Ali Y “Qualified beauty expert”

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think she is a qualified beautician. Expert might be questionable. Alison has a way about her that she probably thinks is amusing but I'm not so sure. I think she makes a bit of money on her QVC role but I personally take what she says with a pinch of salt. She trips herself up over the brands so many times.

CC

Totally. Having experienced 'in the industry' I spot it all the time & think 'how is she getting away with this' ?

She did her original training a long long time ago (when toner was called astringent) Beauty has totally changed now. I think she's updated her knowledge but I spot the faux pas frequently.

I agree with you too. She can be quite rude to Will and makes certain he knows he is the lackey, at least she comes across that way to me. We have someone at work like that, she thinks she is a bloomin' consultant, dream on! She is also rude to patients visitors and has reduced some to tears, not cool.

She put me off her self years ago. She said a Liz Earle shower gel was a huge quarter of a litre at 200ml. I personally don't consider 200ml huge for a shower gel and certainly not a quarter of a litre.

AY bumbled over Philosophy with their huge all purpose gloop for body hands hair washing. I know lots like it but personally it feels very yukky sticky to me and she's got the size of that all wrong as she's using American measurements. Even after many had corrected Q, AY went on making the same wrong inflated claims.

I find AY smarmy. I like MDabbs stuff and it has changed my foot care (don't like or rate hand stuff at all as it dries my hands), I've spoken to three different NHS podiatrists and a muscle skeletal foot person. Not one of them had heard of MDabbs, therefore I don't get it that it is a world known brand. Yes there are international salons but very carefully chosen locations. The foot file is great for my feet and certainly helped me but the reviews are sometimes less flattering than you'd expect from the glowing worshiping that Q gives MDabbs.

I like the M Dabbs foot file and have used it for I gyess around 5 years. Never had one as good before and will stick with it as the replacement pads are easily available but the products are just meh to me. I prefer the L'Occitane foot cream and I've used it for years. If it 'aint broke, don't fix it. Same with habd cream but I have not tried Margaret's hand products.

Maybe she thinks her humour is 'dry,' but for me, she comes off as rude, bossy and 'know it all.'
I love & ooze dry humour, but one has to be careful, as it's very easily misunderstood. It's a risk to use it in her role, but it seems (she feels) she's untouchable.

One can only get away with being a knowall, if one is, indeed, a know all. I don't think she is, never mind 'industry this, industry that' Someone who mixes vats of factory face gloop could be 'in the industry'

She put me off her self years ago. She said a Liz Earle shower gel was a huge quarter of a litre at 200ml. I personally don't consider 200ml huge for a shower gel and certainly not a quarter of a litre.

AY bumbled over Philosophy with their huge all purpose gloop for body hands hair washing. I know lots like it but personally it feels very yukky sticky to me and she's got the size of that all wrong as she's using American measurements. Even after many had corrected Q, AY went on making the same wrong inflated claims.

I find AY smarmy. I like MDabbs stuff and it has changed my foot care (don't like or rate hand stuff at all as it dries my hands), I've spoken to three different NHS podiatrists and a muscle skeletal foot person. Not one of them had heard of MDabbs, therefore I don't get it that it is a world known brand. Yes there are international salons but very carefully chosen locations. The foot file is great for my feet and certainly helped me but the reviews are sometimes less flattering than you'd expect from the glowing worshiping that Q gives MDabbs.
She's got a salon thats been in Marylebone near Baker Street for years.

Latest posts

Back