Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cartoon dogs relaxing bra and collar off 245982867_178.jpg

It snowed last night...

8:00 am: I made a snowman.

8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.

8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.

8:17 - My feminist neighbour complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere.

8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snow men instead.

8:22 - The transgender man..women...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.

8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.

8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.

8:31 - The middle eastern gent across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up .

8:40 - The Police arrived saying someone had been offended.

8:42 - The feminist neighboor complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.

8:43 - The council equality officer arrived and threatened me with legal action

8:45 - TV news crew from BBC showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I replied "Snowballs" and am now called a sexist.

9:00 - I was on the News as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.

9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.

9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.

By noon it all melted

Moral:
There is no moral to this story. It is what we have become, all because of snowflakes.

So, we are nearly at Halloween. I have been reading a few ghost stories of Belfast mainly but some around Ireland.

There was an article in DM last week which was about Queens University and Allenbrooke Hall room 211 halls of residence. The man in his 60s did not believe in ghost but had strange things happened which it seemed on continued for others the years before and after who stayed there. Two people who had stayed in the room had died, one either jumped or was pushed from the window of the room. The other was shot in 1980 coming home from Mass, the troubles still at their height then.

I did go on a ghost tour once a few years back. We actually got into Friar's Bush cemetery, you can see into it from the Ulster Museum café next door, it is walled and only open by appointment going back to the 1700s. I have always wanted to go in and look around. Plaguey Hill where 2000 poor buried in a mass grave, they did during the famine of plague or hunger. They still have graves covered in iron cages to stop the grave robbers. There is supposed to be the ghost of a young girl who stands on the hill looking for her mum.

When I was a teenager, there was an article in a local paper about Lisburn which made me laugh. There is a street Piper Hill not its real name, and they used to walk the condemned to public hanging at the top of the hill. In the early 60s there were still some old cottages along the route a family moved in and complained about the banging downstairs during the night no one there, and they were very frightened. A local reporter came along to do an article on what was happening. So he decided to go next door and talk to the neighbour an old man who lived alone. Report asking had he ever heard anything? The old man said no, and it was a load of rubbish. But, could the reporter do something about the ****** woman who walked up and down his stairs every night! I still remember the article.

Latest posts

Back