Marlawynne all time low or all time high

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Living in a 1950s play sums it up 🤣
I can imagine Sam’s mother (Endora?) in Bewitched having something to say about it as Sam dutifully made her husband his breakfast in one like that. It was the 1960s tho but I wish I could wiggle my nose to rustle up dinner or tidy the house!
I tried so hard to perfect that wiggle, never could get it right. I loved Endora, Agnes Moorehead was brilliant.

Saw someone shopping in my town yesterday with her dressing gown on! Say's a lot about my town really.
We live very near our hospital and people used to be getting on and off buses in PJ's,slippers and dressing gowns. Then there are the hospital staff stood outside on the main road smoking plus the number sat under the no smoking signs attached to drips smoking. Says a lot about our town as well.

These pictures were posted on the Cozee home challenge thread.
So if you didn’t want to go for the MW there’s always this alternative option……
😉🤦🏼‍♀️😂😂

Attachments

• 31C04998-56F4-45CC-8623-589EB376C7DD.jpeg
    31C04998-56F4-45CC-8623-589EB376C7DD.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 9E6516C8-A75F-4663-BB43-4380C5843B09.jpeg
    9E6516C8-A75F-4663-BB43-4380C5843B09.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 57
  • E51F06A1-F83A-435D-8D9A-150F0D6C449E.jpeg
    E51F06A1-F83A-435D-8D9A-150F0D6C449E.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 23AFC851-E49A-4F2E-8CB6-47CA400F5BE4.jpeg
    23AFC851-E49A-4F2E-8CB6-47CA400F5BE4.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 64
We live very near our hospital and people used to be getting on and off buses in PJ's,slippers and dressing gowns. Then there are the hospital staff stood outside on the main road smoking plus the number sat under the no smoking signs attached to drips smoking. Says a lot about our town as well.
This was at 5.30 and she was with a big group of others, coming from the shopping center,no where near the hospital which is 3+ miles away and not near bus stop for/from hospital. My daughter works at our hospital and the entrance to her dept is the cancer entrance, so many with drips etc smoking.

Last edited:
Our town's KFC is about a 2 minute walk from the hospital and its not unusual to see people sat having their dinner in jammies and dressing gown.

I live directly opposite a primary school which also has a nursery attached to it and I`m always seeing people dressed in pj`s and slippers or a onesie and slippers, some throw a coat over the top, others don`t. They pull up in their cars, get their kids out and run down the school path before running back to their car and driving off again.
Some Mums who walk to school also look as if they`ve got their pj`s under their coat but it`s worse when the weather is warm. You see them in shorts and bikini tops or shorts/mini skirts/leggings with cropped tops and other clothing which you`d only expect to see besides a swimming pool. Some of the shorts are so short that the wearer`s bum cheeks are hanging out and I`ve seen some hefty young lasses flaunting enough tummy bulge/chunky dappled thighs/unsupported boobs to make you cringe for them. Nothing surprises me now.

Those who wear nightclothes outside their homes are scum as far as I'm concerned. Judgemental, moi?

Those who wear nightclothes outside their homes are scum as far as I'm concerned. Judgemental, moi?
Bit harsh there Twi ....I've been known to pop to the papershop/local co-op in my pj's but would always wear my long parka over the top and tuck the bottoms into my ugg boots, and after dark I've been know to pop the rubbish bag up to the communal bin at the top of the street and I'm not scum (honest)!
Pot/kettle and all that, but I definitely don't like the idea of mums taking their children to school in nightwear even if they are just dropping them off outside in the car. Firstly I don't think it sets a great example to kids when you expect them to get up, get washed and dressed for school but you can't be bothered yourself - Also if as someone else said here you had car trouble outside or near the school gates, the poor child would be mortified and would probably get a fair bit of ribbing from other children. Children can be cruel enough as it is without a ready made excuse like that!
I prefer to get up and dressed, it makes you feel so much better. There's no way I would go anywhere further than the bin/local store and tbh my pj bottoms don't scream pj bottoms if that makes sense. I doubt if anyone would notice when I've got the coat and boots on, and if they do...what the heck!

I wouldn't call people scum (even if I thought it!) and I have worn my PJs in early winter mornings under a tracksuit to walk the dog (in the dark). I just think there is a total lack of personal respect and responsibility nowadays. I've been on the floor in my life but I've still got up, got showered, washed my hair, got my decent clothes on and gone to work. Dying on the inside but respectable on the outside, because in my day that's what you did and it got me through. Slop around the house all day in my nightwear, awful hair and stuffing food in my face? That would not have got me through.

