Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 08/01/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm still not convinced that she chooses or has a great input in much of her stuff at all. I mean, does she REALLY like animal print that much that her range is practically swamped in it ? I doubt it, its what arrives in from China, whether its the awful sunset red jumpers, or a too tight fitting faux suede biker jacket. Yes, I suppose vanity would agree to her putting a metal name strip on some pieces, but she's no fashion designer, and only describes the garments in the same way that June does for Frank Usher.

I got my daughter to buy me the leather look trimmed jumper. It was £45.00 plus post but she had a QVC voucher so used that. Its a lot more than that now. Gorgeous quality and thicker than some of her other jumpers. It has working zips either side of the hems. I want the Grey but will wait and see if it comes back in the introductory price or a special.

Overpriced in my opinion. I got one of her denim jackets in the outlet store In Shrewsbury (alas no longer there) for £10. A great jacket at that price.

If we like an item and we think it's good quality/value and wear it a lot then it's not a waste of money but everything is so similar to other ranges. These jumpers with hearts and stars are also done by Frank Usher and Dannii Minogue and probably others, so not exclusively designed by Ruth. You can also get them in the supermarket ranges for a fraction of the price.

I saw a sparkly scarf by KF on Q's website for £33 and bought an almost identical one for £12 on ebay. Are all these fashion ranges being made in China, bought by various outlets and then put out there as designer?

CC

Overpriced in my opinion. I got one of her denim jackets in the outlet store In Shrewsbury (alas no longer there) for £10. A great jacket at that price.
Q are overpriced on pretty much everything, and their p&p just rockets the prices up even higher, returns are also an expensive faff - so in all not a great place to shop.
If we like an item and we think it's good quality/value and wear it a lot then it's not a waste of money but everything is so similar to other ranges. These jumpers with hearts and stars are also done by Frank Usher and Dannii Minogue and probably others, so not exclusively designed by Ruth. You can also get them in the supermarket ranges for a fraction of the price.

I saw a sparkly scarf by KF on Q's website for £33 and bought an almost identical one for £12 on ebay. Are all these fashion ranges being made in China, bought by various outlets and then put out there as designer?

CC
This leads me on to another reason not to shop with Q. Yes, you expect to pay high prices for quality, but from what I've seen, the quality frequently isn't there, and in instances where it is, then the prices are so prohibitive I get stopped in my tracks. RL's handbag would be perfect for me, and I will accept that the quality looks great, but ffs - The price? When it was available on 3 easy pays, that's still £50 coming out of my bank account for 3 months (not to mention the extra p&p). I looked in my catalogue for a bag and found something fairly similar, it looked the right size, it was genuine leather. It was £90 so not cheap, so I thought I could put it on deferred payment, which means I have up to 6 months to pay it off and can pay whatever I like towards it just as long as it's settled in 6 months time. Sadly, when I looked at the measurements, it measured exactly the same as the bag I'm using now, which could do with being a bit larger despite the bag in the picture looking a lot bigger, and close up the leather looked a bit uneven, so quite possibly of somewhat dubious quality. I could take a chance knowing I can return it free of charge - but measurements are measurements so it would be a pretty pointless exercise. The leather on RL's bag looks pretty consistent and of good quality, and yes I could dig into my savings and buy it outright, but I'm not altogether happy about doing this as it could set me off on the slippery slope. I think £90 would be a fair price for this bag - I'm not spending £150 + on it full stop!

I think if I was paying £150 for a bag, I would want it designed by a more upmarket name than Ruth Langsford ! Don't forget, she probably gets a percentage of everything she promotes whether she's involved in design/manufacture or not - like Amanda Holden, Kelly Hoppen, Danni Minogue and the rest of the product "faces" who are marketing fronts.

CC
Who is KF?

I’ve said it before. QVC seem desperate to get Advanced Orders in. To me this smacks of a need to boost their balance sheets by showing an impressive order book and future payments to be received, ie owing to them.

I’m not casting any suspicions, but I know from my banking days that clients did this sort of thing to get better credit terms from their suppliers.

QVC is no doubt too big and successful a company to need to resort to such tactics though.

QVC seemed to have lost track of what’s available nowadays in the ‘dreaded high street’ and the like.

Supermarkets like Asda, Sainsbury’s, Tesco and even Morrison’s have clothes which are very ‘affordable’ yet reasonable quality. I don’t buy my entire wardrobe in these shops but I often pick up t shirts, undies and kids clothes for my 6 great nieces/nephews. Them the likes of MATALAN, Simply Yours, Roman Originals have some nice bits. Again you have to shop around which can be difficult for some people.

At least 3 garden centres in a 12 mile radius from me sell unusual bags, jewellery, scarves and small selections of clothes by local or small designers who cannot produce their items in huge numbers for national retail companies. Some lovely stylish items and not overly expensive for the quality.

The only advantage of having advanced orders is that you can cancel it when you’ve given it some thought and decided you don’t really want it or you’ve realised it can be bought more cheaply elsewhere.

I Love M&S they do loads of designer stuff and always give good customers like me discount codes plus other offers and sales. They do free delivery if you spend £50.00 or click n collect free at your local store. Its very very very rare that I buy clothing from QVC.

I Love M&S they do loads of designer stuff and always give good customers like me discount codes plus other offers and sales. They do free delivery if you spend £50.00 or click n collect free at your local store. Its very very very rare that I buy clothing from QVC.
I got some Marks gift cards at Christmas and recently ordered a skirt in their sale. It`s £13 and its fabulous, heavy satin fabric, long length which I like and in a silver grey colour which will match with lots of tops and jumpers I already have. There aren`t many sizes left now but for anybody who likes pleated skirts then it`s well worth buying. It wouldn`t be any good for petite height people but great for us taller ladies.

I got some Marks gift cards at Christmas and recently ordered a skirt in their sale. It`s £13 and its fabulous, heavy satin fabric, long length which I like and in a silver grey colour which will match with lots of tops and jumpers I already have. There aren`t many sizes left now but for anybody who likes pleated skirts then it`s well worth buying. It wouldn`t be any good for petite height people but great for us taller ladies.
Like skirts like this any idea on the length of the long option please, as would want it as a maxi?

i got the long length and from waist band to the bottom its 35 inches. I`ve just measured it for you.
Thanks Vienna much appreciated wondering if a bigger size would give me an extra inch in length. Really wish Marks would put the length on the skirts make it so much easier ordering online.

Thanks Vienna much appreciated wondering if a bigger size would give me an extra inch in length. Really wish Marks would put the length on the skirts make it so much easier ordering online.
It also depends where you wear the waistband DM. I have mine right up on my waist but if you wore it a little lower then it would be longer on you. It finishes just above my ankles on me. Worth trying for that price and if you have a food hall nearby its free collection and returns.

It also depends where you wear the waistband DM. I have mine right up on my waist but if you wore it a little lower then it would be longer on you. It finishes just above my ankles on me. Worth trying for that price and if you have a food hall nearby its free collection and returns.
Oh yes my hubby is a frequent food hall collector thank goodness even collects his own Christmas and birthday presents. 😉😂

Latest posts

Back