Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Funny how they just mentioned it relaunched as a brand 3 years ago after it’s mentioned on here, surely they don’t watch this forum or do they?.

I would love to know how they get away with it with the A.S.A.

Because ASA don't care enough about folks being conned, they're either not interested/to lazy/or taking backhanders, folks have complained to ASA but they treat each complaint individually instead of opening a proper formal investigation into how IW operate, so IW just say presenter made a mistake and it won't happen again, then ASA say ok here's a slap on the wrist and don't do again. Yet IW continue to lie and spout misinformation on a daily basis knowing full well that ASA won't do anything seriously about it. ASA & Ofcom for allowing these shysters to openly lie and misinform potential buyers in their own living rooms etc.

Funny how they just mentioned it relaunched as a brand 3 years ago after it’s mentioned on here, surely they don’t watch this forum or do they?.

Yeah, they've been known to read here. But they usually ignore all the useful information posted.

They also like to ignore emails pointing out their mistakes. ;)

Ps cadola website mentions Swiss heritage but the watches don’t have Swiss made on them, Far Eastern tat in my opinion.
IW seem to think that this, indefinable, Swiss ‘heritage’ will ensure a good watch.
On that basis, we should soon be seeing the Toblerone watch company. Or Gouda Timepieces inc. No experience of watchmaking at tall, but all that Swiss heritage.
I can imagine Peter Simon’s unrestrained excitement now, when he sees the Cheese Watch: ‘just buy it’.

Jess with Dormeo again, god have they not sold out of the them yet, there was only a few left days ago.

With the amount of times he stares at the camera and puts on that stupid grin, flashing his teeth, Davie Fabbro must be after a teeth whitening job,

OH and btw Jess, Fields Luxury Products have NO ******* heritage, they've only been on the go since 2018 and have absolutely no connection with the Swan & Edgar Department store who's History & Heritage you are wrongly attributing to Field's Luxury.

Swan and Edgar comedy hour again 😎 don't those bezels look really cheap and plastic 🤔 and does this David bloke just pull names out of the history books to connect the watches? Mike Hailwood, Frank whittle to name but two 😁

Swan and Edgar comedy hour again 😎 don't those bezels look really cheap and plastic 🤔 and does this David bloke just pull names out of the history books to connect the watches? Mike Hailwood, Frank whittle to name but two 😁

Think they just look at wiki for names.

Looks more like the old chrome plating finish.

See they still come out with the industry leading 5 year guarantee, obviously Shaun has forgotten they sell watches with a 7 year guarantee (Roamer).

I notice none of their limited editions give the number of watches they are limited to, nothing on back of watches etc. Some of those Limited Editions have been on many times, maybe not as limited as they are making out. ;)

Last edited:
I could be wrong but when I was watching tonight the guest didn't mention the department store when talking about Swan and Edgar; it was just a company that happens to make watches nowadays (y)

Also the suggestion that the serial number could be used to trace back to the person who made it, which may be theoretically possible but still gives a false impression of a hand-built masterpiece as opposed to just rolling off a Chinese production line.

“I’m not poorly, it’s just a cough,” says My Name is Den, as she hacks up over the 1912 vacuum cleaner for the umpteenth time. Cough..Splutter…Cough…Shoot some more phlegm across the studio..Well, you might not be poorly, luv, but you are certainly making me ill tonight…

“I’m not poorly, it’s just a cough,” says My Name is Den, as she hacks up over the 1912 vacuum cleaner for the umpteenth time. Cough..Splutter…Cough…Shoot some more phlegm across the studio..Well, you might not be poorly, luv, but you are certainly making me ill tonight…
That's a terrible attitude for her and her bosses to have, even if she's tested negative for COVID, and it can't be that she has to come into work since they could always show another pre-recorded Dormeo or treadmill show (it's mainly one of the other nowadays anyway). Unpleasant for her, unpleasant for the viewers, unpleasant for anyone who have to be within 2 meters of her.

Unless of course it's the fact that she could be dispensable scares her.

Speaking of still coughing Den, she's on with the Dormeo, which she says will probably be your last chance to get, even though on ever show it's been the last, last, last, last chance for the last week. ;):ROFLMAO:

That's a terrible attitude for her and her bosses to have, even if she's tested negative for COVID, and it can't be that she has to come into work since they could always show another pre-recorded Dormeo or treadmill show (it's mainly one of the other nowadays anyway). Unpleasant for her, unpleasant for the viewers, unpleasant for anyone who have to be within 2 meters of her.

Unless of course it's the fact that she could be dispensable scares her.

Been a few of the presenters coughing lately.

Maybe all presenters should wear the LAB LED Face mask.........what a hideous looking thing! :ROFLMAO: it would cover the face but sadly the bullturd would still seep out all over the place with that lot of presenters!

Maybe all presenters should wear the LAB LED Face mask.........what a hideous looking thing! :ROFLMAO: it would cover the face but sadly the bullturd would still seep out all over the place with that lot of presenters!

Think the two sisters must be big fans of Halloween & Friday the 13th, although compared to the presenter's faces it's a thing of beauty. ;)

But as you say, still wouldn't silence the rubbish being spouted.

Technological guru of completeness Peter Voh…Vol..Vohl..that Irish bloke who runs off Windows 3.1., is doing a marvellous job showing us a Beldray vacuum. He tells us this device goes back to 1872 or was it 1912 or was 1812? One of those years matching his current position on his computer knowledge, too.

Not only is Peter a technological master of IT, he is also a veritable smorgasbord of a sage on consumer rights law. “Don’t ring Ideal World if you have any problems - ring Beldray. Marvellous…He really has educated me on this because I thought your consumer rights were with the company that sold you the product, and you should contact them with any issues to resolve concerning your purchase.

Latest posts

Back