Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Attachments

• Ruth TSV 1.jpg
    Ruth TSV 1.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 255
  • Ruth TSV 2.jpg
    Ruth TSV 2.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 333
Actually I quite like that pale blue one. Mr CC hates it lol. Don't need a jacket though as I bought a Joules one last year which will do for the spring.

CC

Every Spring and cooler summer days I wear a pink lightly quilted jacket that I bought from TKMaxx (to wear on my first ever cruise - QE2), and the year was 2007 !! its been washed umpteen times, and is the perfect slip-on to walk the dog and a nip to the shop. Other paddeds have come and gone, but my faithful pinky continually avoids the charity shop bag.

Ruth Langsford Diamond Padded Jacket
Item Number: 191898
QVC Price £90.00
Todays Special Value Price £64.98
P&P £3.95
2 Easy Pays of £32.49

No matter if there's a crisp breeze in the air, Ruth Langsford will make sure you're comfortably covered from this season to the next in this light padded jacket. Complete with traditional details like a classic collar and buttoned front, combined with a flattering fitted bodice, this jacket will ensure you're channelling country chic wherever you go - all you need is the scenic walk to go with it!
Wear it into spring - look no further for your transitional jacket. Thanks to its lightweight padded design, this versatile jacket will help to keep you warm in winter especially over toasty layers yet will also adapt well to the spring months when a slight chill remains. Wear it over floaty dresses or your favourite jeans and T-shirt combinations - it'll go with it all!
Something for everyone - with five fabulous colours to choose from, you're bound to find one you love. Black, Navy or Khaki are classic options that'll go with anything and stand the test of time. Soft Blue or Stone are slightly brighter options ideal for adding to your spring collection.
  • Long sleeves
  • Two pockets at the front
  • Metal button fastenings
  • Back vent
  • Lined
  • 100% polyester
  • Machine washable at 30C
Colour options:
  • Khaki
  • Navy
  • Black
  • Soft Blue
  • Stone
Garment measurements:
  • Chest: 8: 97.8cm (38.5"), 10: 100.3cm (39.5"), 12: 102.9cm (40.5"), 14: 105.4cm (41.5"), 16: 109.2cm (43"), 18:113 cm (44.5"), 20: 116.8cm (46"), 22: 121.9cm (48")
  • Hip: 8: 99.1cm (39"), 10: 101.6cm (40"), 12: 104.1cm (41"), 14: 106.7cm (42"), 16: 110.5cm (43.5"), 18: 114.9cm (45.3"), 20: 119.3cm (47"), 22: 124.5cm (49")
  • Length: 8: 74.9cm (29.5"), 10: 75.3cm (29.6"), 12: 75.6cm (29.8"), 14: 76cm (30"), 16: 76.5cm (30.1"), 18: 77.2cm (30.4"), 20: 77.8cm (30.6"), 22: 78.6cm (30.9")
All measurements are approximate

Is Ruth in a size to completely be able to fasten up and also wear something other than a thin garment underneath I wonder.🤔

This RL jacket is almost identical to one I bought about 3 years ago in a Bon Marche sale for £12. It has washed and worn and is still going strong and the navy colour has never faded, nor the quilting effect showing any loose threads or signs of coming unstitched. The jacket is now discontinued and I am sorry I didn`t buy 2 of them. I was torn between the navy or a red one and really should have bought both especially at the sale price.

This RL jacket is almost identical to one I bought about 3 years ago in a Bon Marche sale for £12. It has washed and worn and is still going strong and the navy colour has never faded, nor the quilting effect showing any loose threads or signs of coming unstitched. The jacket is now discontinued and I am sorry I didn`t buy 2 of them. I was torn between the navy or a red one and really should have bought both especially at the sale price.
I trust yours looks far better on you than Ruth has made hers look on her, very unflattering.

I like to think it looks ok on me DM. I have worn it many many times and I`m sure Mr V would have commented if it looked bad.
I’m sure it looks great if you feel comfortable in it.
The number of times Ruth has a jacket on and says it’s the correct size for her but she can’t fasten it. This looks a bit suspect under her bust line, she says it has shirring at the waist. 🤔

I’m sure it looks great if you feel comfortable in it.
The number of times Ruth has a jacket on and says it’s the correct size for her but she can’t fasten it. This looks a bit suspect under her bust line, she says it has shirring at the waist. 🤔
Mine has buttons not poppers and no shirring and I`d ever buy a coat I couldn`t fasten.

If I had my own range of clothes I would make sure it flattered me not made me look even worse than I do at my day job.

When she does photo shoots she can look pretty fab so all it takes is the right clothes and make up to make a fairly ordinary middle aged woman stand out from the crowd albeit that some of the photoshoots aren’t practical for real life but it shows there is something better than helmet hair and building society clothes.

Ruthless is missing her place in corporate uniform design.

There's no reason for it to be that price - full or tsv price, far too expensive for what it is, and RL's name doesn't add any value. I'd actually go as far to say that it de-values it. I've said it time and time again. There's a lot of Ruth's offerings I'd be happy to wear, but not at those ridiculous prices. I hate to say it, but I'd actually not mind owning the handbag she's recently brought out, but not at £149 + postage. At a push I'd have paid up to £80 for it (incl p&p). They're crazy prices imo!

Latest posts

Back