Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Blatant lies selling the HOMCOM toys.

Den starts off the show saying IW is selling the toys 'for a half or even a third of the price that viewers will pay elsewhere.' She's then just said along the lines of 'go online and try, just try, to find these at similar prices.'

MMmmm, is £3.99 of a difference (including p&p) similar enough for you?!?

Is that the same de Knees that often states she only ever tells the viewers the truth as IW have 3 compliance officers that check everything to keep them from getting into trouble with ASA and OFCOM.

So looks like the Compliance officers competence & performance level is on a par with the IW stock controllers and buyers. ;):ROFLMAO:

A £1 pot noodle, £3 mug and a £3 spoon for just under £20 o_O:mad: they are taking the pi55.

I see it's the return of the ride on cars tonight on the toy collection at 8-15pm all about £150!!!.
Even this can be had for a few £ cheaper elsewhere.

What then, is all the guff they spout about giving the viewer cheap as chips prices cause they don't have middlemen, shops etc.

Oh yeah, that's what it is ... GUFF ;)

Even this can be had for a few £ cheaper elsewhere.

What then, is all the guff they spout about giving the viewer cheap as chips prices cause they don't have middlemen, shops etc.

Oh yeah, that's what it is ... GUFF ;)

This is something i've never understood in their sales pitch, cutting out the middlemen, it's not only a stupid sales pitch but it's wrong, IW are "the middlemen" themselves. Doesn't matter if the shop is on the high street, internet, TV or a catalogue, IW is a third party in the sales process and therefore "the middlemen". If they want to cut out the middlemen then companies sell direct to the customers themselves with no third party (middlemen) involved, through their own outlets, either on the high street or their own web sites.

Just the same old sales rhetoric. Was watching some old selly telly clips on YT the other night (I really need to have a long hard look at myself!) and it was Paul B selling a printer on Bid. He said his mum had been looking for a printer and he advised her to buy the one he was presenting.

Goodness, these presenter mum's don't half need a lot of stuff ... and it just so happens to be stuff the channel is selling, funny that ;)

This is something i've never understood in their sales pitch, cutting out the middlemen, it's not only a stupid sales pitch but it's wrong, IW are "the middlemen" themselves. Doesn't matter if the shop is on the high street, internet, TV or a catalogue, IW is a third party in the sales process and therefore "the middlemen". If they want to cut out the middlemen then companies sell direct to the customers themselves with no third party (middlemen) involved, through their own outlets, either on the high street or their own web sites.
And I think there are other middlemen in the IW process e.g. Kevin for Vostok watches?

It's the outright lying that's getting unpalatable. Den stands there near the end of the toy show last night and says to the effect of 'we need to thank our buyers and the relationship with homcom for bringing us these amazing prices.' eh?!? What?!? Prices that can be found on the supplier website and other outlets, even cheaper in some cases.

Or Shaun on a watch show last night saying he was going to buy a certain watch but they were sold out. So when the next watch was featured he strongly intimated he might buy that one instead. MMmmm, I wonder how many watches he actually did buy last night, do we need 3 guesses ;)

It's the outright lying that's getting unpalatable. Den stands there near the end of the toy show last night and says to the effect of 'we need to thank our buyers and the relationship with homcom for bringing us these amazing prices.' eh?!? What?!? Prices that can be found on the supplier website and other outlets, even cheaper in some cases.

Or Shaun on a watch show last night saying he was going to buy a certain watch but they were sold out. So when the next watch was featured he strongly intimated he might buy that one instead. MMmmm, I wonder how many watches he actually did buy last night, do we need 3 guesses ;)

I remember when Duxot watches first appeared, Peter said we have to thank the Duxot family for allowing us to have the Duxot watch shows.
Which is hilarious as there never was a Duxot family, Duxot were originally a brand range that belonged to Doxa, before they killed it off in the late 60s.
Or the other one was when Lucian Piccard watches first were on, Peter told the story how they were originally Swiss and that an American family had bought the brand and took it to the states, and despite moving still had the watches made in Switzerland, can't remember the family name off hand, but he thanked the family again for allowing IW to have the shows, again the family in question hadn't been involved with Lucien Piccard for a couple of decades, probably all dead, and they were no longer made in Switzerland either.

I wouldn't think IW have a relationship with homcom, it's just a branding Aosom (MH Star UK LTD) use on products they sell. ;)

Given the watches that he has indicated he owns or is buying, then Shaun must have one crappy collection of watches. ;)

Just the same old sales rhetoric. Was watching some old selly telly clips on YT the other night (I really need to have a long hard look at myself!) and it was Paul B selling a printer on Bid. He said his mum had been looking for a printer and he advised her to buy the one he was presenting.

Goodness, these presenter mum's don't half need a lot of stuff ... and it just so happens to be stuff the channel is selling, funny that ;)

They must have big houses to store the stuff as their mums seem to buy everything. ;)

They must have big houses to store the stuff as their mums seem to buy everything. ;)
Also they buy everything for their mums..... 'now I bought this for my mum' is one of the most frequent lies they tell.
Also ' I bought something similar but I paid a lot more , and it didn't have the ( name feature )' is another favourite.
My current number one is presenter Alex who claims that he 'bought the Emma mattress from IW before I started working here.' lol !!!!!!!
Another classic is Peter Volauvent who when selling radiator fans , claimed he had 'bought them for my mum before I starting working here- she said she really noticed the difference.'
Peter cleverly incorporates three pieces of total bull into one statement.

Shysterism at it's best on now with Mann Egerton watches, another con artist guest.

Nearly had a heart attack, thought me and berky were on the same wavelength for a second, he asked how much we though the watch was priced at, he said 600, i said christ me that's what i thought, only when he said pounds that i realised we were at differing ends of the spectrum, i was thinking in pence. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back