopping channels. A wise woman. 😉

I’m a volunteer at a vaccination centre. Had first jab on 11 January, second on 31 March. Boosters can be given six months after the second. Mine was due on 29 September and I had it during my shift in a quiet period. I also received the official NHS invite email to say it was due.

Once you get the NHS email/text invite, you can just go into a walk-in centre for it, so that’s probably what Debbie did.
But delboy only volunteered to queue jump,and get some cheap publicity for her crew.
Normal people would quietly get on with their volunteering,the woman has no morals at all.

Who didn't make mistakes at their first, serious job ? Maybe some people were instant successes. But I know that I was rubbish at first, and that I was on the breach of being axed. I say, give these two new presenters a chance to 'up their game'. I hope their bosses are telling them about the feedback from viewers and that they are both listenening hard and will make a huge effort to be better at their jobs. If they don't listen, I think they should go.

Latest posts

Back