Please Annaliese..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I watched the first minute of Slipper Shop, lots of dramatic shoulder movements & then she launched into her need for more than one pair of slippers because she keeps losing them around her house. For the final time Ms Dayes it's not about YOU 📣
What the heck size of a house does she have where numerous slippers can’t be found?

I saw her pre show today and she was kicking up her leg and preening. I didn't watch. However, I did see Ophelia on a show today with Jenny Blackhurst and fair play to her she was much better than of late. I think Jenny was keeping her right as they were talking about her being O's mentor. Hey, that's the way to go, teach on the job and it works.

CC

Agree but surely to god there are plenty of more capable folk who can fit the quota.

They really scraped right through the barrel with these new ones

Did QVC actually advertise the presenting vacancies ? or did they just decide that they would diversity fill the positions regardless, because surely having tv studio skills would have been a prime criteria I would have thought.

They are both probably very nice girls away from the camera, but even Ophelia hasn't got the professionalism needed, and is very hesitant in her delivery - while she listens to instructions through her earpiece. I do wonder how long it takes to achieve the professionalism required on a live shopping channel because Chloe has yet to reach that stage and she's been on air forever !k so I really don't hold out much hope for Anneliese.

In some ways I feel sorry for these girls,lack of training,nobody really to learn from,no obvious skill as a presenter,plus a lack of diction,no attention to detail,and certainly no knowledge of products.
It all adds up to one big mess,but hey tat sellers like Chloe do them no favours at all,with bad habits and bad behaviour in presentation.
Whoever is is charge of QVC tat sellers HR,needs to seriously look into some of these peoples behaviour patterns on screen.

I agree it's as though no one has any pride in the channel and how it may be perceived. I watched a repeat on the beauty channel last night, it was Anne Dawson and Cathy from Prai, who was at home. The wrong item and demo appeared on the screen while Anne had asked Cathy about the hand cream. Cathy dealt with it very well, but it was still awkward so why show it again? It should have been edited out, if they wanted to show the show again or just binned, someone told to be more careful in future and learn from the mistake etc. Don't get me started on Anneliese, I agree with what has been said before !

Neither of the new girls appear to have had any training for this job. Ophelia is better but she still talks far too fast and then she slips into her "every day" way of speaking which I find quite hard to listen to. If she remembers to think about her sentences and gives out the right information she'll be OK.

CC

In some ways I feel sorry for these girls,lack of training,nobody really to learn from,no obvious skill as a presenter,plus a lack of diction,no attention to detail,and certainly no knowledge of products.
It all adds up to one big mess,but hey tat sellers like Chloe do them no favours at all,with bad habits and bad behaviour in presentation.
Whoever is is charge of QVC tat sellers HR,needs to seriously look into some of these peoples behaviour patterns on screen.
They had presented on other TV channels, Annaliese had been on the Style Channel since the spring & when she was on America's Next Top Model she was criticised for being more of a presenter than a model. They've both said that they had lots of training so either they're economical with the truth or they've been told to put a gloss on working for the Q. They are too busy being themselves to do their jobs

I agree it's as though no one has any pride in the channel and how it may be perceived. I watched a repeat on the beauty channel last night, it was Anne Dawson and Cathy from Prai, who was at home. The wrong item and demo appeared on the screen while Anne had asked Cathy about the hand cream. Cathy dealt with it very well, but it was still awkward so why show it again? It should have been edited out, if they wanted to show the show again or just binned, someone told to be more careful in future and learn from the mistake etc. Don't get me started on Anneliese, I agree with what has been said before !
I watched that, it was embarrassing. Total cringeworthy. I don't know how Cathy kept her cool. Supposed to be talking about hand cream, so as Cathy was putting it on her hand and explaining about it, the graphics had the exfoliator and even a film of how to use it on the neck. Very unprofessional indeed. Anne just skirted round it all as if nothing was wrong.

Neither of the new girls appear to have had any training for this job. Ophelia is better but she still talks far too fast and then she slips into her "every day" way of speaking which I find quite hard to listen to. If she remembers to think about her sentences and gives out the right information she'll be OK.

CC
'As I’m one of the newbies here I wanted to share with you how it’s been finding my feet and getting used to my dream job! Now, it’s only been a month since I started here at QVC and trust me it’s been a whirlwind. After a vigorous training process the bosses finally let me on air and I’m getting to know all the fabulous brands we stock here'. This is from Annaliese's blog, there are no excuses for her unprofessional manner; Ophelia is less hyper but I have a feeling that she'll be like Kathy Tayler when it comes to always being hesitant.

Latest posts

Back