I know I sound awful but you have to have a good hard look at yourself sometimes. My dad would swoop down from hell and burn me alive if he ever saw me putting the bin out in my jammies.

CC

Bit harsh there Twi ....I've been known to pop to the papershop/local co-op in my pj's but would always wear my long parka over the top and tuck the bottoms into my ugg boots, and after dark I've been know to pop the rubbish bag up to the communal bin at the top of the street and I'm not scum (honest)!
Pot/kettle and all that, but I definitely don't like the idea of mums taking their children to school in nightwear even if they are just dropping them off outside in the car. Firstly I don't think it sets a great example to kids when you expect them to get up, get washed and dressed for school but you can't be bothered yourself - Also if as someone else said here you had car trouble outside or near the school gates, the poor child would be mortified and would probably get a fair bit of ribbing from other children. Children can be cruel enough as it is without a ready made excuse like that!
I prefer to get up and dressed, it makes you feel so much better. There's no way I would go anywhere further than the bin/local store and tbh my pj bottoms don't scream pj bottoms if that makes sense. I doubt if anyone would notice when I've got the coat and boots on, and if they do...what the heck!
I wouldn't call people scum (even if I thought it!) and I have worn my PJs in early winter mornings under a tracksuit to walk the dog (in the dark). I just think there is a total lack of personal respect and responsibility nowadays. I've been on the floor in my life but I've still got up, got showered, washed my hair, got my decent clothes on and gone to work. Dying on the inside but respectable on the outside, because in my day that's what you did and it got me through. Slop around the house all day in my nightwear, awful hair and stuffing food in my face? That would not have got me through.

I know I sound awful but you have to have a good hard look at yourself sometimes. My dad would swoop down from hell and burn me alive if he ever saw me putting the bin out in my jammies.

CC
I think the virtual world of both of you but that's how I feel. The only excuse for being outside dressed that way is an emergency - health or evacuation from your home. Compare the scruffy Brits of 2021 with those who lived through the Blitz, saw their homes destroyed but still maintained their dignity.
546655584c94be4cd64fa1c5594e4d10.jpg

I think the virtual world of both of you but that's how I feel. The only excuse for being outside dressed that way is an emergency - health or evacuation from your home. Compare the scruffy Brits of 2021 with those who lived through the Blitz, saw their homes destroyed but still maintained their dignity.
546655584c94be4cd64fa1c5594e4d10.jpg
My Gran always got dressed (up) just to sit and watch telly because she wasn't able to go anywhere else. If I phoned her on a Sunday to see if she wanted to go to the garden centre and have a mooch and a cup of tea, she'd be there waiting with her good coat and hat on. I think it was called standards :D (missing her every single day).

CC

My Mum never left the house without taking off her pinny and slippers, combing her hair, applying a dab of Nivea face cream then a bit of lipstick and max factor face powder, her coat, her proper handbag and also a shopping bag if she was going to shop, a scarf folded into a triangle around her neck and neatly tucked into the front of her coat which always had a brooch pinned to it. In the very early 60`s she still wore a hat when she went out but by the late 60`s she only wore a hat in Church or at special events such as weddings.
Her weekly shampoo and set would be put back into place every morning and lacquered into shape after her wash down with Pears soap and a a good sprinkling of Yardley April Violets talc. She always seemed to smell soooooo nice, a heady combination of face powder, hairspray, soap and talc which on paper should smell nauseating but in reality smelled of "Mum".
She had wool coats with big buttons, one had a fur collar, pockets deep enough to hold a hanky, sweets and anything else she might need to hand. In Winter she wore leather gloves and I can honestly remember her wearing white lace ones with Summer frocks and a cardigan. Her things seem to last her forever and probably because she actually owned just a handful of dresses, a couple of pairs of shoes, 2 leather bags, one black , one brown, a good Winter coat, a lightweight gaberdine mac, her best coat with the fur collar and lots of scarves and costume brooches. The thing is back then, coats, shoes, bags etc were made to last, working class people didn`t have pots of money so when they bought something new (which was rare) they wanted quality and something which would "see them through" as my Mum used to say. They were the same with furniture, carpets and pots and pans.
My Mum died in 1987 and I`m still using one of the pans she`d had for years, plus the original collander she bought as a newly wed in 1941 and also her bread knife also bought in 1941.

Mr L is even more uptight than me. We usually wear older jeans and T shirts at home to doss around but if he was driving to the garage for a pint of milk he would change into good jeans and good sweatshirt even though he probably has a coat on over them, whereas I would just put the coat on

Latest posts

Back