Doll10 TSV 17/11/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Which shade are you generally?
Light / medium, but I am finding it just a bit too dark at the moment, so wanted a lighter shade for the winter. I did order a different shade in the last Doll Skin TSV, but I have lost it!!!! I just remember testing it once, thinking it was still a tad dark, now I can not find it to check the shade!

I use the Fair & I’ve ordered that. If it’s any help I use fair in her other foundations, porcelain in Laura Geller ( though can get away with fair) & either fair or fairly light in bare minerals. I like Doris’s fair as it has no orange in it.

I use the Fair & I’ve ordered that. If it’s any help I use fair in her other foundations, porcelain in Laura Geller ( though can get away with fair) & either fair or fairly light in bare minerals. I like Doris’s fair as it has no orange in it.
Ooh, thank you, that is helpful. I use fair in LG balance and glow and in the past, fairly light in Bare Minerals. I bought Medium at my last BM purchase as it is more pinky (cool) My skin seems to prefer the cooler shades and anything yellow or orange just looks very wrong now. I think I will order the fair TSV, then I can have a look at both colours and send one back. Your get your p&p refunded as well if you return within 14 days, so not loss. I wish they would send out samples of the foundations to regular customers. It would be so much easier to choose.

That would be such a good idea. Just little sachets in a couple of colours that we were debating between would do. Glad it helped, hope it turns out to be a good match.

Doll10 4 Piece Collection & Brush TSV 17/11/21

30ml Smooth Assist Retexturising Fluid RRP £32.88 + post
Smooth Assist Correcting Concentrate RRP £? + post
15ml Smooth Assist Pore Refining Primer RRP £? + post
Lip Genius Lipstick RRP £15.47 + post
Stippling Brush RRP £25.41 + post

Total RRP £73.76 + post (for what I could work out)
Impossible to do ml for ml, very difficult to find prices, I’m sure you had problems too SCW.

I got fair/light last time and it is a bit pale. I am fair but with freckles, going to try the light in this as going off IT cc cream it tends to look dry on my face.

That would be such a good idea. Just little sachets in a couple of colours that we were debating between would do. Glad it helped, hope it turns out to be a good match.
Thank you for your input, I am sure one of them will do the trick. I like all of the Doll 10 products I have tried, but foundation is a pain to get right sometimes.

I like that they apply the colours on the arm of the model. It's much more helpful than just a photo.
Me too, but the fair light looks a litten oder to me.

Thanks a lot! I am fair ivory in BM ( between fair and fairly light). I am just afraid that the Doll 10 fair shade could be too light for me, as would be the BM fair in the Original Foundation. But on the other hand, I am fair in It's CC Cream Illumination and that is a little bit too dark still, no way this is for "the fairest of the fairs".

Me too, but the fair light looks a litten oder to me.
... a little odd...

Well, both my kits have just arrived and I have tested the concealers, they both look to light for me! The Fair is very close to LG porcelain and while the Fair/Light is a shade or two darker, I still do not think it is any good for me. I might try the F/L foundation tomorrow and see if that is any darker. Grrrrrrrrrr!

I will pass on this one. I have bought a couple of Doris's TSV deals in the past in the fair option. She says "for the fairest of the fair" but on me, it is still too dark and one looked orangey. Granted, I am extremely fair but I just get fed up of buying amke-up on Q and either having to return, which is expensive or, gifting to my daughter, who is a teeny bit less fair than myself. So, no, not again! The only one I have had any success with is Bare Minerals loose mineral foundation.

I will pass on this one. I have bought a couple of Doris's TSV deals in the past in the fair option. She says "for the fairest of the fair" but on me, it is still too dark and one looked orangey. Granted, I am extremely fair but I just get fed up of buying amke-up on Q and either having to return, which is expensive or, gifting to my daughter, who is a teeny bit less fair than myself. So, no, not again! The only one I have had any success with is Bare Minerals loose mineral foundation.
This one is not orangey, pinky and quite chalky! but I did only try the concealer. But I do find the Doll 10 foundations tend to match the concealers well. The concealer bottle or opaque, so you cannot see the colour and the foundation bottle is a solid cream, so you can not see that either, so you have to test them out to see the colours.

This one is not orangey, pinky and quite chalky! but I did only try the concealer. But I do find the Doll 10 foundations tend to match the concealers well. The concealer bottle or opaque, so you cannot see the colour and the foundation bottle is a solid cream, so you can not see that either, so you have to test them out to see the colours.
Based on your message, I may have another bash at Doll10. I will post when I have tried it. Thanks very much for the information.

Well mine arrived, Fair, tried it & hate it, it’s going back
I look like I’ve been tangoed, never had this before with any other Doll 10 foundation.
Perhaps with the colour being wrong it looks thick & heavy even though I only used a tiny bit. The concealer is dry going on, the primer is just thick silicone, rather like the old Smashbox one. I even dislike the lipstick, it looks brown on me. The only thing I like is the brush.

Well mine arrived, Fair, tried it & hate it, it’s going back
I look like I’ve been tangoed, never had this before with any other Doll 10 foundation.
Perhaps with the colour being wrong it looks thick & heavy even though I only used a tiny bit. The concealer is dry going on, the primer is just thick silicone, rather like the old Smashbox one. I even dislike the lipstick, it looks brown on me. The only thing I like is the brush.
Aww, that's a shame. I ordered the fair and find it too pale, but not orange at all! It looks chalky, but pink on me. Like Laura Gellar Porcelain. I ordered Fair/light as well, tried the concealer and thought that would be to pale, but I have tried the foundation today and it is just what I was looking for. I normally wear Doll 10 light/medium in the summer and was looking for a lighter shade for winter months.

Tried mine and it's ok but not sure if its a keeper yet. Not keen on the lippy shade and yes the primer is very like Smashbox,

Tried mine and it's ok but not sure if its a keeper yet. Not keen on the lippy shade and yes the primer is very like Smashbox,
Well, I put the whole lot on at about half two this afternoon and it is just vanishing. One thing I like with most of the Doll 10 foundations is their staying power. the only one I have had problems with was the HydraBalm Serum, that just slides off me.

Latest posts

Back