The Huntley - where has she gone ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Steven Corfield tweeted a few days ago that Catherine has just been having some time out and a rest - which I suspect is not the full story, but I’m glad she’s okay.

I think she comes across as a decent, kind soul. I remember Davina McCall saying as much on air to her a couple of years ago.

I get that others aren‘t so keen, but honestly, given that she’s a human being presumably going through some sort of physical, mental or emotional challenges, I‘ve found some of the comments posted here over the months mocking her appearance, personality, love life etc etc to be in pretty poor taste.

All the emotional comments aside, people who pursue a career in front of the camera in television, in whatever capacity, put themselves up as a target. And they know it.

The QVC presenters ALL invite their audience to " 'get in touch' on my twitter/facebook/instagram account" without fail. So they really can't expect there to be no comments, queries or conjecture when the accounts go silent. Of course everyone is entitled to a private life, but it comes at a cost. If you invite the world into your life from the get-go by inter-action on social media and then suddenly its radio silence, then your admirers/fans/audience/clients whatever, will react in such a way that may not be admirable or favourable. Personally I think more fool them if they want to strike up a pretend friendship with someone "off the telly".

I think she'll comeback thin.
Yep, no doubt about that and then go all coy about how she managed to lose the weight. Probably the same way as she lost it the last time and the time before that. Then cue the DVDs, exercise machines, diet chef boxes, slim fast shakes, change your life books, reinventing herself as a life coach, yawn.

CC

I think she is building a new house. She nearly rebuilt her last house talking about her brick laying etc.
What? Another?

Yep, no doubt about that and then go all coy about how she managed to lose the weight. Probably the same way as she lost it the last time and the time before that. Then cue the DVDs, exercise machines, diet chef boxes, slim fast shakes, change your life books, reinventing herself as a life coach, yawn.

CC
Totally.

There'll be a tan, extensions, new body, face & teeth. Lots of Onjenu in size small.
Cue 'Looking gorgeous babe' from the adoring Stans. Ugh. Creepy Fuckers.

Sorry for swearing.

I suspect she or someone close to her is going through a ‘crisis’ of some sort and she is supporting them. Hope I’m wrong.
I think it may be her crisis?

She's obviously alive and kicking, so maybe her crisis is because she was given the push? I could be wrong of course, but I don't think she will be back.

She's obviously alive and kicking, so maybe her crisis is because she was given the push? I could be wrong of course, but I don't think she will be back.
Maybe she was sniffing around another job that QVC didn't like and was then emptied? Remember what happened to Dawn Bibby back in the day with the craft? I think there was a hint of Dawn talking to another channel and then she was just gone.

CC

Well she certainly hasn’t let any problems her mother may or may not have interfere with her self promotion of her music.
I don’t see why her daughter should put her life on hold and surely a mother wouldn’t want her child to do that.

Not a picture that I could see of her new husband Jamie.
I don’t think it’s that surprising he’s not at the graduation. I’m guessing the man on the photos is Chrissy’s dad. Both parents attending the graduation is what I would expect.
She has been off for a long time, but surely her photo would be taken off the presenters section on the website if she had gone.

Latest posts

Back