I've had enough of.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I live about 8 miles from the Santa Pod drag racing track. I’ve never been, but I can sometimes hear the roar of the engines before they set off if I’m in the garden. No wonder ear defenders are often worn at the track.

We live directly opposite a Primary school which also has a nursery attached to it and you should see some of the sights I see. Mums and dads turn up wearing all kinds of stuff, much of it not pretty at all and during warm weather its common to see bare chested Dads wearing shorts with nothing underneath them and their often scrawny bodies looking in dire need of a good bath and Mums in bikini tops and shorts with their bum cheeks hanging out or Michelin Man leggings with rolls of blubber and cropped tops. I could go on but I think you get the picture.
And a particularly unpleasant picture it is!

Chelsea Flower Show begins on Monday & the first programme is on Sunday. I'm a member of the RHS & my sister & I always go on the first day, Monday is for press & the royals. Walking through the gates is my adult version of Christmas Day morning, I love this event & it'll be interesting to see it in early autumn rather than spring. My sister has a degree in Horticulture & is a natural gardener, when her husband died she was determined to sell their home & I had to choose the moment when I suggested that she waited before making such a huge change; I don't think she'll move, both her sons live nearby & leaving the garden, which has been her salvation, would be very difficult. Going to Chelsea with her is a delight & because many of the designers know her we get invited onto their gardens.
Twilight, I don’t know if you have caught on Wednesday evenings at 9pm on More 4 ‘Prue’s Great Garden Plot.’ We were late to the start of this series, it was the second episode last night think if you haven’t seen, it should be available to you on catch up. 🌺🌳🌷 Hope you enjoy. 😊

Twilight, I don’t know if you have caught on Wednesday evenings at 9pm on More 4 ‘Prue’s Great Garden Plot.’ We were late to the start of this series, it was the second episode last night think if you haven’t seen, it should be available to you on catch up. 🌺🌳🌷 Hope you enjoy. 😊
Thank you, I'll find it. After 18 months of evenings spent reading my Mr T has flung us into the busiest social life we've experienced in years with the last two Wednesdays being spent watching Romeo & Juliet (ballet) & then back to back 007 & Jasper Carrott!

Thank you, I'll find it. After 18 months of evenings spent reading my Mr T has flung us into the busiest social life we've experienced in years with the last two Wednesdays being spent watching Romeo & Juliet (ballet) & then back to back 007 & Jasper Carrott!
Another recommendation of a couple of series we have been watching and available on catch up:
Matt Baker: Our farm in The Dales Series One and Two on More 4.

I see The Sewing Bee is showing 2 festive specials over the Christmas period. I can`t sew for toffee but I love The Sewing Bee. Joe has left and the new host is Sara Pascoe, not sure how that will pan out.

Another recommendation of a couple of series we have been watching and available on catch up:
Matt Baker: Our farm in The Dales Series One and Two on More 4.
Reading your goat post I’m sure it will be so suitable 🐐🐑🐏🐓🐝

Just catching up with the later part of this thread. Really sorry Joe has gone, much preferred him to Claudia Winkleperson. Once read that not long ago she was the highest paid woman on the BBC...why? She obviously thinks she’s funny, delusional.
No idea who Sara Pascoe is
I like some of the antique shows, especially Road Trip though it’s repeated to death now on Really.
I can honestly say I’ve never watched housewives from wherever, Love Island, that jungle thing or any celebrity reality (?) show.

Sarah Pascoe ??????

I also see that Jay Blades has been allotted a place on the Christmas Strictly. I said as soon as he started hosting Repair Shop - (his odd painted chair legs qualified him for the job) that he'd be a shoo-in for Strictly, only surprised its taken so long. Yes he's an affable chap, BUT I do object to the amount of publicity he gets for just shaking hands, when its those marvellously skilled people who are the real stars of the show, in fact the lovely Will in my opinion should do the job.

The Christmas version is just a throwaway show so it doesn’t really matter who is in it. It’s prerecorded and he is currently abroad on holiday so I assume it is done and dusted by now.

Sarah Pascoe ??????

I also see that Jay Blades has been allotted a place on the Christmas Strictly. I said as soon as he started hosting Repair Shop - (his odd painted chair legs qualified him for the job) that he'd be a shoo-in for Strictly, only surprised its taken so long. Yes he's an affable chap, BUT I do object to the amount of publicity he gets for just shaking hands, when its those marvellously skilled people who are the real stars of the show, in fact the lovely Will in my opinion should do the job.
I don't mind Jay but absolutely love Will, what a talented man & gentle character. The Repair Shop gives me hope in an world sinking under throwaway plastic tat from China that is delivered in van by people wearing a smile logo.

All these pointless so called celebrities making tons of cash out of showing us their augmented breasts and huge backsides. Who cares? The older they get the more flesh they show us, the less clothes they wear and the less we are interested. If all the empty heads stopped buying the magazines, stopped following the social meeja, stopped watching the inane TV shows, then these boring people might just fade away.

CC
Yes I agree with you, especially the body modifications. I can understand a small busted person wanting an augmentation but what the hell are the Hugh Jass implants about??

I fail to see why anyone would want a huge bottom but hey, that's just me! Ah, the MEEJA says it is in fashion soooo everyone wants one. Back in the 70's when I was a girl, I would have died a death if I had a 60 inch arse. Now it would seem that is desirable. Really? I don't believe it.

CC

I fail to see why anyone would want a huge bottom but hey, that's just me! Ah, the MEEJA says it is in fashion soooo everyone wants one. Back in the 70's when I was a girl, I would have died a death if I had a 60 inch arse. Now it would seem that is desirable. Really? I don't believe it.

CC
There are going to be a lot of saggy arses when the fad dies out and people want them removing. Haha!

Sarah Pascoe ??????

Will seems like a lovely chap and clearly very talented...
But I like Jay well enough too. He’s the presenter of the programme not on their as a craftsman - and I don’t think he controls the amount of publicity he’s given?
Unless he’s some kind of PR mastermind (I doubt it!), it’s usually down to the press/media in lots of ways.

And once you’ve got a bit of a back story like his, do think they tend to run with it whether you ask or want them to or not?
You also get invited to appear on Strictly, you don’t ask to go on!

Agree Will would be great - if he could dance! - on SCD, but maybe needs a bit longer to raise his profile?

Latest posts

Back