Cozee Home TSV - Black Friday 26/11/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Q have never been able to comprehend the concept of Black Friday IMO. Giving us a day of offers where the reductions barely cover the P & P just doesn't cut it if you ask me.
I don't think Q can comprehend the concept of what an offer is, full stop. You've only got to look at the lame few quid shaved off their TSVs to see that - Free p&p would be a good start. I can't see the point in saving a fiver to lose it again in p&p. Unless it's an item exclusive to Q, (shudder) then it's odds on that you'll find a similar or better deal elsewhere from a company that charges a flat rate, or does click and collect for free!

I don't think Q can comprehend the concept of what an offer is, full stop. You've only got to look at the lame few quid shaved off their TSVs to see that - Free p&p would be a good start. I can't see the point in saving a fiver to lose it again in p&p. Unless it's an item exclusive to Q, (shudder) then it's odds on that you'll find a similar or better deal elsewhere from a company that charges a flat rate, or does click and collect for free!

I've got something on my wish list. Was £27, down to 24,19, 17 and now back up to 21. So it's not selling at 17, so let's put it up 22. It makes perfect sense.

When I see some of the things Q dies with prices, sorting stuff, colour names, sizes whatever, I wonder how they stay in business. I think of the programmers and how they deal with the formulas used. I use the word formula in a generous way, I think price changes are more like counting the score from picking random things from their desk....

Drawing pin new +5
Drawing pin scratched -3
Sticky sweetie -10
Paperclip daisy chain +1 for each clip up to 10, more than 10 take the cube root
More than 5 professional magazines under the desk +22/7
An do forth.

All of this to get a percentage change to drop the price, postage calculated on that random number turned to pounds plus 95p.

Did I really program this type of thing?

Oh dear just turned over yo the TSV... Fitbit 5 with the Dyson/Fitbut/anything else. Oh dear... 🙄😕

I’m not great with things like Black Friday

Usually if I want a big ticket item I want a specific make and model so I‘m not interested in spending loads of money, albeit it good value, on say a 52 inch LG when what I need is a 38 inch Sony.

I've got something on my wish list. Was £27, down to 24,19, 17 and now back up to 21. So it's not selling at 17, so let's put it up 22. It makes perfect sense.

When I see some of the things Q dies with prices, sorting stuff, colour names, sizes whatever, I wonder how they stay in business. I think of the programmers and how they deal with the formulas used. I use the word formula in a generous way, I think price changes are more like counting the score from picking random things from their desk....

Drawing pin new +5
Drawing pin scratched -3
Sticky sweetie -10
Paperclip daisy chain +1 for each clip up to 10, more than 10 take the cube root
More than 5 professional magazines under the desk +22/7
An do forth.

All of this to get a percentage change to drop the price, postage calculated on that random number turned to pounds plus 95p.

Did I really program this type of thing?

Oh dear just turned over yo the TSV... Fitbit 5 with the Dyson/Fitbut/anything else. Oh dear... 🙄😕
What was it Penny - a half a vest top, a sock? Q don't tend to sell much under the £30 mark - and p&p usually takes it over!

If it wasn't a tv shopping channel, then I'm sure they'd have been forced to throw the towel in some years ago. Whilst they've still got hordes of devotees who think they're part of some exclusive club, or (sadly) see the presenters as their friends, this ship will carry on sailing.

Apart from my wonderment at how much people are prepared to spend in Q's "fashion department" - It's the food that gets me - £45 quid for a few mince pies, £30 for a few popcorn bars etc etc. I'm surprised they haven't started putting together hampers of these shamefully overpriced titbits. Can see it now, throw a box of mince pies, a few cupcakes, turkish delight and some popcorn into a flimsy wicker basket, give it some highfaluting name like Excelsior, or Grosvenor and bung £100 on top

I have some Cozee Home throws but there is just so much of the stuff you need.When a range sells well ( presuming this is one that does) QVC flog it to death,aka Marla & Ruthie.Their faithful are swamped with them and others get sick of the sight and switch off.Result Kiss of Death.

What was it Penny - a half a vest top, a sock? Q don't tend to sell much under the £30 mark - and p&p usually takes it over!

If it wasn't a tv shopping channel, then I'm sure they'd have been forced to throw the towel in some years ago. Whilst they've still got hordes of devotees who think they're part of some exclusive club, or (sadly) see the presenters as their friends, this ship will carry on sailing.

Apart from my wonderment at how much people are prepared to spend in Q's "fashion department" - It's the food that gets me - £45 quid for a few mince pies, £30 for a few popcorn bars etc etc. I'm surprised they haven't started putting together hampers of these shamefully overpriced titbits. Can see it now, throw a box of mince pies, a few cupcakes, turkish delight and some popcorn into a flimsy wicker basket, give it some highfaluting name like Excelsior, or Grosvenor and bung £100 on top
The most shameless one is brownies,and lets not talk about certain 🥧 pies lol

I have some Cozee Home throws but there is just so much of the stuff you need.When a range sells well ( presuming this is one that does) QVC flog it to death,aka Marla & Ruthie.Their faithful are swamped with them and others get sick of the sight and switch off.Result Kiss of Death.
So true, SF. The beginning of the end is usually the first TSV. Once they've induced a brand to lower their quality to hit a price point, the brand cannot really argue. There's no way back.
Then we get them on a continuous loop to sell off the tat the brand has been reduced to.

The most shameless one is brownies,and lets not talk about certain 🥧 pies lol

If you are talking about the Gower Brownies they amongst the best I've tasted. I've not had them for a whole. Messing around adding stuff puts me off. I don't need a brownie to be messed about with, I want rich dark chocolate.

I've bought them and cheaper direct. I used to buy them in good fares or BBC Good Good show. Price is too much from Q.

Yes I am local but I'm moany enough that you know I'd not be high praise if it wasn't deserved.

I have a lola's bakery and tea shop a few minutes from me. Bought two Bownies for just under a fiver. They were sooo sickly sweet. Not all that imo.

Don't eat cakes or brownies but I've always thought Q food was expensive. I have previously bought the meat hampers though and they were good.

As for Cozee Home, I wouldn't have anything else on the bed in winter, I love them. I've got 3 sets and that's enough as they are bulky to store but when you see new ones they are very tempting. Dunelm do fleecy bedding as well which is good quality. Mum has them on her spare beds and they are cosy when I've been there and tested them out.

CC

Attachments

• Cozee Home TSV 1.jpg
    Cozee Home TSV 1.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Cozee Home TSV 2.jpg
    Cozee Home TSV 2.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Cozee Home TSV 3.jpg
    Cozee Home TSV 3.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 162
Q have never been able to comprehend the concept of Black Friday IMO. Giving us a day of offers where the reductions barely cover the P & P just doesn't cut it if you ask me.
Generally concur!
I got an email of Black Friday deals from QVC which were mostly rubbish! 18% off several!

But, as I’ve just posted in another thread, I did spot a half price deal on a Tili silicone cleansing brush (rechargeable electronic one).

Wondered if anyone has tried it - think it was in a previous Tili TSV? - or thinks it would be good Christmas gift for teen girls?!

Here’s the link.
It’s down to £12.50 plus postage.

https://www.qvcuk.com/Tili-Recharge...l-Cleansing-Brush.product.721650.html?sc=SRCH

I love mine it was a Christmas present from my sister 2 or maybe 3 winters ago. Its really soft and cozy and has several heat settings

Latest posts

Back